What's new

Lahore metro project finalised

Start of the docu has Lahore mass transit metro - and other developments. Another amazing thing about Lahore is that every religion and ethnicity lives there but there is no ethnic enclaves or conflict.

Last edited by a moderator:
Karachi or for that matter NWFP will never get such thing because the transport is ruled by ANP Mafia who won't let such project finish.

Karachi or for that matter NWFP will never get such thing because the transport is ruled by ANP Mafia who won't let such project finish.

Did you see when ANP goons smashed up the CNG buses inaugurated by Mustafa Kamal like 2 years ago? If a metro comes then the local buses which ANP's transport mafia thrives on will die out.

it is rapid mass transit system.. is it metro?? any confirmation??

great news but i will only beleive when project is started & atleast i see some construction pictures.

Start of the docu has Lahore mass transit metro - and other developments. Another amazing thing about Lahore is that every religion and ethnicity lives there but there is no ethnic enclaves or conflict.

You are right brother. Every Pakistani is always welcomed in our Sohna Punjab. Punjab Province belongs to all Pakistanis. We have to get along with each other to prosper. It is time Pakistan tries its best to achieve its full potential.

Last edited by a moderator:
They should get something like Maglev to connect all the stations or maybe all the cities...its the most advanced rapid system in the world...reaching upto speeds of 400km and less electricity would be needed...i dnt see any reason for pak to nt invest in Malev

we have to be careful that the lower middle class could afford it as well... upper and upper middle already have their own transport and i doubt they ll travel via pubic transport until and unless an appropriate culture gets developed....

True. I've been hearing about this and the Karachi one for years now and nothing has really been done for both

this time metro project will start because PML N want to do sumthing really good for the next election for election campaign and this project will add sum good points to there election campaign but i am not going to vote them :P

this time metro project will start because PML N want to do sumthing really good for the next election for election campaign and this project will add sum good points to there election campaign but i am not going to vote them :P

This project will give PML-N a boost in the next elections. I dont trust PML-N either when it comes to their foreign policies (ie Raymond Davis case and Nawaz of 1990's) but I am happy they are developing Punjab especially Lahore.

They should get something like Maglev to connect all the stations or maybe all the cities...its the most advanced rapid system in the world...reaching upto speeds of 400km and less electricity would be needed...i dnt see any reason for pak to nt invest in Malev

I thought MAGLEV was still pretty expensive to build and maintain...

we have to be careful that the lower middle class could afford it as well... upper and upper middle already have their own transport and i doubt they ll travel via pubic transport until and unless an appropriate culture gets developed....

That isn't generally a problem for such large scale projects. In the delhi metro, ticket prices are as low as 5 rupees. So that shouldn't be of much concern. Although development of the culture you speak of, should be.

Back
Top Bottom