What's new

KPK to have first girls’ cadet college in history of Pakistan

Kohistan is a hell hole, my cousin got attacked with stones over their for no reason.
There have been even worse attacks. Like those on shia's going to gilgit baltistan. Without education and employment the region is waiting to blow. Its literacy is even lower than FATA's which is 22%. Kohistan's is 10%. Another incident in Kohistan was the murder of girls clapping in a wedding.

And what was your cousin exactly doing there.
Just driving through, no sinister intentions.

There have been even worse attacks. Like those on shia's going to gilgit baltistan. Without education and employment the region is waiting to blow. Its literacy is even lower than FATA's which is 22%. Kohistan's is 10%. Another incident in Kohistan was the murder of girls clapping in a wedding.
Folks their lack basics literacy, many cannot speak urdu, they do not speak pashto, KPK govt need to invest in basic education in Kohistan.

Where is this Kohistan ?

Where is this Kohistan ?
Its part of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa officially but people speak a different language. Bapsi Sidhwa has covered the region in her book the Pakistani bride. It is between Swat and Gilgit Baltistan. According to reports it is the district with the second lowest literacy rate, after musakhel, a pashtun area in northern balochistan. Another region with such an abysmal literacy rate could be north waziristan if counted out of FATA (which has literacy of 22%) but statistics about it are unavailable.

PS. I have to note that the places with lowest literacy and lowest employment are bastions of orthodox anti liberal thinking (the type where girls are second class citizens). These regions pose the biggest threat of insurgency, whether ethnic or religious/sectarian. In Balochistan we can see the situation is so bad and resources so badly spread out that balochistan produces gas but does not have gas anywhere except Quetta city. Outside Quetta the situation is horrible, including in the education sector. The proof is that atleast 8 of the ten districts with the lowest literacy rate are in Balochistan. This includes Dera Bugti, the hometown of Nawab Akbar and Sarfraz Bugti.

@Irfan Baloch desert fighter is banned so I couldn't tag him. I know you don't speak about Balochistan but you are a native. It is therefore imperative to get your opinion. What should we do to lift Balochistan or regions like Kohistan from the abyss.

Aisay aisay jhoot bolti Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf, it's shocking. There are already girls cadet schools in Pakistan.

Three years of rule by billionaire Imran Khan and nothing to show for herself.

Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf keeps bragging on and on about some superior police they have in KPK that has not arrested a single politician from the previous governments and clawed any money back.

Its part of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa officially but people speak a different language. Bapsi Sidhwa has covered the region in her book the Pakistani bride. It is between Swat and Gilgit Baltistan. According to reports it is the district with the second lowest literacy rate, after musakhel, a pashtun area in northern balochistan. Another region with such an abysmal literacy rate could be north waziristan if counted out of FATA (which has literacy of 22%) but statistics about it are unavailable.

PS. I have to note that the places with lowest literacy and lowest employment are bastions of orthodox anti liberal thinking (the type where girls are second class citizens). These regions pose the biggest threat of insurgency, whether ethnic or religious/sectarian. In Balochistan we can see the situation is so bad and resources so badly spread out that balochistan produces gas but does not have gas anywhere except Quetta city. Outside Quetta the situation is horrible, including in the education sector. The proof is that atleast 8 of the ten districts with the lowest literacy rate are in Balochistan. This includes Dera Bugti, the hometown of Nawab Akbar and Sarfraz Bugti.

@Irfan Baloch desert fighter is banned so I couldn't tag him. I know you don't speak about Balochistan but you are a native. It is therefore imperative to get your opinion. What should we do to lift Balochistan or regions like Kohistan from the abyss.
Thank you sir, this is strange since I have been to northern areas multiple times but some how we (I mean me and my friends) never ventured into this area and I was thinking perhaps it was somewhere in Baluchistan. I don't what are the practical difficulties on the ground that this area has been neglected by the govts of NWFP / KPK perhaps the community is too conservative and rigid, however now they should be targeted for education and should not be left out other they will become a source criminal activities for the rest of the country. As a nation, we are selfish at times..if we know that my fridge is full, my car tank is full with gas and my bank is account has money, my children can go to the school, we don't give a damn to what happens in rest of the country..but that's selfish and idiotic since whatever is happening in far flung areas will come to haunt us one day... we kind of learned that in past two decades of the terrorism and violence when the illiterate, uneducated and brainwashed teenagers and young men from FATA came to our cities and our posh areas with relative higher standards of living and exploded themselves, killing themselves and a taking the lives of a few dozen people with them each time. But it did not happen over night.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom