What's new

KPK on Punjabs Footstep

Even if it is correct data, KPK is not going to extort >> 50% of allocated funds into pockets of politicians & such.
After that "slippage" of funds under the table, actual fund that gets to grass root could very well be more in KPK than in Punjab.

In Punjab larger part of that 27% is politicians' pocket money.
Tum jese nikammay chawal to ab yehi kahain gay. You guys are basically slaves to your God-Like Fasaadi leader. You are just not ready to accept that your fasaadi leader has sold your dignity and family. Use some logic and come up with a better explanation next time. This just goes to show your state of mentality. No matter what others would do, you will always criticize them, no matter what. Chawal

First of all, the thread title is as disgusting as the original poster, cut this provincial hatred stuff for God sake.

About the claims, well yes every province is copying great shahbaz sharif. Here are a few examples.

• Massive anti polio drive (Sehat ka insaf) in kpk that has cured 1.8 million kids in just 4 months time. Do we have any such example in history of Punjab Govt under Showbaz? Name me one.
  • Patwari culture is completely uprooted in KPK within just one year. What Showbaz has done in this regard in his 26 years rule?
  • Computerized Land Records? I've been hearing Punjab doing this since past 3 years, but till previous month in Lahore (capital of Punjab) I personally had to bribe a patwari to clear my land documents. Nothing, I repeat NOTHING has been computerized in Lahore till date. Stop bragging about something this is still on papers for 3 freaking years.
  • Agriculture tax? PTI's KPK govt has imposed Agriculture tax in her 2nd budget, what Showbaz has done about this in his 26 years rule?
  • Free and independent police: KPK police is completely independent from any political interference in just one year. What is the situation of Punjab police in 26 long years of Showbaz's good governance?
  • Online FIR system, mobile courts, women justi desks, Special Combat Unit all these things have been done in just one year in KPK. Do we have these things in Punjab under Showbaz till date?

Aa jate hain munh utha k Showbaz k balls lick karne.

First of all, the thread title is as disgusting as the original poster, cut this provincial hatred stuff for God sake.
e.

First tell your PTI leader to stop playing punjabi card to hide incompetent KPK government policies.

First tell your PTI leader to stop playing punjabi card to hide incompetent KPK government policies.

Like?

And oh, I get it. You actually don't have any answer to my rest of post. So you resort to score some cheap brownie points instead. So typical of N-League supporters. :lol:

Like?

And oh, I get it. You actually don't have any answer to my rest of post. So you resort to score some cheap brownie points instead. So typical of N-League supporters. :lol:

Policy of KPK gov ignoring Hazara areas or parts in which they didn't win election. While N is busy giving importance to areas where PTI was popular in Punjab to vow voters.

Policy of KPK gov ignoring Hazara areas or parts in which they didn't win election. While N is busy giving importance to areas where PTI was popular in Punjab to vow voters.

Bullshit, show some proof of your claim.

Meanwhile, in Lahore:

After ruling Punjab 6th time, showbaz isn't able to create one police squad that can provide fool proof security to him and his family. He has today requested army to provide him security. This is just another example of so called good governance of Showbaz.

I'm sure like all my previous post, this one too with go miles above your head. But still, mujhe hey hukm-e-azaan. :whistle:

Bullshit, show some proof of your claim.

Meanwhile, in Lahore:

After ruling Punjab 6th time, showbaz isn't able to create one police squad that can provide fool proof security to him and his family. He has today requested army to provide him security. This is just another example of so called good governance of Showbaz.

I'm sure like all my previous post, this one too with go miles above your head. But still, mujhe hey hukm-e-azaan. :whistle:

There is no comparison between army and police, after giving go ahead for operation. (which is gutsy move unlike buzdil khan)

Full protection should be provided to Sharif family.

Budgetary Comparison (Static): Development Strategies of Punjab & KPK

Punjab&KPK_budgetchart.png
At the aggregate level, the first impression is that of an uncomfortable similarity. The only major difference appears to exist in the education sector. Whereas the health sector gets a roughly similar treatment. However, this is mostly due to the expected similarity in the current expenditure which often does not provide ample room to manoeuvre for long term development objectives. In the following, I start with a breakdown and cross-comparison of Education and health. I then move on to the breakdown of the annual development expenditure (ADE) which is where the respective strategies can be inferred from.
1) EDUCATION & HEALTH
Note that there are two heads where sectoral expenditures can fall under: Current expenditure (CE) in the form of salaries etc; and, annual development expenditure (ADE). I give estimates for each of these to allow you for self-reflection.
Education
Punjab:
i) CE: Punjab has allocated 47bn for education (which is 4.3% of the Budget).
ii) ADE: Punjab has allocated 45bn* for education (which is 13% of total ADE and 4.1% of the Budget).
Summary: Total allocation for education is 8.4% of the Budget
*I have taken out the 2.9bn for 'Sports and Youth' from education to stay consistent with the KPK allocation.
KPK:
i) CE: KPK has allocated 87bn for education (which is 21.6% of the Budget).
ii) ADE: KPK has allocated 25bn (14bn from domestic sources and 11bn from Foreign assistance) for education (which is 18% of total ADE and 6.1% of the Budget).
Summary: Total allocation for education is 27.7% of the Budget

Health
Punjab:

i) CE: Punjab has allocated 54bn for education (which is 4.9% of the Budget).
ii) ADE: Punjab has allocated 31bn for education (which is 9% of total ADE and 3.6% of the Budget).
Summary: Total allocation for education is 8.5% of the Budget
KPK:
i) CE: KPK has allocated 21bn for education (which is 5.2% of the Budget).
ii) ADE: KPK has allocated 11bn (8.2bn from domestic sources and 2.9bn from Foreign assistance) for education (which is 8% of total ADE and 2.7% of the Budget).
Summary: Total allocation for education is 7.9% of the Budget

2) ADE: PRIORITY BREAKDOWN
While there is little difference at the aggregate level, significant difference can be observed in the development strategies of the two provinces.
i) One of the contributing factor (education) has already been pointed out. Education has share of 18% in ADE for KPK whereas it is 8% for Punjab.
ii) Industry & commerce gets an allocation of 3.7% by KPK. For Punjab it is 2% of the ADE.
iii) 13.4% of the ADE in KPK is going to district/regional development. For Punjab it is only 5.3%.
iv) 5% of the ADE has been allocated to 'Home' by KPK. There is no such heading in Punjab budget.

v) Infrastructure development gets a major 43% of the ADE in Punjab. For KPK it is only 24%
a) Roads: 9.2% of ADE for Punjab; 12.4% of ADE for KPK.
b) Irrigation: 10% of ADE for Punjab; None
c) Energy: 9% of ADE for Punjab; 4% for KPK
d) Buildings: 2.3% of ADE for Punjab; 1% for KPK
e) Urban Development: 12.2% of ADE for Punjab; 6.3% for KPK
vi) For Punjab, 9.5% of the ADE is going the 'Special Initiatives.' For KPK, an almost similar heading of 'Pro-poor initiatives' has an allocation of 5.7% of the ADE. It is less clear as to what these initiatives are.
SUMMARY:
The above breakdown (plus health) accounts for around 76% of the ADE for both KPK and Punjab. The higher spending by Punjab under v) and vi) can explain all of the spending difference between the two provinces under i), ii), iii) and iv).
The difference between the two development strategies can be adequately attributed to the varying priorities across Social Development Spending and Infrastructure Development Spending. While KPK is more focused on education and district level social spending, Punjab has its emphasis on large scale infrastructure projects in both energy and road network. Which one is better? It is a subjective question. There is a different remedy for every problem.

Useful Comparison Table:
The following is the percentage share (in total expenditure) of all the aggregate spending across Punjab and KPK:
The entry for Punjab under 'B' has been adjusted by eliminating the double counting and to make it consistent with the KPK layout. The %ages have been calculated using corresponding tables (on General Revenue and Expenditure 2014-15) in both the budget documents. These are the first table in each document.

Source material: I have used the following two documents for my analysis. The picture attached is completely based on the Table 1 in each of the budgetary papers:
http://www.financekpp.gov.pk/FD/attachments/article/251/White%20Paper%202014-15.pdf
http://www.finance.punjab.gov.pk/system/files/WP2014_15.pdf

finding a Highway to HOPE: Budgetary Comparison (Static): Development Strategies of Punjab & KPK

Last edited:
I couldnt get even a single number. see my post
I think you are counting the basic education budget only. How about adding Higher Education, Skilled/Technical education programs and things like that in the education budget? The overall budget if I take it from the budget speech of both Punjab and KPK is as follows:

273 billion rupees for Punjab out of 1035 billion rupees (page 10, paragraph 18)

Source: http://www.finance.punjab.gov.pk/system/files/BS2014_15.pdf

111 billion rupees for KPK out of 404 billion rupees (page 27, paragraph 50)

Source: http://www.financekpp.gov.pk/FD/attachments/article/251/Budget Speech 2014-15.pdf

Back
Top Bottom