What's new

King Abdullah's call gets generous response

All charities are welcome. Alas, in case of Somalia, it will never reach the needy.

Where is the pro-Iraian crowd of PDF?

LOL you mean House of saud that's stealing Arabia money by the billions asked people to donate money for Somalia is some thing to be proud off if he really wanted to help he wouldn't have been in the news with pictures printed and quietly helped like Real Muslims do.

i understand you and like you are desperate to make house of saud look like humans but they themselves don't help guys like you so unless u have some thing solid next time and may i say Good luck with that don't challenge as it only make u look even more dumber.

New conspiracy theory! You are troll of the year sir!

Some in Pakistan cant see reality as there loyalties lie some where other then Pakistan they are also known as parasites or commonly known as wahabies but fortunately others can see reality calling them names as they are speaking the truth and are patriotic to there country doesn't make them come across as troll but on the other hand we all no who the real unwanted ones are in Pakistan ask any terrorism victim in Pakistan there fingers will be pointed at terrorism donors and supporters.

LOL you mean House of saud that's stealing Arabia money by the billions asked people to donate money for Somalia is some thing to be proud off if he really wanted to help he wouldn't have been in the news with pictures printed and quietly helped like Real Muslims do.

i understand you and like you are desperate to make house of saud look like humans but they themselves don't help guys like you so unless u have some thing solid next time and may i say Good luck with that don't challenge as it only make u look even more dumber.

So if we helped it is for show if we did not show we helped people will come and say as Nomi said..... There is no pleasing you is there??

Arab news
Kingdom’s Somali fund crosses SR160 million

By MD HUMAIDAN | ARAB NEWS

Published: Aug 24, 2011 00:50 Updated: Aug 24, 2011 00:50

JEDDAH: The national fundraising campaign for famine-hit Somalia, which was opened by Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah on Monday, raised more than SR160 million in addition to tons of food. King Abdullah gave SR20 million to the fund.

Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, chairman of Alwaleed bin Talal Foundation, donated SR5 million.

The donation was announced live during the televised campaign to help the famine victims in Somalia.

The announcement was made by Ali Al Nashwan, board member of the foundation.

Recently, Prince Alwaleed received at his office in Riyadh Somali Ambassador Ahmed Abdullah Mohamed, who briefed the prince about the situation in Somalia giving accounts of the affected people.

Prince Alwaleed expressed his concern about the situation in Somalia and his readiness to assist the famine-hit people.

Mohamed thanked Prince Alwaleed and assured him that the Somali Embassy in Riyadh would extend its support and cooperation to the foundation on this matter.

The ambassador also met with foundation vice-chairwoman Princess Ameerah in Riyadh.

Many companies and banks have offered generous donations during the campaign.

SABIC said it would give SR5 million while the Saudi British Bank (SABB) announced a donation of SR1 million. “SABB’s contribution to the campaign comes in line with the noble initiative taken by our government for the support and relief of the distressed people of Somalia,” said Khaled bin Suliman Olayan, chairman of the bank’s board of directors.

Saudi Aramco employees have donated SR3 million during the past 24 hours.

“The amount is expected to increase given the enthusiasm shown by employees,” said Khalid Al-Falih, its president, adding that the company would donate an amount equal to the employees’ donation.

Arab News visited the campaign’s center at the Education Ministry stadium in the Faisaliya district and witnessed the good public response to the fundraising campaign as some Saudis and expatriates had come with their families to donate cash and other valuables.

Mohsen Al-Attas said it was his five children who encouraged him to come to the place and make the donation.

“I was planning to make the donation through my bank account but because of the enthusiasm shown by my children I decided to come here,” he told Arab News.

Al-Attas, who was with his children, brought clothes as well as food.

An Asian worker also came to the place to give his donation.

“I came here to express my support and solidarity with the Somali people who have suffered a lot because of famine and drought,” he said.

“Although I can make only a small contribution compared to others I decided to come here to express my sympathy toward the Somali brethren,” said the worker.

Arab News noticed that many parents brought their children to the campaign center to encourage them to make contributions for the poor and needy.

They wanted to inculcate the culture of giving in their children’s minds.

During its stay in the center, Arab News heard a lot of interesting stories. One child had said he would donate the money received as Eidiya (Eid money) to the Somalia relief fund while a bride said she would donate her mahr to the fund.

Campaign authorities said they have received tons of food and other donations in kind such as gold, jewelry, and other valuables whose value would be determined later.

The International Islamic Relief Organization of Saudi Arabia said it had distributed 7.47 million kilograms of food among the Somalis.

© 2010 Arab News

I just can't wait for a couple of years from now for when "Articles" come and say that all of these donations went to support terrorists in Somalia :yahoo:

So if we helped it is for show if we did not show we helped people will come and say as Nomi said..... There is no pleasing you is there??

First of all he didn't help he asked people to help and made sure news crews were there so his intentions weren't to help what does Real Islam says about giving oh my bad i forgot who you are it says when you give make sure even your left hand doesn't no what you are doing i simplified it so you and specially Bozo can understand it Islam isn't about pleasing me its about pleasing the All Mighty.

---------- Post added at 08:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

I just can't wait for a couple of years from now for when "Articles" come and say that all of these donations went to support terrorists in Somalia :yahoo:

why wait couple of years ask any body with brains and eyes.

First of all he didn't help he asked people to help and made sure news crews were there so his intentions weren't to help what does Real Islam says about giving oh my bad i forgot who you are it says when you give make sure even your left hand doesn't no what you are doing i simplified it so you and specially Bozo can understand it Islam isn't about pleasing me its about pleasing the All Mighty.

---------- Post added at 08:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

And if we gave with our right and our left did not see wouldn't that bring hell on us?? as per your second post this money is already going to support terrorists...wow and I thought people would wait a second before throwing accusations.

Oh and he did give the Saudi Government gave 50 Million and this thread is about the campaign from the Saudi people. And yes this is a "CAMPAIGN" so naturally there should be a media hype for people to know it is going on....

Assalam alaikum

if there is a national campaign it is better if the known ppl come and donate so an ordinary ppl also get involved. besides it is not a normal situation. after all during earthquake in pakistan many well known ppl would call in and announced how much they have donated i didnot see anyone objecting?

during ghazwa tabook ppl will come in announce how much they were donating and PROPHET PBUH approved it.

Oh , why i m telling this some ppl will always find a way to object

may ALLAH HELP OUR NEEDY BROTHER AMEEEN

TARIQ

The news crew is there for publicity, it helps publicize the event and encourage more donors..as far as identity of donors is concerned, execpt for few rich and famous, most are least known. People playing the "islamic rule" of maintaining anoynomity in donations are just argument trolls since there is no hard written rule towards it or against it. End of the day the purpose is to assist famine hit somalia and that is being well served.

Where is the pro-Iraian crowd of PDF?
lol
this is always good to see such event organized to help.
anyway why you are focusing on "pro Iranian"? why not Iranians? you think Iranians or pro Iranians see saudis as ennemies ?

"Verily never will Allah change the condition of a people until they change it themselves (with their own souls). But when (once) Allah willeth a people's punishment, there can be no turning it back, nor will they find, besides Him any to protect." Surat alr'ad 11

thank you for this post. It is always nice to see Muslims from around the world speak.

I think it is about time, that a formal organization was put in place, which would do every thing that the persians
accuse Muslims of.
We are getting the bad name, so why not ....

True if they really wanted to help they would not have wasted billions on unnecessary weapons.

Instead that money could have been used to feed millions of people around the world.

No wonder the Saudis are keeping the USA jobs afloat with their defence contracts while in return getting nothing but used hardware for thousands of barrels of Black gold every day.

But what can you do when the Clown sheikh and Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques is the leader of the most strictest Arab nation on earth supported by his people unsurprisingly (riyals)

peace

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom