What's new

Khuwaja Asif of PMLN taken to court by PTI.

you should try to avoid saying things you really don't for sure. Even if you can't resist yourself kindly have the decency to add that "i am saying it but i may be wrong"

Anyway additional district and session cannot hear a case of more than 10 crore rupees. The case (i think) has been forwarded to High court.

Two weeks k notice ko 2.5 months ho gaye hain. IK didnt proceed further ( Tall Claims, un-finished jobs, AS EVER). No writ petition filed.
I hope k Admin and Mods are enjoying their "UN-BIASED" status...

Lagta Hay Thum So Rahay Thay...

The news is of 16 November 2012

50362_87715792.jpg

Well any update???
530912_542124579134836_393671516_n.jpg

Yes....

ISLAMABAD, Dec 4: Pakistan Tehrik-i-Insaf (PTI) chairman Imran Khan has filed a damages suit of Rs10 billion against Pakistan Muslim League (PML-N) leader Khawaja Mohammad Asif for leveling allegations against the Shaukat Khanam Memorial Trust (SKMT).

While admitting the plea, Justice Mohammad Anwar Khan Kasi of the Islamabad High Court on Tuesday issued notice to the PML-N leader and directed him to submit his reply in a fortnight.

On November 16, Sikandar Khan, an additional district and sessions judge of Islamabad, had dismissed the PTI chief’s application on the ground that under section 4 of Islamabad High Court Act 2010, the lower court could not hear civil suits worth over Rs100 million.

In the application filed with the IHC, Mr Khan’s counsel Salman Akram Raja and Malik Ghulam Sabir referred to a press conference held by the PML-N leader on August 1, 2012, in which he had alleged that Imran Khan had lost a huge amount in a real estate gamble. He said the amount had been donated to the SKMT in the form of Zakat, Fitrana and other donations.

Mr Asif had also claimed that a total of $4.5 million funds of SKMT were invested abroad. “If the investment was safe, why Mr Khan did not invest his own money in the ventures,” Mr Asif had asked, seeking a reply from Mr Khan.

The PTI chief in his plea submitted to the court contended that Mr Asif had made false statements to damage his reputation within and outside Pakistan.

It said Mr Asif during the press conference had also compared Imran Khan with ‘Double Shah’, a notorious fraudster who deprived thousands of people of their hard-earned savings on the basis of false representations. “Comparing Imran Khan to ‘Double Shah’ is the worst form of defamation,” it contended.

It also attached reports of several transactions made by SKMT and maintained that all these were made by the investment committee of the SKMT board, of which Mr Khan was a member.

It alleged that in order to defame Imran Khan and the SKMT, Mr Asif had spread false information and concealed the facts.

When contacted, Mr Asif said the PTI chief had filed the suit under political compulsions. “I still stand by my words on Mr Khan and am ready to face the litigation.”

He added: “I would produce all the evidence against Mr Khan whenever the court summons me to respond to the plea.”

Imran files damages suit against PML-N leader | DAWN.COM

I m waiting for progress on SC 's decision on Asghar Khan case ...??? ,

Jo shaks apna case (larrna tu baad ke bat) sahi tarah se present b nahi kar sakta (aur bharrkain itni k al-aman) os say tu log ( P(O)TIans ) yai ummeed lagaye bethay ho k international community mai Pakistan ka Muqaddma (war on terror and etc) laray gaa. Pakistan ko "Sahi Track" par laaye gaa... ??? Wake Up Sheep!!! :coffee:

so Boycott Khan aka Tsunami Khan aka Petition Khan aka not-following-up Khan is living up to his name
my question is still what happened to his previous petitions about Altaf in England

@Adeel Faheem
in aqal kay andhoun ko ulta nazar aata hai
Majnoo nazar atee hai laila nazar ata hai

@xyxmt
Progress on Altaf Hussain case is pending because govt of Pak is not accommodating investigating team that has to visit Pakistan. Investigation cannot proceed until they get the go ahead from Pakistan Govt.

Last edited by a moderator:
by the way lucky for Khuwaja Asif that SKMCH has to prove that khuwaja Asif's presser defamed the institution's reputation which directly effected the donations,

the fact however is that khuwaja asif received so much bashing from all segments of the society that donations actually increased by 20% :laugh:

Me and my family started donating Shaukat Khanum after that Khwaja Asif press conference and I know many other people who did it for the first time and now donating regular.

Me and my family started donating Shaukat Khanum after that Khwaja Asif press conference and I know many other people who did it for the first time and now donating regular.

made the right choice my friend... may Allah swt accept your zakt/charity and add barkat to your living... khush raho hamesha !!

Back
Top Bottom