What's new

Kerala Corner

That voice Madam ,Child voice .It is mesmerizing.
I couldnt see that film

Its a film about Paedophilia in kerala.

That is what the song mean. "breeze silently touched the plant and stolen 2 days old bud And dumped in the darkness " represents the child who is raped, destroyed and killed.

Now that you know, don't enjoy that song too much.

Its a film about Paedophilia in kerala.

That is what the song mean. "breeze silently touched the plant and stolen 2 days old bud And dumped in the darkness " represents the child who is raped, destroyed and killed.

Now that you know, don't enjoy that song too much.

Agreed .

Sabarimalayil sthreekaklkku pravesanam venemennu paranju nalla vivadhamanllo .Times nowilokke
angu takarppan debate annu .
Ividuthe sakhakkalude abhiprayam enthayirikkum?
@nair @Levina @SpArK @kurup @acetophenol @mooppan @Marxist @Iggy and others

Veliyil iruna pambine eduthu tholathu veykarutharnu , at the first place.
Sthreekale sabarimalayil kayatiyal athe swathanthriyam muslim and christian palikaludem karyathil kanikendi varum, mathangale muzhuvan odachu vaarkendi varum. Better to keep status quo in my opinion.

Veliyil iruna pambine eduthu tholathu veykarutharnu , at the first place.
Sthreekale sabarimalayil kayatiyal athe swathanthriyam muslim and christian palikaludem karyathil kanikendi varum, mathangale muzhuvan odachu vaarkendi varum. Better to keep status quo in my opinion.

Absolutely .athinde koode veroru prasnavum unde .Sthreekal ulpade etra laksham peranu oru mandalakalathu sabarimala kayarunnathu .Athum kattupradesavum .
Appol cheruppakarikale koodi kayattande kuraveullu .securitikku vendi etra koodikal nammmudse govt sarkaar treasuryil ninnu edukkendi varum .

Etho oru punjabi ladyaanu ethinu vendi etrayum public propaganda aarabhichathu.Mikkavarum north indians .Avarrku etraperkku ividuthe aacharam ariyam.

Sabarimalayil sthreekaklkku pravesanam venemennu paranju nalla vivadhamanllo .Times nowilokke
angu takarppan debate annu .
Ividuthe sakhakkalude abhiprayam enthayirikkum?
@nair @Levina @SpArK @kurup @acetophenol @mooppan @Marxist @Iggy and others
I am against it.
I don't see the need to change the existing rules.
Ayappa swamy oru bachelor Anu, adu Karnam purushanmaaru avide pookunnu. Pandu ee temple-inde chuttum, koddum kaad/thick forest aayirinnu. Avide sthreekal pokunnadu dangerous aayirinnu- iddum aavvaam avide sthreekalkku praveshnam nishedikuvaan ulla kaarnam.
I guess in my family(maternal and paternal) not many support such changes.
I still wear settu-mundu when I visit guruvayoor temple, ladies in my family are very particular about not wearing colourful sarees or the chudidar suits to guruvayoor. And the same rule applies to our Tharvadu temple too.
As a child/teenager I used to wear the typical kerala pavadas to this temple. :-)
Suddenly I feel so nostalgic. Hehe

Last edited:
I am against it.
Ayappa swamy oru bachelor Anu, adu Karnam purushanmaaru avide pookunnu. Pandu ee temple-inde chuttum, koddum kaad/thick forest aayirinnu. Avide sthreekal pokunnadu dangerous aayirinnu- iddum aavvaam avide sthreekalkku praveshnam nishedikuvaan ulla kaarnam.
I still wear settu-mundu when I visit guruvayoor temple, ladies in my family are very particular about not wearing colourful sarees or the chudidar suits to guruvayoor. As a child/teenager I used to wear the typical kerala pavadas to this temple. :-)

A Face book post written by some lady.....

I am a Hindu Woman from Kerala and I don't want to go to Sabarimala....You will find hundreds of thousands of us in Kerala and elsewhere...highly educated, professionals, writers etc who will agree with me.....Why?Because...Kerala Hindu women have Temples and festivals exclusively for themselves...ours was a Matriarchal society where only the women inherited. We have a Temple where once a year the Preists there will wash the feet of every woman devotee who comes there because a woman is the representation of the Godess....we have a Temple in MAnnarashala where the Priests are exclusively women, We have Thiruvathira.......which is an exclusively women's festival...no men allowed in the vicinity...we have Pongala a pooja where lakhs and lakhs of women take part....in Trivandrum.....since the Temple cannot hold all these vast numbers...Trivandrum literally shuts down and it's streets are full of women...yes exclusively women........

Contrary to that ....Sabarimala....is the one place in Kerala which is exclusively for men.... This is where our men go together...it's a male bonding... Thing.. Fathers and sons, brothers,uncles, grandfathers all the male members in a family or community or friends...The whole community irrespective of caste, wealth, creed joins in....including the women...Yes...many of us keep fast with the men in our family.

These forty days are a source of great joy and peace for us.....in many homes....it is the only time of the year when men don't drink.....no non-veg food, every one gets up very early in the morning around 4:00 a.m, bathe, do your pooja....visit the nearest Temple......the family gets together....it brings family members in together......

Our men don't do this bonding by drinking, drugs or whoring
Instead it is through 40 days of detox... Every one is in it.. The women as well.

There is peace in society cos many alcoholics are detoxing... There is a bond not only in the family but in the community.You go for bhajans in the evening....again the family goes together. The community gets together.....very important in this day and age when everyone is working especially in Kerala.

After 40 days the men go to Sabarimala, sometimes taking their aged mothers with them and maybe the older children including gals who haven't yet menstruated..

The women have the home to themselves... 3 days or until the men come back to do as they please. What do they call this is modern terms.....? Yes.... men having their own space and women their own space and time out ...Well....we have been doing this for a long time....keeping our cultural ethos and values in mind while doing so..."

40 days the men go to Sabarimala, sometimes taking their aged mothers
Fasting strictly for 40 days that's another issue that women face- the reason why only ladies above 50 go to the temple.

Yeah more than 30days of fasting.
That's where the issue lies.

Ithonnum ividathe kodathilkalil oru issue alla.... Avar nokkunnathu constitutional rights mathram anu....... In that case no logic could justify the current scenario...... Pakshe ellam constitutioniloode mathram nokkan pattillallo.....

I am against it.
I still wear settu-mundu when I visit guruvayoor temple, ladies in my family are very particular about not wearing colourful sarees or the chudidar suits to guruvayoor. And the same rule applies to our Tharvadu temple too.
As a child/teenager I used to wear the typical kerala pavadas to this temple. :-)

Nammal Malayalikalkku matrame nammude tradition athinde poornathyil ariyu .
1993 Kerala High Court ithil oru teerppu kalpichatanu .
Annu eee case eduthapol ipparyunnu mediayude bahalam illayirunnu .Because at that time we didnt have 500+ medias .
Ippol national medias ellam ithinde purekeyyanu .Saabarimala enthuvannu ariyathavarum koode chummathangu abhiprayam passakkuvanu .
Ithinidekku TDB `Chairman Prayaar Gopalakrishnan oru press conferencil paranjan marupadi ,Ivar ellavarum koodi angu ettupidichu .National medias,( most of them cant even truly interepret malayalam language ) athangu ettupidichu .
Athinmelulle charachayude nilavaram thanne illathakki .
Oru Punjabi lady athinde peril Gopalakrishananu oru letter ezuti .Athinde title vechulla oru NGO aanu ippol ee case nadathhunathu .Verum publicity stunt matramayi.

A Face book post written by some lady.....

I am a Hindu Woman from Kerala and I don't want to go to Sabarimala....You will find hundreds of thousands of us in Kerala and elsewhere...highly educated, professionals, writers etc who will agree with me.....Why?Because...Kerala Hindu women have Temples and festivals exclusively for themselves...ours was a Matriarchal society where only the women inherited. We have a Temple where once a year the Preists there will wash the feet of every woman devotee who comes there because a woman is the representation of the Godess....we have a Temple in MAnnarashala where the Priests are exclusively women, We have Thiruvathira.......which is an exclusively women's festival...no men allowed in the vicinity...we have Pongala a pooja where lakhs and lakhs of women take part....in Trivandrum.....since the Temple cannot hold all these vast numbers...Trivandrum literally shuts down and it's streets are full of women...yes exclusively women........

Contrary to that ....Sabarimala....is the one place in Kerala which is exclusively for men.... This is where our men go together...it's a male bonding... Thing.. Fathers and sons, brothers,uncles, grandfathers all the male members in a family or community or friends...The whole community irrespective of caste, wealth, creed joins in....including the women...Yes...many of us keep fast with the men in our family.

These forty days are a source of great joy and peace for us.....in many homes....it is the only time of the year when men don't drink.....no non-veg food, every one gets up very early in the morning around 4:00 a.m, bathe, do your pooja....visit the nearest Temple......the family gets together....it brings family members in together......

Our men don't do this bonding by drinking, drugs or whoring
Instead it is through 40 days of detox... Every one is in it.. The women as well.

There is peace in society cos many alcoholics are detoxing... There is a bond not only in the family but in the community.You go for bhajans in the evening....again the family goes together. The community gets together.....very important in this day and age when everyone is working especially in Kerala.

After 40 days the men go to Sabarimala, sometimes taking their aged mothers with them and maybe the older children including gals who haven't yet menstruated..

The women have the home to themselves... 3 days or until the men come back to do as they please. What do they call this is modern terms.....? Yes.... men having their own space and women their own space and time out ...Well....we have been doing this for a long time....keeping our cultural ethos and values in mind while doing so..."

Pakshe ,ee case nadatthunna NGOykkum ,avarude aalukalkkum ,National mediasle anchors ithu etra paranajlum manasillavunnilla .
Sabarimalayude prasiddhi palarkkum pidikkunnilla .
Rahul easwarne ethayalum nalla pani annu .Sarikkum teri vilikelkuununde .

Christian pallikalil angane oru bishayam illallo.

Sthree palil achanmare vekanam ennu parayalo

Absolutely .athinde koode veroru prasnavum unde .Sthreekal ulpade etra laksham peranu oru mandalakalathu sabarimala kayarunnathu .Athum kattupradesavum .
Appol cheruppakarikale koodi kayattande kuraveullu .securitikku vendi etra koodikal nammmudse govt sarkaar treasuryil ninnu edukkendi varum .

Etho oru punjabi ladyaanu ethinu vendi etrayum public propaganda aarabhichathu.Mikkavarum north indians .Avarrku etraperkku ividuthe aacharam ariyam.

Security issue oru karanamayi parayunathinodu yojipila.

Pine vere oru point ennu parayunathu, all religions have earthly origins which are backed by customs and practices. Aaanungalkum orupadu restrictions ondalo. We cannot go around breaking religious customs and practices in the name of person liberty unless we are ready to give up the very idea of religions altogether,Period!

What happened in Perumbavur is shocking. It's just 14kms from my place :( . #JusticeforJisha

Back
Top Bottom