What's new

Kherson first city of Ukraine Fell to Russian army

Russia setting up military administration in Kherson

Russian troops in strategic Black Sea port city, mayor says​

Russian troops are in the southern Ukranian city of Kherson and have fougth their way into the council building, according to the Ukranian Defence Ministry.
Russian state media, citing defence officials, said Moscow’s troops were in full control of Kherson, setting the stage for an advance toward Odessa, a major prize on the Black Sea Coast.
Kherson, with a population of 250,000 people, is strategically placed where the Dnipro River flows into the Black Sea and could be the first significant city to fall into Kremlin’s hands.
The battle for control of Kherson left bodies strewn about the city streets, power outages, limited water and little food, mayor Igor Kolykhaev said.
Utility workers have tried to fix damaged pipes and downed lines, he said, but have come under fire from snipers.
Kolykhaev said a group of about 10 armed Russian officers, including the commander of forces attacking the city, had entered the city hall and informed him that they planned to set up a military administration.

Reuters, Washington Post, New York Times

This adminstrative set-up will be a template for Kiev and all liberated cities.

That was just for assessing the defences of Ukraine. Now the well trained more loyal army units are fighting.
How are 1000's of vehicles and the hundreds of losses that came with it as well as the massive expenditure of precision munitions 'assessing the defenses'. They underestimated Ukraine massively, but as i said back in my earlier post, the Russian army would adapt and they have. Next cities to watch are Kharkiv and Mariupol, Kharkiv is currently being levelled and i fear the same for other cities as Russians have become frustrated with the lack of progress in taking them and now are resorting to indiscriminate bombardment.

So why start the invasion with conscripts or poorly trained soldiers and pretty clown level use of resources?
Intelligence, with a cost of a fraction of machinery and manpower. Right before Russia brings in the big guns.
Pretty stupid, considering the initial wave was just sent to their slaughter, but they're pushing deep in Ukraine right now.

Anyways, war is illogical in every sense of the word.

I do not think this Ukraine war will ever be seen as a great success for the Russian army. Irrespective people try, The Social media is full of videos of Tanks breaking down with crews sides of roads or just abounded of no fuel hungry soldiers, begging for food from villages or just giving up. Lightly armed men sent deep into Ukraine only to be caught or surrendered to the partisans. and we hardly so any Russian Air Force activities If we to believe USA , Ukrainians have shot down Russian planes and helicopters. And now the coming insurgency is going to expose Russians to even more embarrassment of stingers / javelins.

So why start the invasion with conscripts or poorly trained soldiers and pretty clown level use of resources?
Roman strategy of sending the weak soldiers first to get an idea of your enemy, then later send stronger, smarter, and eventually more experienced ones.

I am also surprised why They still dont have total air dominance over Ukraine.
They have it where it matters. They are driving 40 mile long convoys like a road trip on the highway. Maybe they want to avoid messing with western Ukraine because accidentally attacking a NATO state could be a disaster.

LOL! They said the city fell, but boy are they wrong. Just cause they say it doesn't mean it's true when you look at the whole context.

It's possible many pilots don't want to get involved. Just speculating and don't have any evidence of that.
Here comes the old man with his old farts.
Denying to fight in wartime means a bullet in the head. No mercy specially in a place like Russia.
All the chairforce and Twitter propaganda aside, Russia has done remarkably well, considering the fact that Ukraine is a very large country of over 600,000 sq kms, around half the size of Iran. Russian now controls all of the east and will encircle and wear out Kiev. The Russians have only gotten serious in the past 24 hours. Ukraine has no chance, they will fold.
Yes Ukraine is going to fall for sure. For good,for humanity.

I do not think this Ukraine war will ever be seen as a great success for the Russian army. Irrespective people try, The Social media is full of videos of Tanks breaking down with crews sides of roads or just abounded of no fuel hungry soldiers, begging for food from villages or just giving up. Lightly armed men sent deep into Ukraine only to be caught or surrendered to the partisans. and we hardly so any Russian Air Force activities If we to believe USA , Ukrainians have shot down Russian planes and helicopters. And now the coming insurgency is going to expose Russians to even more embarrassment of stingers / javelins.
Stop that western propaganda.
They don't have the unlimited supply of everything provided by their neo Nazi masters. Just wait for the seige around the cities to happen. With no food to eat and no ammo to fight eventually they will surrender.

I don’t think Russian or Putin were stupid going into the war and not considering that.
Putin seems to want Ukraine to surrender and we know what Russia is capable of they’ve shown how much damage they can do in Syria and Chechnya. They are very much capable to level everything from Kyiv to Belarus and turn Kyiv into Grozny 2.0. However I think Russians are giving Ukraine a chance to surrender before they go Syria on them. We don’t even know the truth about how Russia is performing in Ukraine because Russian media and Twitter accounts are being censored by west.
Even with all its troubles Russia has still made massive gains in Ukraine. For example they essentially took over 70%-80% of all of Ukraine’s reserves of oil and gas essentially securing Russias future because had Ukraine extracted this oil and gas and sold it to Europe via the already existing oil and gas infrastructure, it would be a massive blow to Russian economy. Russians also basically control 29% of the worlds supply of wheat now as Ukraine alone produced about a quarter of the words we wheat. On top of that Russia has ensured Ukraine will never join nato and has cut off Ukraine from Sea of Azov while strengthening its control over Crimea which is strategic because it has a deep water warm water port which can operate year round and controlling Crimea mean Russia can’t be blockaded and stopped from exiting Sea of Azov. Russia captured Crimea in 2014 however Ukrainians had built a dam on a soviet era canal that supplied fresh water to Crimea making it waterless. Crimea last year suffered a massive drought due to this. Russian gains already have secured that dam and secured water for Crimea. Russia also is getting the much needed strategic dept it wanted and will likely capture all of Ukraine’s cost soon and go all the way to Transnistria. Blocking most of Russias banks from SWIFT will make them switch to Chinese and Russian equivalent of it which Chinese and Russians were looking to do for a while now but had no reason to do, now they have a reason. Russians also captured the largest nuclear energy reactor in Europe today and have captured ma hot industrial cities in Ukraine which will be a major boost to Russian economy. Russians were stockpiling on gold and yuan for years for a reason they likely calculated all this and prepared for it.
Russia will soon make Europe pay using Russian/Chinese equivalent of swift for wheat, oil and gas making it a bigger power in the world then it is.
As for Russians losses so far they can easily be covered by China or Russian businessmen.

Putin and Russia been preparing for this movement for years and have completely planned fro every scenario.

Here comes the old man with his old farts.
Yes you can mock me all you want. Already had argument with posters who said Ukraine won't resist and will fall easily, or Russia doesn't have logistics problems when I pointed out that they will on the first day of the war...

From what I'm reading on twitter and its speculation for now, but Russia is bringing in Russian migrants in Kherson to make under the belief that the population of the city are going to welcome the Russian military as liberators. So its going to be a nice show.

The use of airforce by Russia was pretty much average. They purposefully did it to minimize the collateral damage or what is surprising for many.
they lack precision guided munitions of the same quality of the USAF

Yes you can mock me all you want. Already had argument with posters who said Ukraine won't resist and will fall easily, or Russia doesn't have logistics problems when I pointed out that they will on the first day of the war...
Ofcourse no war is a piece of cake. If your Ukrainian army is that good then tell me so far how much land Russia has lost vs how much Ukraine has lost.

From what I'm reading on twitter and its speculation for now, but Russia is bringing in Russian migrants in Kherson to make under the belief that the population of the city are going to welcome the Russian military as liberators. So its going to be a nice show.
now , Twitter become source of truth , and Twitter already blocked all official Russian medias ...

we have a verb in Persian : "They asked from a fox ' who your witness is ? ' , he said : ' my tail ' "

Back
Top Bottom