What's new

Land grab in Africa, brought to you by India

i support the buying land by Indian companies in Africa

due to increasing population land for agriculture in India will be shrinking

hence if we need more food the concerned decision is must

but we should not exploit Africans

I think India is providing jobs and money to locals as well...Unlike China ..India is friendly to local and local African loves India

This is not colonialism. Many countries are in fact inviting us to buy land and use our knowledge with agriculture to increase productivity there.

If we get preferential rates, that's a part of the deal. That's how it works.

It's not like "no shoes, no shirt and we're still getting service." ;)

Got to say, this is bad, Initially they did it here in INDIA by aquiring farm lands from LOCAL INDIAN Farmers at 10% price the market value with the help of INDIAN government and now they are doing the same to the Africans. This is going to bring bad name to our nation.
Support the local food growers in INDIA to sustain our food needs rather then destroy it here and grab some elses land in Africa.

Monmohan and his team of lunatics like Montec Signh Aluvalia are going to defame INDIA in a long run.

All these luxuries that we Upper Middle Class INDIANs enjoy at the cost of the down fall of INDIAN farming community. Because of the bad agri policies no longer any of the Formers want their sons to be Farmers.

What agri policies bhai? In Kerala, one have to pay 400-500 per day for an agri labour. Tell me how to do agriculture under such labour costs.

What agri policies bhai? In Kerala, one have to pay 400-500 per day for an agri labour. Tell me how to do agriculture under such labour costs.
True, thats the reason that I have moved to corps like cocunut and had developed a indegenus irrigation system that cuts the need for labour.

and about the policy that is bad, lets say the rural employment schem is a bad way in its implementation except Gujarat. because in Gujart that labourers work in the landlords fields who are paid with half the wage from the Landlord and the rest from Government which amounts to a total of 250 per day.
on the other hand in TN, these people report to the local government man in charge of the rural 100 days schme, sleep under the shade from morning, get 120 rs per day, besides the free rice, goat, etc. there is no need for the agri labour to earn and so agri labours demand more from the landlords.

Being a capitalist, I will not oppose this.

I'm selfish...so as long as India improves I got no problems with that.

True, thats the reason that I have moved to corps like cocunut and had developed a indegenus irrigation system that cuts the need for labour.

The only people who are doing agriculture in my place are those who can do it themselves. Others just grow cash crops.

and about the policy that is bad, lets say the rural employment schem is a bad way in its implementation except Gujarat. because in Gujart that labourers work in the landlords fields who are paid with half the wage from the Landlord and the rest from Government which amounts to a total of 250 per day.
on the other hand in TN, these people report to the local government man in charge of the rural 100 days schme, sleep under the shade from morning, get 120 rs per day, besides the free rice, goat, etc. there is no need for the agri labour to earn and so agri labours demand more from the landlords.

100% correct. The rural employment guarantee fails miserably in its implementation. It has created a bunch of slackers. I read that Mao used terror in the 1950s and 60s to make people work day and night to build infrastructure especially canals to improve agriculture. At least make this labour do something like that (without terror part), at least they are getting paid.

Being a capitalist, I will not oppose this.

I'm selfish...so as long as India improves I got no problems with that.

Well bro, then you lose every right to criticize other nations if they do the same in India (eg: Bhopal disaster)

I think the only way to get Africa out of foreign influence is to give it economic clout of its own. Pity when you're as poor as the DRC 50 years of 10 percent economic growth won't be enough.... South Africa's doing pretty well, though.

Back
Top Bottom