What's new

Khap panchayats have 'cultural' purpose, no need to ban them, Arvind Kejriwal says

Such odd and weird statements coming out of him

I think these Khaps fit nicely into his vision of Gram Sabhas and Panchayats managing every aspect of village life. Jo samasya apni Gaon mein hal ho sakti hai, us ke liye High Court tak kise jana hai? :lol:

Hardly. The members are unelected, and not like Panchayats of mallu land where members and presidents are picked up by vote (can't believe I'm actually saying something nice about them)

Hardly. The members are unelected, and not like Panchayats of mallu land where members and presidents are picked up by vote (can't believe I'm actually saying something nice about them)

You actually said something nice about mallus.

what has the world come to?

True. Police cannot solve everything. There are lots of stories of Panchayats helping in solving animosities btw different castes people, helping people etc.
However I strictly believe, criminal and civil cases must not be touched by them, especially marriages.

there is a precise reason why people turn to these organisations. Because the actual legal system is clogged. And then you have a poor policeman to people ratio in the rural areas.

The judiciary and the executive are ineffectual.

Last edited:
Oh wow may be he should have kept his mouth shut. No there is no doubt of him being a tard

Oh wow may be he should have kept his mouth shut. No there is no doubt of him being a tard

You are a Jat amirite?

Have you heard of these Khaps?

I still have no idea how they are organised and to what extent their writ extends

@ranjeet

You are a Jat amirite?

Have you heard of these Khaps?

I still have no idea how they are organised and to what extent their writ extends

@ranjeet

yea and there used to be a panchayat in my village was well. The village doesnt exist any more and neither does the panchayat lol. Although being in Delhi we didnt really need it. It was there just cuz of tradition it had no power what so ever. Every one used courts for legal matter. It is in poor far flung areas of India where you do not even have electricity even to this day. There couldnt be cops or courts over there. And so these khaps etc. have their traditional backward way of justice

You actually said something nice about mallus.

what has the world come to?

there is a precise reason why people turn to these organisations. Because the actual legal system is clogged. And then you have a poor policeman to people ratio in the rural areas.

The judiciary and the executive are ineffectual.

People do not know things. To be honest, there are problems between 2 lands, for a canal. If this case goes to court on who to share the water in some some canals, it will take years, and honestly people do not know any other things. Lots of petty issues are solved amicably by them. I cannot imagine small small cases clogging courts and people awaiting justice for eternity.

How on earth in any democratic society one can have these Honor Killings and Rapes.
This defies all foundations of democratic society. Where is Freedom, where is justice , where is equity and representation of the victims. I have no problem if they work for benefit of the society , even if it is for one particular community. But who will address these killings and savage behavior.

What do you mean by our part of world , they bring shame to all of us . If Khap really wish to work for greater good then its high time they must stop this shit or sooner or later people and gov will have to intervene .
Why on earth you want to keep burring your head in the sand. For your egoistic approach, I live in the region. Along with other people in the region I also support Khaps. I also have family with sisters and we still support them. If there is any changes to make in the structure of khaps then we will decide it. No govt or courts shall be allowed to do it. Your comments on OUR khaps are not required.
Do read @ranjeet 's post # 35 for better clarification.

Again. If you are not aware of working of khaps do not beat drums. Khaps are democratic organizations. For your reference here is quote from wikipedia
One of the terms used to denote the republic was the 'Khap'. Others were Pal, Janapada, and Ganasangha etc. The Khap consisted a unit of 84 villages. The individual villages were governed by an elected Council, which was known as the Panchayat. A unit of seven villages was called a Thamba and 12 Thambas would form the unit of 84 villages, though Khaps of 12 and 24 villages existed. Their elected leaders would determine which units would be represented at the Khap level. These Khaps are found to be spread all the way from Northwest India down to Madhya Pradesh, Malwa, Rajasthan, Sindh, Multan, Punjab, Haryana, and modern Uttar Pradesh. ............... The region from Western Uttar Pradesh through Agra, Mathura, to the Sutlej River in the Punjab was known as Haryana, dominated by Jats and Gurjars. The influence of the Sarv Khap extended to the Malwa province in Central India, Rajasthan and Sindh. Its boundaries also varied widely throughout history.[6]
Khap - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

kejriwal can do anything for votes as Khap have good hold in Haryana he is doing everything to please them.

Say no to anarchist or Feku.

kejriwal can do anything for votes as Khap have good hold in Haryana he is doing everything to please them.

Say no to anarchist or Feku.

You have convinced me to vote for Rahul Gandhi now. :agree:
upload_2014-2-3_16-8-19.jpeg

Vote for Congress

Khap will stay here forever for Jats period....

who need kejriwals to support khap?
kisi sarkar main itna gurda nahi ki khap rok de... jaat shakti dekhi nahi abhi internet bacchon ne...lol

Back
Top Bottom