What's new

Dhaka Metro rail: Also a show of local engineering might

BAL. Because BAL has fuked up our higher education with their mass graduation policy...

I don’t think so albeit from my anecdotal experience..

1. Few of my educated aunts were married off to BCS certified people and one to a doctor. Bro! They were hopeless! When they landed they couldn’t string a sentence together. My aunts had to work very hard to make them employable. Including driving them to college!!!

2. When I was at uni, Bangladeshis who came to study went to third tier unis. Hence I never met any Bangladeshis at uni.

3. Now my younger cousins are at top London unis and they do bump into the odd Bangladeshi.

4. 10 years ago how many 19 year old bride could pass an ESOL exam. I now see village educated girls passing a much stricter test introduced by the Tories.

Hasina has made the education system a lot more practical instead of the old rote learning.

Rote learning is physically draining but not mentally stimulating.

Which makes you think the old system was harder 🤣🤣😂😂

@UKBengali
@EasyNow

I don’t think so albeit from my anecdotal experience..

1. Few of my educated aunts were married off to BCS certified people and one to a doctor. Bro! They were hopeless! When they landed they couldn’t string a sentence together. My aunts had to work very hard to make them employable. Including driving them to college!!!

2. When I was at uni, Bangladeshis who came to study went to third tier unis. Hence I never met any Bangladeshis at uni.

3. Now my younger cousins are at top London unis and they do bump into the odd Bangladeshi.

4. 10 years ago how many 19 year old bride could pass an ESOL exam. I now see village educated girls passing a much stricter test introduced by the Tories.

Hasina has made the education system a lot more practical instead of the old rote learning.

Rote learning is physically draining and not mentally stimulating.

Which makes you think the old system was easier 🤣🤣😂😂

@UKBengali
@EasyNow

You are talking to someone who likes to see a glass half-empty.

He will drain all the will to live out of you.:cry:

BD has the BEST economy in the whole of the developing world and they still complain!

Yes there are still some major issues like poor quality higher education system and health service, but what do you expect when per capita income is at less than 3K and it used to be less than the average for the region till just 5 years ago.

BD started from almost scratch in 1971 and simply has not had the money to invest in these areas enough till recently.

It will take another 15 years or so but BD is not far off from becoming a decent country to live and work in. You just need to be patient.

You are talking to someone who likes to see a glass half-empty.

He will drain all the will to live out of you.:cry:

BD has the BEST economy in the whole of the developing world and they still complain!

Yes there are still some major issues like poor quality higher education system and health service, but what do you expect when per capita income is at less than 3K and it used to be less than the average for the region till just 5 years ago.

BD started from almost scratch in 1971 and simply has not had the money to invest in these areas enough till recently.

It will take another 15 years or so but BD is not far off from becoming a decent country to live and work in. You just need to be patient.

It is my farz to educate these buffoons.

The British ones are worst!!

And do not reflect the average British Sylheti kid who is powering ahead!

How can you be born and brought up British but cannot write coherently!

It’s disgusting and letting us down!!

Their sentences are longer than the average Kafka paragraph!!!

MoI in Bangladesh is Bangla. English MoI is offered by private institutes. Usage of English is very little in Bangladesh.
Can't comment about this.
Can't comment about this either.
Most likely they were educated in private institutes. So credit don't goes to BAL.
Nope, education system is still based on rote learning with some makeup and BAL has introduced mass graduation policy which fuked up our higher education...
Rote learning is physically draining but not mentally stimulating.

Which makes you think the old system was harder 🤣🤣😂😂

MoI in Bangladesh is Bangla. English MoI is offered by private institutes. Usage of English is very little in Bangladesh.

Can't comment about this.

Can't comment about this either.

Most likely they were educated in private institutes. So credit don't goes to BAL.

Nope, education system is still based on rote learning with some makeup and BAL has introduced mass graduation policy which fuked up our higher education...

10 years ago it was 100% rote learning.

Now it is about 80%.

My mother started out as a teacher and founded our village school. So we take a lot of interest in BD education and its text books.

It’s a slow process because the teaching staff cannot handle it.

Transition will take two generations.

10 years ago it was 100% rote learning.

Now it is about 80%.

My mother started out as a teacher and founded our village school. So we take a lot of interest in BD education and its text books.

It’s a slow process because the teaching staff cannot handle it.

Transition will take two generations.
You aren't talking about mass graduation policy of BAL...

You aren't talking about mass graduation policy of BAL...

Dude!

You sound like a British Tory decrying arts degrees! And golf degrees!

Undoubtedly, that goes on.

But, overall, higher participation in higher education is a good thing.

Higher education is the best way to destroy the class system.

If it means some people end up going to shitty unis to do shitty courses - I will take that!

Don’t harp back to the golden age. Because it didn’t exist!!

Dude!

If it means some people end up going to shitty unis to do shitty courses - I will take that!

For once we will need to disagree.

Mass univerisity education is a really stupid policy.

Only around 10% of the population are suitable for academic study after the age of 18.

BD needs to implement a selective education system where the top 10% will get access to higher education and the others will get an education to 16 or 18 depending on their abilities and preferences.

As an example, for someone who is interested in engineering but not that academic, they can be trained to become a mechanic working to repair cars, buses, trains etc. Others can be trained to fix planes.

For once we will need to disagree.

Mass univerisity education is a really stupid policy.

Only around 10% of the population are suitable for academic study after the age of 18.

BD needs to implement a selective education system where the top 10% will get access to higher education and the others will get an education to 16 or 18 depending on their abilities and preferences.

As an example, for someone who is interested in engineering but not that academic, they can be trained to become a mechanic working to repair cars, buses, trains etc. Others can be trained to fix planes.

I used to believe that but then I saw how it helped first batch of Sylhetis to get a foothold.

I think about 30% need to go to uni.

I used to believe that but then I saw how it helped first batch of Sylhetis to get a foothold.

I think about 30% need to go to uni.

That is only because every employer insists on a degree here in the UK.

As an example, there is no reason to ask for a degree to become an accountant or a software engineer. A 16 year old could just do A-Levels in accounting or computer science and then get into the relevant field by showing genuine interest and aptitude in the field. By the time they are 21 they would have 3 years of work experience and be far ahead in knowledge compared to someone who did a degree.

BD needs to stop this mass higher education system as it is producing too many unemployable graduates and implement the selective education system where people are taken down the right path according to their ablities and interests.

Dude!

Do you see how much you contradict with your own rants?

That is only because every employer insists on a degree here in the UK.

As an example, there is no reason to ask for a degree to become an accountant or a software engineer. A 16 year old could just do A-Levels in accounting or computer science and then get into the relevant field by showing genuine interest and aptitude in the field. By the time they are 21 they would have 3 years of work experience and be far ahead in knowledge compared to someone who did a degree.

BD needs to stop this mass higher education system as it is producing too many unemployable graduates and implement the selective education system where people are taken down the right path according to their ablities and interests.

Hahaha

You sound like an uncle of mine!!!

He thinks it is better to work in a restaurant than going to a crappy uni.

Mainly because he cannot find kitchen staff 🤣🤣😂😂

Do you see how much you contradict with your own rants?

It is not a contradiction!

What you consider to be an existential threat I see as small scale irritant.

It’s about the scale and magnitude!

Learn to comprehend!

Hahaha

You sound like an uncle of mine!!!

He thinks it is better to work in a restaurant than going to a crappy uni.

Mainly because he cannot find kitchen staff 🤣🤣😂😂

I am a bit surprised that you want to send dunces off to university when they do not have the intelligence to benefit from higher education. Anyone below the top 20% is a dunce in my opinion.

As a rough rule of thumb, the top 10% of the population are unable to even begin to comprehend STEM university level subjects such as Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Engineering and Computer Science.

There is absolutely no need for any of them to be at university when the ones just below them can do their A-Levels for 2 years and then start work in the respective fields like professional jobs as accountants and software engineers.

Others even lower down could be learning a trade like plumbing, mechanic, hairdressing etc at either 14 or 16.

We have lowered university standards so much that even not so bright people are getting into medicine - I want to make it that only the top 5% of 18 year olds are allowed to do medicine here in the UK and they would need to score A*A*B as a minimum to get in. If that means the state pays all their tuition fees and also a living grant of 10K a year to attract this calibre so be it.

The other thing is most of the dunces going off to university will never pay their loans back and so it is costing the state vast sums of money to "educate" them. Spend that money on increasing the quality of those doing stem subjects and medicine. That is a far better use of the state's limited resources.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom