What's new

Khobragade to USA: You have lost a good friend. In return, you got a maid and drunken driver

I have no idea if the number is 10% or less or more. Can you at least post a link to the number it just looks like you are pulling it out of thin air.

Citizens of the "free world" should use google more often. :angel:

massincarceration_20110617_0.jpg

That is proof the rule of law is maintained. The respect for law is among the judicial process, and courts and governing institutions. The rule of law exists when somebody breaks the law, you put them in jail regardless of who they are.
cheerleader!!!
bad-cheerleader_o_660253.jpg

Citizens of the "free world" should use google more often. :angel:

massincarceration_20110617_0.jpg

Can you point out the figure on the page that represents the number for "Did you know that 10% of ALL US citizens are either in Jail or have been to Jail ?" since I couldn't find it on Google and this page doesn't seem to have it either. If you can't find a page you are going to have to admit you made up the number and your credibility is zero.

Last edited:
Can you point out the figure on the page that represents the number for "Did you know that 10% of ALL US citizens are either in Jail or have been to Jail ?" since I couldn't find it on Google and this page doesn't seem to have it either. If you can't find a page you are going to have to admit you made up the number and your credibility is zero.

1 Out Of 32 Americans Under Correctional Supervision

What percentage of Americans have been incarcerated ? 63% of All Americans have been incarcerated

See where China is and where the US is :disagree:

incarceration_rate_oecd_countries.jpg

Do the math, it is easy to figure out that 10% of all Americans had their run in with the law.

There is an article out there that specifically spells it out, I will post it when I have the time.

STUDY: 41% OF AMERICANS HAVE BEEN ARRESTED BY THE TIME THEY’RE 23

ABC News shares the study [URL='http://abcnews.go.com/Health/arrests-increasing-us-youth/story?id=15180222#.UHQ2eBXAdWZ']HERE:

By age 23, up to 41 percent of American adolescents and young adults have been arrested at least once for something other than a minor traffic violation, according to a new study published today in the journal Pediatrics.

The study gives no indication of how many of these young people committed violent crimes versus how many were rounded up for more minor infractions, such as disturbing the peace. But the study’s authors say such a high percentage of arrests may point to a host of potential health and behavioral problems that put young people at risk for criminal activity.

- See more at: http://www.classwarfareexists.com/study-41-of-americans-have-been-arrested-by-the-time-theyre-23/#sthash.uVxHxQCW.dpuf
[/URL]
The U.S. Department of Justice · Office of Justice Programs Bureau of Justice Statistics has the information you are looking for:

Criminal Offenders Statistics

From their summary page:
Lifetime likelihood of going to State or Federal prison "If recent incarceration rates remain unchanged, an estimated 1 of every 15 persons (6.6%) will serve time in a prison during their
lifetime.

Lifetime chances of a person going to prison are higher for
-- men (11.3%) than for women (1.8%)
-- blacks (18.6%) and Hispanics (10%) than for whites (3.4%)

Based on current rates of first incarceration in 1974-2001, an estimated 32% of black males will enter State or Federal prison during their lifetime, compared to 17% of Hispanic males and 5.9% of white males."

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/crimoff.htm#lifetime

Highlights include the following:

At yearend 2001, over 5.6 million U.S. adults had ever served time in State or Federal prison

Of adults in 2001 who had ever served time in prison, nearly as many were black (2,166,000) as were white (2,203,000). An estimated 997,000 were Hispanic.

If incarceration rates remain unchanged, 6.6% of U.S. residents born in 2001 will go to prison at some time during their lifetime.

U.S. residents ages 35 to 39 in 2001 were more likely to have gone to prison (3.8%) than any other age group, up from 2.3% in 1991.

08/03 NCJ 197976
Press release

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/pub/press/piusp01pr.htm
Acrobat file (335K)
http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/pub/pdf/piusp01.pdf
ASCII file (40K)
http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/pub/ascii/piusp01.txt
Spreadsheets (zip format 63K)
http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/pub/sheets/piusp01.zip

About the source data

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/correct.htm#nps
Codebooks & data sets
http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/NACJD/bjs_pubs.html#piusp01

See also
Georgia Special Report

http://www.pap.state.ga.us/LifetimeGaPris.pdf
Hobbling a Generation:Young African American Men in Washington ...
http://66.165.94.98/stories/hobblgen0492.html

Well it's projected to go UP to 6.6% in the FUTURE. Glad you could find it. Not quite that current 10% you were talking about.

Last edited:
Well it's projected to go UP to 6.6% in the future. Glad you could find it. Not quite that current 10% you were talking about.

You are in denial. The data was for 1974-2001.

Just look at how the economic disparity has grown from 2001-2013 and take a closer look at how the rate of incarceration has grown.

Just look at how the economic disparity has grown from 2001-2013 and take a closer look at how the rate of incarceration has grown.

Denial of what? All I was asking you for was to backup YOUR claim that "Did you know that 10% of ALL US citizens are either in Jail or have been to Jail ?"

You STILL can't find a link that backs up your 10% claim. Face the facts "YOU MADE IT UP", Duh!

Last edited:
You convienently ignore US embassy action in India.In your sense even it is US soil ,US embassy treat native Indian maids as
slaves by giving less than 15000rs .It is not a crime.We cant also talk you any further with this ostrich attitude.
Mainly all civil service ,employess in DRDO and ISRO accomodation expense is fulfilled by GOI.
No one here justify DK.Diplomat is also work as consular in UN.So she get that salary.
All I am saying is we cant justify that maid.She humiliated India in other country.IF she stay there and fight for justice ,then I am sure all Indians will support her.But she completely abondoned India and it system.So we cant support her, thats all .

You are an Indian -American.Indian-Americans are really different others like Israel-Americans etc.Israel defend for their own countries action at any cost even in foreign countries.But Indian -Americans has a unique sickness called MATA(MORE AMERICAN THAN AMERICAN).So they can easily humiliated their mother India without any regret.You ignore US embassy treatment of maids in Delhi ,that is a best example for that.

When your question reeks of stupidity, I have to ignore it else I have to start pointing out the ignorance. You did not provide me a link for the salaries paid in US embassy. You pull some s**t out of somewhere and go for a strawman argument.

And ultimately here comes the certificate of patriotism. Get over it dude. You do not represent India just because you and your kinds sit there in India and vote. Your votes count for nothing as your power through votes are trumped by the uneducated rural population. Else we won't be seeing an Italian lady all powerful. Let me repeat it for you. It is the Indian diaspora which is paying for your kinds' gas and gold imports.That way we are more patriotic to our motherland than your kinds. We buy bonds and try to save the economy now and then. And GOI recognizes it and they celebrate Pravasi Bharatiya day on Jan 9th every year. So get over your sense of ownership of the country.

Last edited:
Denial of what? All I was asking you for was to backup YOUR claim that "Did you know that 10% of ALL US citizens are either in Jail or have been to Jail ?"

You STILL can't find a link that backs up your 10% claim. Face the facts "YOU MADE IT UP", Duh!

LOL. That data is too out there. You just have to look for it.

By age 23, up to 41 percent of American adolescents and young adults have been arrested at least once. How many of them go to jail ? Duh!

63% of All Americans have been incarcerated.

When your question reeks of stupidity, I have to ignore it else I have to start pointing out the ignorance. You did not provide me a link for the salaries paid in US embassy. You pull some s**t out of somewhere and go for a strawman argument.

And ultimately here comes the certificate of patriotism. Get over it dude. You do not represent India just because you and your kinds sit there in India and vote. Your votes count for nothing as your power through votes are trumped by the uneducated rural population. Else we won't be seeing an Italian lady all powerful. Let me repeat it for you. It is the Indian diaspora which is paying for your kinds' gas and gold imports.That way we are more patriotic to our motherland than your kinds. We buy bonds and try to save the economy now and then. And GOI recognizes it and they celebrate Pravasi Bharatiya day on Jan 9th every year. So get over your sense of ownership of the country.

Too much talk.Look man My father was also an NRI and works in middle east.Most kerala people work in middle east.
combined about 6 million Indians work in the arab sates and Persian gulf. In this news our PM noted that fact even the subject is different.

PressTV - Indian PM stresses Iran’s nuclear rights in German visit

This Indians contributed majority of part in India's 69 billion remittances.Not from US and west countries .In fact NRI's in west and US cant send their money to India like in middle east ,they need to spend there.

Oh yes you need proof.Ok friend MEA seeks salary details of Indian maids in US embassy .Till now they dont submit it.
In fact US spokesperson agree they paid Indian maids in US embassy as per Indian standards.

Devyani Khobragade row: Salary of embassy staff based upon prevailing local wages, says US | - Anweshanam

If you need more credible source ask me or just google it .
So we dont need your justification of US action. For you patriotism.. is money .We buy this bond.. we buy that bond..pathetic
.If you spend so much money you also get its profit.I dont think NRI pour their hardearn money to save our economy .It always give and take.Am I right?
We dont justify DK action .But we cant simply trust that Sangeeta maid.Reason is simple she is an Indian.I also pointed you the reason in my above post .Dont like to repeat it again.

Sir , In my family there is some NRI work in US.But when criticize India and praise US .i argue them how much I hate it.
For guys like them and you, when leave India and get a green card in US .suddenly India become a bad .All of our system just bad.But I know India and their problems .We are not a developed country and you already know many other reason that India faces.But ask Israelis ,you can see how they defend their countries action even it is grave wrong .
Indian government has so many methods if NRI in US dont buy bond from them.

LOL. That data is too out there. You just have to look for it.

By age 23, up to 41 percent of American adolescents and young adults have been arrested at least once. How many of them go to jail ? Duh!

63% of All Americans have been incarcerated.

Wow you really do want to twist any fact you can to prove you didn't make things up.
First off your quote says once again "Did you know that 10% of ALL US citizens are either in Jail or have been to Jail ?"

You know you made it up so are intentionally sneaking a smoke sceen argument in now by emphasizing the number of people arrested (vs in jail like your quote).

Being arrested has nothing to do with being in Jail. That means they suspect you did something. They could let you go 5 minutes after being at the police station. When there are protests in front of government buildings hundreds of people at a time get arrested. That doesn't mean any went to jail.

That 63% number is completely ludicrous and you know it. Somebody reader from the internet just threw up a number without a reference. We don't have the physical jail space to support numbers anywhere close to that. Even at a few percent our jails would be massively crowded.

Let's say 63% of the 313M population over a 79 year life expectancy serves the average US sentence of 2.9 years in jail.

(313,000,000 * 0.63) / (79/2.9) = 7.2M a year in jail. Not going to happen unless we wall off Manhattan like Escape from New York.

Last edited:
There is nothing to make up. Everything I have said is backed by links. 63% of incarceration probably means they have been arrested at some point in their lives.

Just goes to show the kind of Police state US really is. The facts are staring at your in your face.

This is how Indians treat their maids. It is sickening.

Indian man arrested after 'inserting chillies inside genitals of maid, 11' | Mail Online

Indian napkin dealer arrested after 'inserting chillies inside genitals of maid, 11, and turning up music to drown out her screams'
  • Sarjil Ansari, 38, and his wife Farhat have been arrested in Thane, India
  • Accused of torturing 11-year-old maid by putting chillies in her genitals
  • Girl claims she was forced to eat the peppers if she urinated through fear
  • The Ansari's apparently bought the girl for £150 from her parents
A couple have been arrested in India for allegedly torturing their 11-year-old maid by inserting green chillies into her genitals.

Sarjil Ansari, a 38-year-old napkin seller, was arrested at the weekend along with his wife Farhat, after claims that they beat and starved the girl who was forced to look after their children and clean their house.

According to the girl's complaint she was often forced to eat the chillies if she urinated through fear while being tortured.

article-2538680-00B55BBF1000044C-786_634x413.jpg

A couple have been arrested in Thane, near Mumbai, India, for allegedly torturing their 11-year-old maid by inserting chillies into her genitals

While the abuse was taking place the couple used to turn up their stereo in order to drown out the girl's screams.

A local police officer said: 'They used to regularly torture and beat up the girl. The girl complained that she was forced to eat chillies, which were also applied on her body.

'Often the family would turn up the volume on their home music system to muffle her cries for help.'

Back
Top Bottom