What's new

Lahore Under Attack

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Breaking news is coming in a blast has taken place in front of Police lines in Lahore there are chances of some deaths

After India-Pakistan cricket match, right on schedule.

In fact when Pakistan receive any form of positive global attention, terrorist attack follows shortly after.

RIP

Reports are saying at least 5 are feared killed

scary how commonplace these have become in Pakistan. RIP to the deceased.

My condolance to the family of victim. Let us hope that there is no more casualty.

Lahore-explosion-blast-police-lines_2-17-2015_175385_l.jpg

LAHORE: A high-intensity blast took place outside Police Lines in the Qila Gujar Sigh area of the city.

Rescue sources have stated that at least eight people were killed as a result of the blast.

The blast took place inside a vehicle parked outside a tea shop setting fire to 3-4 cars parked in the area. Motorcycles were also damaged while the windows of nearby buildings were shattered.

The intensity of the blast was so severe that it could be heard for miles away in the city.

“The blast was so severe that the ground shook and we ran towards the spot,” said a resident of a nearby area.

Police personnel have surrounded the blast site while snipers have also been deployed in the area. The Bomb Disposal Squad (BDS) have arrived at the blast spot and are collecting evidence.

The injured have been taken to nearby hospitals. Dr Amjad Shehzad from Mayo Hospital said a red-alert had been declared following the blast.

The police chief of Lahore, Amin Wains told Geo News that the bomb was a suicide attack. Police have also increased security at the entry and exit points of the city.

There are a number of commercial plazas, schools, banks and offices as well as a residential area near the vicinity of the blast site.

The blast has been condemned by Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and President Mamnoon Hussain.

This story is developing and will be updated accordingly.

You are such a ghulab jamun. Perhaps you should ask your own Sikh yatris that come to Pakistan on an annual basis? :lol:

You should perhaps understand that nobody in their sane mind would mock or celebrate the terrorism in Pakistan and that includes any sane minded Indian. The discussions on this forum are to learn about the current affairs of Pakistan which is the centrifugal subject of this forum. Your unnecessarily defensive posturing in trying to make insignificant these terrorist attacks was not an affront to India or the Indian members of this forum, it was an insult to all those poor victims of terrorism in Pakistan. Please grow up. And for your information, I do not own any Sikhs.

Sir, I believe Indians are deluded to believe that being in Pakistan is akin to stepping on a field mine. I am just conveying the truth to the self anointed experts of Pakistan from the Eastern border, that Pakistan is generally a safe country.

Any one who spend some time in this forum knows that is not the case....... There are issues and the issue is a serious one...... But no one believes that the entire pakistan is under terrorist threat....... But yes there are posters from india who try to score points on these incidents and it should also be discouraged......... Let us get back to the topic......

Back
Top Bottom