What's new

Kerala Government to push for "Right to Health Act". ( India )

Mech

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
State planning Right to Health Act

Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said the Right to Health Act would be the next milestone of his government.

Oommen.jpg

In an exclusive interview to The Hindu in connection with the first anniversary of his government, Mr. Chandy said he had pushed for the Right to Health Act at the recent Chief Ministers' conference convened by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and at the extended All India Congress Committee meeting.

Mr. Chandy said modern medical treatment facilities were available in the country and in the State. But large sections of society could not afford the high cost of medical treatment. It was therefore imperative to ensure availability of treatment facilities for all sections. The proposal for a Right to Health Act, similar to the Right to Education Act, was in tune with the United Democratic Front (UDF) government's slogan of ‘Development and Care', he said.

With regard to the Right to Service Act, Mr. Chandy said the draft bill was getting ready and the government would soon bring in legislation, besides holding discussions with stakeholders. All through the interview, Mr. Chandy indicated that he preferred to be forward-looking by presenting an administration that had a clear agenda with regard to development of the State.

Irrelevant numbers

The last one year had its ups and downs, but the most satisfying part was that his government had proved that a slender majority was not a stumbling block for an efficient administration. “There was apprehensions about the stability of our government. We have proved that numbers are irrelevant and the constraints of a slender majority can be overcome by political will. No one has any doubts about the UDF government's stability”.

The UDF government's style of functioning, which emphasised on transparency and discussions on contentious issues, had succeeded in triggering a change in the mindset of the people, he said. Listing the development projects and welfare schemes, Mr. Chandy said the government was gearing up for the ‘Emerging Kerala' conference and the preparation of Vision 2030, both of which would lay the development road map that goes beyond the customary five years of a Ministry's term in office.

Indicating that he preferred to leave behind the controversy created by the induction of the Indian Union Muslim League's fifth Minister in his team, Mr. Chandy, while admitting to differences of opinion between the IUML and the Congress on the issue, maintained that he held the view that there was neither any excessive demand from any section nor was there any denial of entitlements due to any other. “We not only resolved the issue through consultations, but successfully wrapped up the sharing of the two Rajya Sabha seats”, he said.

On investigations in the T.P. Chandrasekharan murder case, Mr. Chandy said the law would take its own course. He, however, said it was high time political violence was brought to an end for the larger development of the State.

Asked about the failure of local bodies to deliver development schemes, Mr. Chandy said local bodies faced several constraints. “One major problem was that the local bodies do not have the powers over the employees. We are trying to sort out this issue. The second problem is with regard to freedom to utilise funds,” he said. The shift to five-year planning would go a long way in helping the local bodies to implement Plan schemes efficiently. The technical committees had been disbanded to ensure higher utilisation of funds. Norms for the implementation of Central schemes had either been amended or were in the process of being changed. This would ensure better performance, he said.

The Hindu : Today's Paper / NATIONAL : State planning Right to Health Act

Judging from what is happening to the NRHM (National Rural Health Mission) funds this could be just another opportunity to loot.

What is needed is systemic change on the lines of what Anna Hazare wants.

I have my reservations about the effectiveness of Hazare's tactics however.

I got this from someones siggy in skyscraper city. is this true?
Backwaters everywhere!
Skyscrapers everywhere!
Shopping everywhere!

Literacy: 97.5%
100% Electrified
Western Health Standards
Sex Ratio: 1028
Speak Malayalam, English, Hindi, Tamil - You will get an answer!
Christian, Hindu, Muslim, Jain, Sikh, Jew, Budh - all are here
Football more popular than Cricket

Yes, you are in INDIA, YOU ARE IN COCHIN

Kochi / Cochin: The Rising Metro

I got this from someones siggy in skyscraper city. is this true?

yaa true..i agree with that....
Every state in India is unique in its own way......
Since it got a major sea port back in the days exposure to outside world happened quickly...
People of kerala became globalized much before than other parts of india...
Statistics show that 1/4th of the revenue of kerala comes from NRI mallus...
But i would say both cricket and football are popular in Kerala...
It changes from region to region in kerala...
Cochin is changing but slowly because of the policy paralysis as usual as any other government in India....
All religions are there...true.. and people are tolerant towards all religion....
Literacy is high perhaps the best in India...
Has the best sex ration in India...Language barrier no problem...
U can use English, Hindi , Malayalam, Tamil.....
And by the way im from Kerala....:drag:

By the way let me comment on the current topic....
As a citizen the government of the state is responsible for the welfare of its people..
The government should provide education, health care , food and shelter for all its people..
The kerala government is quiet successful in doing that regardless congress or the communist in power...
Things has to be improved of course in every sector...
Kerala has got the best helathcare and medical facility in the whole India...
Im saying this because i come from a medical backgorund...
But the problem with the multi speciality hospitals and all in kerala is that its very expensive....
Ordinary people getting complicated health problem will often result in loosing life and money...
This has to be changed...The new health reforms put forward by the government sounds good...
But as ordinary citizen i fear for the corruption and future misuse of funds...

With the current administration...the previously dilapidated government hospitals are now being revamped. I guess the media also deserves our gratitude for bringing the thorny issues into public attention.

Chalo dekhte haii ye ***** Kataa haii bhi sirf Bhook ta haii... BTW Muslim league increased there cabinet births ... Chandy is like a Rand** for them...

Chalo dekhte haii ye ***** Kataa haii bhi sirf Bhook ta haii... BTW Muslim league increased there
cabinet births ... Chandy is like a Rand** for them...

Really ? Which hole did you crawl out from ? How did you enjoy the 4 years of misrule by the communist government ? The current administration is far better than anything we have seen recently. I understand your pro-BJP leaning. But you have take into account that the general population of are not pro RSS and actually pay attention to the news instead of letting the party form their opinion ( you are the exception ). About the new muslim league minister. The guy is working overtime ! He is pushing reforms for waste disposal and general infrastructure development like there is no tomorrow !.

Learn to appreciate the good things you have. I am not saying its perfect or that congress/UDF is the greatest ever. I am simply being appreciative of the great initiatives they started taking.

Chalo dekhte haii ye ***** Kataa haii bhi sirf Bhook ta haii... BTW Muslim league increased there cabinet births ... Chandy is like a Rand** for them...

With Onchium Murder and By Elections in Neyattinkara, its all but forgotten..but come rainy season the new minister Ali will 'roast' as rubbish removal is at a standstill in all major cities including capital.

With Onchium Murder and By Elections in Neyattinkara, its all but forgotten..but come rainy season the new minister Ali will 'roast' as rubbish removal is at a standstill in all major cities including capital.

He is doing all he can. Although, i dont agree with IUML pressure tactics.

He is doing all he can. Although, i dont agree with IUML pressure tactics.

I don't see any. He cannot even convince the Villapilsala Panchayat to open the waste disposal plant even after the SC verdict in TVM Corporation's favor. Come rainy season the rubbish problem will intensify and is a powder keg waiting to explode. God save the Kerala cities.Hope they stock enough medicines.

For a change the last LDF and the present UDF are going well on reforming the place.

Some new projects have been announced like the metro rail for Kochi, monorails for Trivandrum and Calicut.
Also a Life science park , first of its kind is coming up in Tvm. It will have international companies in the field of Biotechnology, Biosciences and Nano technology. Pretty much excited about it since i have set my eyes on a 40 cents land opposite and near to the life sciences park in Thonnakal in NH47.

With Vizhinjam International Deepwater Multipurpose Seaport, Supplementary Gas Infrastructure Project, High Speed Rail Corridor Project, Kochi - Palakkad NIMZ,Ocenarium ,Electronic Hub at Kochi and many more, the future looks great for the state as an economic hub.

I don't see any. He cannot even convince the Villapilsala Panchayat to open the waste disposal plant even after the SC verdict in TVM Corporation's favor. Come rainy season the rubbish problem will intensify and is a powder keg waiting to explode. God save the Kerala cities.Hope they stock enough medicines.

Nobody can convince people of vilapinshala. They have had enough. It is some 7-8 kms from my place .

Other options have been looked into but the mayor of city corporation is messing up stuff.. the project of managing waste at the place of original by pipe compost is yet to start up big. Only good thing coming is some small plants.

I think, this rainy season there will be a total ecological disaster in city if something is not done.

At present they are digging places and putting rubbish in it.

i think RAJAGOPAL has a Good Chance this time around...

Really ? Which hole did you crawl out from ? How did you enjoy the 4 years of misrule by the communist government ? The current administration is far better than anything we have seen recently. I understand your pro-BJP leaning. But you have take into account that the general population of are not pro RSS and actually pay attention to the news instead of letting the party form their opinion ( you are the exception ). About the new muslim league minister. The guy is working overtime ! He is pushing reforms for waste disposal and general infrastructure development like there is no tomorrow !.

Learn to appreciate the good things you have. I am not saying its perfect or that congress/UDF is the greatest ever. I am simply being appreciative of the great initiatives they started taking.
OK Congress Kara... Jai Sonia Madam...

I don't believe its govt duty to provide anything free to its masses. It'll only bankrupt nation, stifle investments for much needed infrastructure projects. Govt duty is to enable not provide anything. They should much rather work on providing employment than gifting the people.

Backwaters everywhere!
Skyscrapers everywhere!
Shopping everywhere!

Literacy: 97.5%
100% Electrified
Western Health Standards
Sex Ratio: 1028
Speak Malayalam, English, Hindi, Tamil - You will get an answer!
Christian, Hindu, Muslim, Jain, Sikh, Jew, Budh - all are here
Football more popular than Cricket

Yes, you are in INDIA, YOU ARE IN COCHIN

Kochi / Cochin: The Rising Metro

Number two position in Investment Climax Index.
First and only International Container Transshipment Terminal.
3 international airports with the fourth one taking wings for such a small state.
India’s only spot where both submarine cables SEA-ME-WE3 and SAFE land.
The only full-fledged Marina in India.
Highest density of science and technology personnel in India.
With a coastline of nearly 590 km, it has a major port at Kochi and 16 smaller ports along the coast
Rail and road connectivity is one of the best in India.
Technopark – the first of its kind in the country.
Also home to the second LNG regassification terminal.
Physical Quality of life index comparable to Europe.
Liquor obsessed people that can shame Germany/Russia.LOL.
98% panchayats having Broadband connections..:cheesy:

etc etc

i think RAJAGOPAL has a Good Chance this time around...

OK Congress Kara... Jai Sonia Madam...

It would be nice if he wins.

I personally knows Rajagopal ( he lives in an apartment in jawahar nagar , same place where i have an establishment running) and been telling all friends if they have any family or relative members in that constituency to vote for him.

Keralathil thaamara viriyende samayam athikramichu machu....

Back
Top Bottom