What's new

Khilji, the first Afghan dyansty of Hindostan

Conversion to islam was more beneficial for 2 reasons-
1- You will share the commonality with the rulers(ironically they were invaders and looters).
2- You will get rid of social disparity of caste system.

The high caste rajputs convert for reason 1 and low caste sudras for reason 2. The % of those who convert purely on spiritual ground was very less.

@Nuri Natt you too can read my response and will get answer to your query. If you want to discuss more in civil, please proceed, insults will get you more insults.

Ultimately this is just another argument of why anyone should convert or not. If I were to give a purely 'Islamic answer', then one should have only converted if they truly believed Allah was their lord, the prophet the final messenger and so forth.
Most Muslims do at the end of the day agree withthat forced conversions are useless, petty and do not serve their purpose.

Some people undoubtedly ended up converting for other, personal reasons as well.

Ultimately this is just another argument of why anyone should convert or not. If I were to give a purely 'Islamic answer', then one should have only converted if they truly believed Allah was their lord, the prophet the final messenger and so forth.
Most Muslims do at the end of the day agree withthat forced conversions are useless, petty and do not serve their purpose.

Some people undoubtedly ended up converting for other, personal reasons as well.

Forced conversions did solve the purpose.
U got to be naive to think that majority converted for spiritual reasons

Don't insult Muslims on Muslim forum. Talking about rape when India is statistically rape capital of the world.

:lol: @ your ignorance.

Check out the stats, US is far ahead in rapes than India. And if you calculate rapes per 1000 civilians its far less than even pakistan or may be even turkey.

And when did forums start having religions?

What are you arguing? Vindicating one evil law by stating another evil?

Persecuting for practicing another religion was itself an evil and asking for money for not to do evil is an evil itself. Whats your point?

Why cant state protect the innocent for free?
If its not the state, who else got the power to persecute majority?

Well, the way I see it: you pay me to protect you. At the end of the day there's always some idiot who's ready to go for this 'religious war' because of his beliefs, and in ancient kingdoms and empires you were not truly safe if you were from another race, linguistic or religious group than what the majority were. As I told you it was simply an answer to what was going on at the time, and not a bad one too.

Also, as I mentioned in the same post, Muslims had to pay another tax which minorities were not obliged to; hence the jizya was a good way of making up for that. Even today, you'll be persecuted severely for not paying your taxes.

Well, the way I see it: you pay me to protect you. At the end of the day there's always some idiot who's ready to go for this 'religious war' because of his beliefs, and in ancient kingdoms and empires you were not truly safe if you were from another race, linguistic or religious group than what the majority were. As I told you it was simply an answer to what was going on at the time, and not a bad one too.

Also, as I mentioned in the same post, Muslims had to pay another tax which minorities were not obliged to; hence the jizya was a good way of making up for that. Even today, you'll be persecuted severely for not paying your taxes.

Dude ur logic dosen't make much sense.
But fine,at least u are talking in a civil manner:)

Why shall we expect idealistic behavior from anyone "so called" muslim? All those invaders did atrocities on innocent which no religion endorse leave alone islam, weren't they muslims?

We have more name sake religious guy in every religion, not even 5% follow even the basic traits of it.

You may be right in last of your line, that's why we can see a lot left for conversion.

Forced conversions did solve the purpose.
U got to be naive to think that majority converted for spiritual reasons

What problems did it supposedly solve when the vast majority of India was and is still non-Muslim?

Why shall we expect idealistic behavior from anyone "so called" muslim? All those invaders did atrocities on innocent which no religion endorse leave alone islam, weren't they muslims?

We have more name sake religious guy in every religion, not even 5% follow even the basic traits of it.

You may be right in last of your line, that's why we can see a lot left for conversion.
All religions pretty much suck if u take them seriously

Tip-don't be too religious,better be agnostic or atheist

Well, the way I see it: you pay me to protect you.

Now you are getting of the track.

So shall GoP start asking for jizya since there are a lot nuts out there in pakistan who are ready to kill minorities?

I shall pay to save me from you only? Only a state can persecute, no one else has the authority and if someone do, its a crime and state should persecute them. State should have this much fear in rogue guys.

All religions pretty much suck if u take them seriously

Tip-don't be too religious,better be agnostic or atheist

That's your way of looking. I simply filter out what sucks and absorb what is spiritual.

So shall GoP start asking for jizya since there are a lot nuts out there in pakistan who are ready to kill minorities?

I shall pay to save me from you only? Only a state can persecute, no one else has the authority and if someone do, its a crime and state should persecute them. State should have this much fear in rogue guys.

Told ya

Jizya+sword=conversion

It converted 40 pc of combined indian population and blunted any resistance

Muslims have a higher fertility rate than most non-Muslims in India, even today. It's highly unlike that the percentage at the time of 'conversions' was 40%. Besides, the whole process took centuries upon centuries; it didn't happen one go.

Besides, if the remaining 60% (actual figure was probably much higher) wanted to revolt they could've done it anytime.

Not necessary, there's better ways of doing things today. Today's justice system's weren't exactly 'available' back on those days, you know.

Thats a law of uncivilized world. He is just trying to defend the indefensible.

Au contraire, that was much more civilized than what most empires did back then.

Back
Top Bottom