Ajith kumar ---THALA is what he is affectionately called in tamilnadu

--- nice psycho thriller

Last edited by a moderator:
220px-Kandukondain_Kandukondain.jpg

ajith kumar -- Billa movie --- superb --- watch it- gangster thriller

ajith kumar -- mankatha movie --- please watch this --- heist movie --- superb

ajith kumar -- billa 2 ---average

ajith latest stunt -- upcoming movie --- mindblowing --- i dont how many top heros will do this -- watch this

ajith kumar --- hes a formula 2 race driver --- watch this

Actor Vikram --- Sethu movie ---- one of his best --- probably the best acting -- watch this

Actor Vikram --- Dhill movie --- a fight between a cop and a cop wannabe --- i think this was remade in hindi as dum

vikram --kanthasamy movie -- cbi officer -nice movie
Kantha.jpg

vikram --- deiva thirumagal --inspired from iam sam--- the best acting ----just watch this--you"ll cry
220px-Deiva_Thirumagan.jpg

Im sorry to bring in an off-topic post..
But are we all slaves to the US mentality that we must always have something-wood ??
Are we not capable of calling it anything else?
Bollywood, Lollywood,Mollywood.. etc
The word Hollywood may be anonymous with US cinema but the British never took a "wood" name even though their industry had a lot of dependency on the US initially.

But are we all slaves to the US mentality that we must always have something-wood ??
The word Hollywood may be anonymous with US cinema but the British never took a "wood" name even though their industry had a lot of dependency on the US initially.

Our people(south asians) thinking that western model is perfect and we want 2 be like westerners. You agree or not we always the slaves of westerners in every aspects. South asians losing their identity gradually our culture will extinct with in this century for sure.

Spot on! Lack of creativity.. or wrong people doing the wrong job, i would say. We just like copying anything do with west.. right from reality TV shows to the kinda of lifestyle we like to live...some for good reason & some are for just sake of it.

By the way any movie made on Tamil legends or historical figures? Serious question because one of the first movies we Pashtuns made was Yusuf Khan and Sher Bano which is a Pashtun legend basically so culture and history plays a large role in the movie industry. And do they have link with english subtitles?

I can not call any movie as First Tamil Movie specifically because, any movie made/shown in Tamil Nadu prior to the first talkie movie is a silent movie. The first Tamil talkie film is Kalidhas (1924). I think the producers are non-Tamilians, probably north Indians, who parallaly produced a Telugu movie. For me, the era of Tamil Film industry started from Kalidhaas (an Industry that innovated Breaking the language barrier)

Many Tamil films, after independence, made on Tamil legends (i.e., Kattabomman, Bharatiar, VOC, etc.). But you'll click X button of your media player within minutes even it has English subs. A watchful historic Tamil movie is still to come.

Kollywood (Tamil film industry) never associate history, science, logic, etc., with its BUSINESS.

Another question is what is the significance of the mustache for an average Tamil? Why do those actors have to have mustaches? Is it culture or what plays a part in this.

Yes, nustache is within our culture. Tamil girls never like a man without mustache. No actor will survive in this film industry without it.

our A R Rahman winning oscar - speaks in tamil after receiving
images

Sivaji Ganesan and Marlon Brando
images

Sivaji ganesan with Standing:Jim Garner,Jack Lemmon, Charlton Heston. Sitting:George Chandler, Sivaji Ganesan, Walter Pidgeon
sg014.jpg

i thot the word Kollywood takes its name frm Kerala movies?:what:

so wat word is used for movies in Dehli? DollyWood?:unsure:

Kamal Hassan makes Hollywood debut --- produced by Barry osborne -- google about'em

Kamal Hassan 2013 release --- VISHWAROOPAM
vishwaroopam-hindi-movie-pictures-016.jpg

Ilaiyaraja -- Indias best Musician
images

Ilaiyaraaja (born Gnanadesikan on 2 June 1943) is an Indian film composer, singer, and lyricist, mainly in Tamil film Industry and other Indian film industries like Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada, Hindi and Marathi.[3] He is regarded as one of the finest music composers in India. Ilaiyaraaja is also an instrumentalist, conductor, singer, and a songwriter. To date, he has composed over 4500 songs and provided film scores for more than 950 Indian films in various languages in a career spanning more than 30 years,[4][5] particularly being acclaimed for his background scoring for Indian films. His songs and background score played a very crucial role in the success of many films. He remains one of the most popular composers to have emerged from India.[6][7

Back
Top Bottom