What's new

Lahore-Karachi divide hurting Pak cricket badly: Mohammad Zahid

Choppers

Reaction score
Country
India
Lahore-Karachi divide hurting Pak cricket badly: Mohammad Zahid
Ani, ANI, 06 March 2010

Islamabad, Mar.6 (ANI): A regional divide is hurting Pakistan cricket badly, former fast bowler Mohammad Zahid has said.
Zahid, who played 16 one-day internationals for Pakistan before shifting to England, said the divide between players from Lahore and Karachi has long been there and it is still affecting game in the country.

"The Lahore and Karachi divide was there in my time and it's there today. Nothing has changed and nothing has been done to get rid if this problem," Zahid told PakPassion.net.

He said the divide is hurting both the domestic set-up and the international team.

"I know for a fact that there are differences and they are affecting the team in a negative way. This atmosphere of suspicion and mistrust has to go if Pakistan is to once again become a force in the world of cricket," the 33-year old fast bowler said.

Zahid, who has been playing league cricket in Britain continuously, said only Imran Khan had taken some firm steps to eradicate the divide among players but after him no one has bothered to look into the issue.

"Only Imran Khan eradicated this divide and made sure that the Lahore/Karachi issues did not surface on a regular basis when he was captain. Other than Imran, I don't think any captain has been able to handle the issue that well," he said.

Referring to recent reports of there being different factions in Pakistan's national cricket team, Zahid said cricketers should remember that they are playing for their country and not for their respective regions.

"I feel that modern day Pakistani cricketers should play for their country and play as a unit, rather than forming cliques and groups within themselves," he added. (ANI)

Lahore-Karachi divide hurting Pak cricket badly: Mohammad Zahid - Yahoo! Cricket

welll i remember Mohammad Zahid lara said in his interview that he was the fastest bolwer he ever faced in his entire life

Back
Top Bottom