What's new

KF-X Fighter: Korea’s Future Homegrown Jet

Good question this is what I will also like to know

No weapons bay, no zig-saw treatment of panels on the aircraft skin, and what appears to be exposed spherical IRST (I could be wrong about that). On the other hand the F-414s are way superior to equivalent engines fielded by PLAAF.

No weapons bay, no zig-saw treatment of panels on the aircraft skin, and what appears to be exposed spherical IRST (I could be wrong about that). On the other hand the F-414s are way superior to equivalent engines fielded by PLAAF.

Weapon bay for block 2, no need to redesigned, it has been designed with weapon bay in mind

I’m only comparing with block 1.

Block 1 and Block 2 KFX has its own advantages and disadvantage, it will depend on the mission. Block 1 has much better range than block 2 which is needed for large countries like Indonesia. Not only due to 2 additional fuel tanks, but the room intended for weapon bay might be used for fuel tank as well in block 1.

Block 1 also still be able to be quite Stealthy with 4 missiles in its belly. It is semi weapon bay.

1615466626163.png

Block 1 and Block 2 KFX has its own advantages and disadvantage, it will depend on the mission. Block 1 has much better range than block 2 which is needed for large countries like Indonesia. Not only due to 2 additional fuel tanks, but the room intended for weapon bay might be used for fuel tank as well in block 1.

Block 1 also still be able to be quite Stealthy with 4 missiles in its belly. It is semi weapon bay.

View attachment 724099

Will there be stealth coating?

DSI is appealing to the eye. Also more aerodynamic, lighter weight, no servicing required.

Later we will be able to compare its flight performance like range and speeds with J 31 inshaAllah.

Later we will be able to compare its flight performance like range and speeds with J 31 inshaAllah.

J-10, F-35, J-31, J-20, JF-17 all use DSI. It is new technology. Completely different from traditional intake design. Think quantum computer compared to digital computer.

Well KFX prototype has not even developed and flown while FC-31 prototype 1 was first flying in public 8 years ago.

Different priority project because China didn't care about FC-31 for airforce until navy carrier development started getting to maturity and need 5th generation fighter which J-20 is too big for.

Everything else is mystery for both KFX and J-35 because J-35 is now PLAN project and KFX has not even reached prototype but it is very impressive fighter program and looks like it is basically going to be Korean F-22 in between F-35.

J-10, F-35, J-31, J-20, JF-17 all use DSI. It is new technology. Completely different from traditional intake design. Think quantum computer compared to digital computer.

If it is so important so why F15 EX doesnt use a bump in their intake

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom