What's new

Khap panchayats have 'cultural' purpose, no need to ban them, Arvind Kejriwal says

You can go and live in Uganda. Anyways you have no right to speak anything regarding my community panchayats.

In the rural areas of UP and Haryana. Khap panchayats acts as law enforcing authorities. Govt need to cooperate with them in those areas. they usually give direction to society (especially jaat comunity) and have done such things which even govt was not able to do yet. such as limitation of dowery system, limitation of money spending in festivities and marriages. They are very active in solving socio-economic issues between two or more gotras or villages.

You might be found it strange during recent riots even army was not sent to most of rural areas and was confined to mainly urban areas.
true. The Panchayat system exists as a village level government. It is very efficient system, I would say even more than the government system which has largely failed the common man of India. When family and property disputes are taken to the Panchayat it is solved immediately, but if takne to the courts it takes years and years. I think it is largely the urban media which has demonized the Panchayat sytem, especially that stupid movie called "khap".

Even during the previous centuries when the Mughals would mistreat the peasants, it was the Panchayats all over north India which led resistance against them. People who criticize Panchayats don't understand what role the Panchayats have played over the centuries.

You can go and live in Uganda. Anyways you have no right to speak anything regarding my community panchayats.

In the rural areas of UP and Haryana. Khap panchayats acts as law enforcing authorities. Govt need to cooperate with them in those areas. they usually give direction to society (especially jaat comunity) and have done such things which even govt was not able to do yet. such as limitation of dowery system, limitation of money spending in festivities and marriages. They are very active in solving socio-economic issues between two or more gotras or villages.

You might be found it strange during recent riots even army was not sent to most of rural areas and was confined to mainly urban areas.

Cool sorry then it's just that the mainstream particularly English language media always tends to portray them as just some old aged uneducated, uncivilized morons with medieval era mentality that's why we urban people have these kinds of misconception about them

true. The Panchayat system exists as a village level government. It is very efficient system, I would say even more than the government system which has largely failed the common man of India. When family and property disputes are taken to the Panchayat it is solved immediately, but if takne to the courts it takes years and years. I think it is largely the urban media which has demonized the Panchayat sytem, especially that stupid movie called "khap".

Even during the previous centuries when the Mughals would mistreat the peasants, it was the Panchayats all over north India which led resistance against them. People who criticize Panchayats don't understand what role the Panchayats have played over the centuries.
Exactly...
I pity on the senses of other Indians that they merely go by illogical logics of english media with out knowing what is happening on the ground

Cool sorry then it's just that the mainstream particularly English language media always tends to portray them as just some old aged uneducated, uncivilized morons with medieval era mentality that's why we urban people have these kinds of misconception about them
yes, you are more closer to realities with these lines

Yes India is democracy and it would not be democratic without support of khap panchayats. Khap panchayats are themselves democratic organizations. Its not people like me who make India worse. Its people like you make India worse who stars thumping on issue to which you dont know to the core. This is our part of the world and we would not like anyone to intervene in it.

How on earth in any democratic society one can have these Honor Killings and Rapes.

This defies all foundations of democratic society. Where is Freedom, where is justice , where is equity and representation of the victims. I have no problem if they work for benefit of the society , even if it is for one particular community. But who will address these killings and savage behavior.

What do you mean by our part of world , they bring shame to all of us . If Khap really wish to work for greater good then its high time they must stop this shit or sooner or later people and gov will have to intervene .

Khaps have a huge positive impact on societal structure.
CH.naresh+tikait+jasoi+khap+panchayat+copy.jpg

I looked at the photo of the Khap Panchayat and thought, damn what a sausage fest.

I don't care either way if Haryana has it.

Keep this Malignant virus of extra judicial bigotry from other states. It's not like we already have a problem with judicial and executive bodies being castrated.

No idea on Khap Panchayats in N India. But in TN, these Panchayats, do solve inter village problems, and help solve some social cases..!
But they do not involve themselves in civil and criminal cases..!
Panchayats should be allowed to solve petty things, but criminal cases should be referred to police.!

No idea on Khap Panchayats in N India. But in TN, these Panchayats, do solve inter village problems, and help solve some social cases..!
But they do not involve themselves in civil and criminal cases..!
Panchayats should be allowed to solve petty things, but criminal cases should be referred to police.!
Khaps does the same here, what they need to do is adopt a more tolerant and a bit liberal view regarding marriages.

English educated moronic Indians lap up all propaganda by the English media. According to them with just 11,000 police thanas, the police is supposed to govern 1.2 billion Indians. Indians hardly go to the courts, the few who go there wait decades for a verdict, and our English educated laloos believe our courts will solve everything.

Last edited:
English educated moronic Indians lap up all propaganda by the English media. According to them with just 11,000 police thanas, the police is supposed to govern 1.2 billion Indians. Indians hardly go to the courts, the few who go there wait decades for a verdict, and our English educated laloos believe our courts will solve everything.

True. Police cannot solve everything. There are lots of stories of Panchayats helping in solving animosities btw different castes people, helping people etc.
However I strictly believe, criminal and civil cases must not be touched by them, especially marriages.

Back
Top Bottom