What's new

Kerala Corner

This is Kerala corner bro. They are too communist for me hehe :P I have not been much to Kerala anyway....though my Tamil is very Malayalam influenced since I am from Coimbatore which is in border area.

I had no idea :P

the only keralites i interacted with were in gulf and they made a grocery store on every corner of the big streets.

I had no idea :P

the only keralites i interacted with were in gulf and they made a grocery store on every corner of the big streets.

Yah they change a lot when they leave Kerala hehe.

The mallu folks here in this forum I get along with quite well for the most part. In fact I use the stereotypes to tease them a bit....mostly stuff I have got from my parents (who have longer association with working with keralites in India itself).

I have no real definitive deep rooted stereotypes of mallus (esp outside India). I have not met that many....the ones I have are nice folk I find.

Yah they change a lot when they leave Kerala hehe.

The mallu folks here in this forum I get along with quite well for the most part. In fact I use the stereotypes to tease them a bit....mostly stuff I have got from my parents (who have longer association with working with keralites in India itself).

I have no real definitive deep rooted stereotypes of mallus (esp outside India). I have not met that many....the ones I have are nice folk I find.

I dont know much about their food but i think Kerala is a beautiful place.

try going there when u have vacations. its at a distance from BD too :P

check this

transporting-elephant-in-Kerala.jpg

I dont know much about their food but i think Kerala is a beautiful place.

try going there when u have vacations. its at a distance from BD too :P

check this

View attachment 337521

I have been a few times lol (just not that much). Actually both sides of my family have ancestry from there originally.

Also dont base what I say to BD defence crowd as my overall take on BD. I have lot of BD friends in real life haha....they are nothing like the people on this forum generally speaking. I dont think I have found such a contrast for any country before or since like that.

I have been a few times lol (just not that much). Actually both sides of my family have ancestry from there originally.

Also dont base what I say to BD defence crowd as my overall take on BD. I have lot of BD friends in real life haha....they are nothing like the people on this forum generally speaking. I dont think I have found such a contrast for any country before or since like that.

u cant forget the BD's can you :P ? we are talking about Kerala here :-)

BD's have made a permanent place in your head.

u cant forget the BD's can you :P ? we are talking about Kerala here :-)

BD's have made a permanent place in your head.

Well you brought it up saying BD is far away :P

What is this!! Is he REALLY trying to push his little mate up? :o: Only possible in Kerala.:p:

I dont think that truck is going to survive heh.

hahahahaha :D and you needed a petty reason to bounce back on it.

U speak keralite language then?

Speak? Not really. Read? With much difficulty. Understand?....generally quite easily. They can also generally understand Tamil quite well. Can talk and reply and carry a conversation....we even know which words the other will probably understand easily esp if you are from border area.

Its not as close as Hindi and Urdu but maybe like say as different of Punjabi dialect as you can find level of difference.

Very formal register is a bit hard for me to follow sometimes....but I have trouble with even Tamil for that sometimes. I am also not so good when english is used to write the spoken language. Easier for me to hear directly and understand.

Tamil and Malayalam are the last of the dravidian languages to officially split form each other....so its no coincidence they are quite similar in many ways.

Keralite (Chera) kings are well known in my part of Tamil Nadu (western)....one built a great temple just opposite to where my mom was born.

They serve it on a leaf? wow and no didn't knew about it but this looks good

Should be able to find it in a mallu run eatery in KSA if you are there.

It may not be the grand feast level of options, and may or may not have the banana leaf....but you will have many of the main components served at least I think. The leaf adds a special flavour to the meal it must be said.

@Levina what is the prevalence of such in overall indian eateries in gulf areas?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom