What's new

Kejriwal's Vision For India-From What he says in his book 'Swaraj'

Political Decentralization
The biggest problem facing our democracy today is that no one in government can or wants to hear the common man's basic needs. This is the situation in the whole of our country. People need basic amenities and the government provides something else. Decisions affecting millions of common Indians are taken by a few select leaders of the ruling party in Parliament. Democracy has become a slave of the leader of the ruling-party.

We believe that good governance happens when people have the power to influence decisions that shape their life. This is a major change that India needs badly. No present day party will usher in this systemic change. For this very reason, our anti corruption movement has been forced to enter politics.

Today all big and small decisions that affect the nation are taken by a few select members of this body of governance. Once the ruling party comes to power, a few top leaders at the head of the party and a handful of influential corporate honchos decide all policies. Where is the voice of the common man in this decision making process? There is no Right to Recall in our country today. So once we elect a leader, we are stuck with him for 5 years. And this gives the current breed of politicians enough time to loot the resources of the country. Is this the true meaning of Democracy? Of course not. In a true democracy The people have the power. Governments should be responsible to the people, not the other way around. This is the goal of Aam Aadmi Party - to give the power back in the hands of the people of India. This is SWARAJ or self rule - but can it be done practically?

The answer is YES!

SWARAJ and decentralisation of power can be done in a fully democratic system and many countries in the world have done it. India can also create a system which makes the government directly responsible to the people. Aam Aadmi Party aims to decentralise the system of governance in such a way that people can influence the policies that affect their local area. All the provisions to create SWARAJ are defined in the Constitution of India. All it takes is the political will to implement the spirit of the Constitution on the ground level. No political party in India today will do this. It is this corrupt and selfish current political system, that forms the Executive pillar of our democracy, that we aim to change

Right To Reject
When we go to cast our vote, we know that almost all the candidates are either corrupt or criminals. But our current voting system forces us to choose any one candidate and waste our vote on someone we know is unfit for the job. We the people's party plan to give the voter an alternate choice - a Reject All button. All voting machines shall have a “reject all” button at the bottom. If you dislike all candidates, you will have an option to use this button. If this button gets majority of votes, the elections to that constituency will be cancelled and fresh elections will be held within a month. The parties and candidates rejected in the cancelled elections will forfeit their right to contest again in the re-elections.

Right to Recall
Today we give our vote to a candidate, he or she wins the election, and then they disappear from our life. Today most elected representatives make no time to listen to the problems of their constituents. And in the current electoral system, the people have no choice but to suffer this candidate for 5 years. We want to create an alternative. We will enact a Right to Recall law wherein the common man does not have to wait for 5 years to remove a corrupt MLA or MP from office. People can complain to the election commission anytime to recall their representative and call for fresh elections.

Janlokpal
Aam Aadmi party will pass a powerful anti corruption law, Janlokpal, to remove corruption from our system. Under this law, people will be able to complain directly and imprison corrupt politicians and bureaucrats.

Today a corruption case gets extended for years in our courts. In this time the corrupt politician is re-elected many times over to loot the nation. Many times accused politicians have died before being declared corrupt by the courts. Janlokpal Act will ensure that investigation of corruption charges and prosecution is done under fast tract conditions within 6 months. If found guilty the corrupt official shall serve appropriate jail time from 1 year to life, depending on the severity of the case, his or her property will be seized and he or she will be dismissed from job.

If our party’s government comes into existence, those found guilty of corruption charges in graft scandals in recent years will be jailed within six months.

When a common man goes to an office, he is asked for a bribe. Under Janlokpal, every function of a government officer, the officer responsible and the time limit within which the work must be completed will be clearly defined. If the concerned officer doesn’t do the work within the stipulated time, Lokpal will penalize such officer, compensate the sufferer and get the work done in 30 days.

THE JAN LOKPAL BILL 2011(1).pdf - File Shared from Box

I do not support AAP blindly. They are left of centre and I don't like that many times. But their principled stand in electricity is OK. The subsidy is a temporary relief. The audit is the long term action taken. We will know for sure why discoms cost us so much in Delhi and Mumbai whereas it costs much lesser in, say, Hyderabad(1/3rd cost). I am pretty sure there will be skeletons in the closets to be found. Similarly they showed long term action when they dealt with autorickshaw fares. There is no point in setting low govt fare whereas the auto guys rip off public without any regard for metering. Also there is no point in forcing them to buy new meters and GPS together. The government also found out that 21 cr meant for scholarships is not being used by the earlier governments despite granted allocations.

Whether it is right to give short term relief for electricity bills or not is a decision of governance. I think it is fine, especially when they have a plan ahead.

The bold part, there is the catch, Kejriwal never had a plan to continue for long term, from the day one he was on exit mode, I doubt if he really had any concrete plan ahead. Now he has declared a subsidy and quit before he could implement his "plan", and you know how tough it is to withdraw any subsidy once it is declared.

Now, I am giving you one example of why I think his solutions are not credible.
A quote from the book:

"Appointment of the teacher in a village should be done by the gram Sabha. It has been seen that the
state governments employ thousands of teachers by fraudulent means. The quality of teachers who
have paid bribes to get jobs is questionable. How would they teach children?"

Do we have a reason to believe that leaders of Gram Sabhas will not take bribe or employ their family members if the power of appointment of the teacher is given to them? In our state we have "School Service Commission" that conducts examinations and appoint teachers, the system is at least 99% clean.

Another example:

"This system needs to be changed. The people of the community should be given the power to appoint
and dismiss the teachers. The people who go to a hospital for getting medical treatment should be
empowered to appoint and suspend the Doctor. The administration should go directly in the hands of
people. All government employees should be appointed by the gram Sabha and also suspended or
dismissed by the gram Sabha. This right or the power to appoint and suspend all government employees
must rest with the gram sabhas."

Please tell me if the Gram Sabhas are qualified to appoint or suspend a doctor? Don't you think of such powers like appointment, suspension, and dismissal of teachers, doctors, police, and all other Govt. employees are given to the Gram Sabhas, then it will lead to terrible levels of corruption, nepotism, inefficiency, chaos, and anarchy? Please ponder over it for a moment and reply.

most of our leaders are illiterate................and rest are busy counting money or mis using powe

it quit funny that people here on this forum have negative views of kejriwal...........a reason might be that they are hard core namo fans and are worried by his rise.......and ofcourse people can hide their true identity

interestingly ........my facebook page is buzz by praises of kejriwal.................and many even calling him as last hope of justice of sikhs................facebook where they show their identity .

if voting aap is stupidity .......i guess people of punjab are gonna do it sooner and later
My facebook is abuzz with Namo praises and many calling him and his party the last hope to bring disclosure to all sikhs and etc.
Tajinder Pal Singh Bagga tweets and posts a lot about Sikh riots and he is full of praise for Modi!
Strangely you only get Kejriwal praises i have around 540 friends in fb yet i dont get any praises of AAP or AK? :D

Another example:

"This system needs to be changed. The people of the community should be given the power to appoint
and dismiss the teachers. The people who go to a hospital for getting medical treatment should be
empowered to appoint and suspend the Doctor. The administration should go directly in the hands of
people. All government employees should be appointed by the gram Sabha and also suspended or
dismissed by the gram Sabha. This right or the power to appoint and suspend all government employees
must rest with the gram sabhas."

Please tell me if the Gram Sabhas are qualified to appoint or suspend a doctor? Don't you think of such powers like appointment, suspension, and dismissal of teachers, doctors, police, and all other Govt. employees are given to the Gram Sabhas, then it will lead to terrible levels of corruption, nepotism, inefficiency, chaos, and anarchy? Please ponder over it for a moment and reply.

This to me sounds eerily similar to the Cultural revolution in China, where rampaging mobs of communist Red Guards went around applying their "mob justice" to teachers, doctors and all other professionals.

The same Red Guards who threw Deng Xiaoping's own son out of a window.

Though I doubt that it would be anywhere near as violent as the Cultural revolution.

Last edited:
This to me sounds eerily similar to the Cultural revolution in China, where rampaging mobs of communist red guards went around applying their "mob justice" to teachers, doctors and all other professionals.

Though I doubt that it would be anywhere near as violent as the Cultural revolution.

In short this is MOB rule. Some morons here can't understand this.

In true essence of our democracy I do understand AAP and Arvind are not capable of governance and their vision is de-stabilizing the system and are apparently non progressive

I instead will fully endorse leaders like:
Suresh Kalmadi: Team Congress, progress: Rs. 35000 crores

A. Raja: Team DMK, Progress Rs. 176,000 crore, - Key Congress Allies

Mayawati: Team BSM Progress Rs 3200 Crore, Allies with SP, BJP, UPA,

Lalu Prasad Yadav Team RJD, Rs. 950 crore, Key Allies for Congress, SP, UPA,

Madhu Koda Team congrss/JMM progress Rs 4000 Crore.

Mulayam Singh Yadav Progress Rs 1200 Crore, Key Allies Congress, UPA

Karunaniddhi\
Jayalalitha
Kripashankar Singh
Bangaru Laxman -
Prakash singh Badal
Ashok chavan
Suresh Jain
Balram Jakahar
Ck Jaffer Sherrif
Vir Bhadra Singh

The above are the progressive leaders of BJP congress coalitions... this is the road to progress

Last edited:
@
BgiGNrBCMAE8-pJ.jpg
[/quote]
@Android Bro can we get updates beforehand like these on google hangout so i can invite all my friends?i have updates on rajiv malhotra.But not this event.

1.It's not only about villages ,its also about cities towns,mohalla sabha is for them too.

2.This is not about panchayat,I have clarified before or read this book yaar ,GRAM SABHA not panchayat.

3.If the gram sabha is going to decide ,no tribal will give land,they love their land but you can have your opinion,i have no issues.

What about the issue of nuclear plant,dams,other development work ?

4.Again your are going somewhere else IT IS NOT ABOUT WHO WILL BE SARPANCH,mob of people gram sabha will be given powers of police judiciary n all ,same for towns and cities

5.If some rape is done with gram sabha's consent,they can do anything with any official .

Ehhh so? The town hall system is the corner-stone of American administration. All that AK is doing is trying to adapt that to india- So you're saying the yanks are stupid?

@rubyjackass @Puchtoon @DRAY

I'm so in awe of modified-guys, forget little me, I guess even the economist is wrong on the power devolution issue! If only they had asked them first they may have not wasted their efforts on this.

State elections in India: Delhi needs a Boris | The Economist

Last edited:
If people think he is clown...think again. For nothing he won Delhi elections within one year of forming AAP. Kejriwal should be taken seriously

People outside this forum also have negative views of Kejriwal, for me, I never thought he is honest about anything, he is simply fooling people to build his own political career, you can try to convince me otherwise by letting me know what wonderful things he has done so far. Corruption is a major issue for everyone, but anarchy is not a solution.

And what is with identity? Disclosing identity is banned in this forum, in my Facebook profile I openly post my political views, many do. so what?

the thing is that i have over 1k friends in fb.................and i havent seen any negative comment on kejriwal.

in fact bjp and congress has been fooling people for a very long time..............................kejriwal made SIT in 5 days ............bjp could not do that in 5 years............and congress ...they never wanted that.

why shouldnt people of punjab and sikhs in particular be greatful to kejriwal..............atleast he did something .......rather then just playing politics like NDA.

akali bjp just burn some effigies and call a band ................but nothing to bring justice.

and anarchy was that what happend on the streets of delhi , haryana and uttar pradesh..................not what kejriwal did.

Ehhh so? The town hall system is the corner-stone of American administration. All that AK is doing is trying to adapt that to india- So you're saying the yanks are stupid?

@rubyjackass @Puchtoon @DRAY

I'm so in awe of modified-guys, forget little me, I guess even the economist is wrong on the power devolution issue! If only they had asked them first they may have not wasted their efforts on this.

State elections in India: Delhi needs a Boris | The Economist

It is the Kejrified people who can't see the obvious and calling others Modi-fied. :-)
He is not trying to bring any town hall system here, please read my post number 62 & 48 and do reply.

My facebook is abuzz with Namo praises and many calling him and his party the last hope to bring disclosure to all sikhs and etc.
Tajinder Pal Singh Bagga tweets and posts a lot about Sikh riots and he is full of praise for Modi!
Strangely you only get Kejriwal praises i have around 540 friends in fb yet i dont get any praises of AAP or AK? :D

strangly i have only 1k facebook friends..............and majority are well settled proffesionals ...........some from medical ....some from engginering field.........and some as high ranking officer as ACP of para military ............and they are prasing kejriwal..............namonia sufferers are absent

i can attribute this to the fact that bjp is in power in punjab as an ally of akalis................and condition of punjab is very miserable which cant be expressed in words............i daily see people dying of drug overdose ...........houses destroyed ......bussiness fleeing punjab ............police officer are getting beaten by akalis ..........rampant corruption.............where to start ?

maan bang ho geya bjp-akalis toh........haad hundi hai kissi gaal di .

and punjab DGP says he wont investigate akali bjp ministers for drug smuggling even with over flowing evidences

who is tejinderpal singh bagga??? never heard of it ..........pardon me I have a busy life so cant keep track of every small person ....what he says etc

the thing is that i have over 1k friends in fb.................and i havent seen any negative comment on kejriwal.

in fact bjp and congress has been fooling people for a very long time..............................kejriwal made SIT in 5 days ............bjp could not do that in 5 years............and congress ...they never wanted that.

why shouldnt people of punjab and sikhs in particular be greatful to kejriwal..............atleast he did something .......rather then just playing politics like NDA.

akali bjp just burn some effigies and call a band ................but nothing to bring justice.

and anarchy was that what happend on the streets of delhi , haryana and uttar pradesh..................not what kejriwal did.

The cynicism that both parties have created has led to deep consequences- people are INCREDULOUS that anything can be done on corruption to the extent that while modi is riding an anti-incumbency wave on UPA Scams, he has full confidence that bringing in yeddy for Lingayat votes is all right. And he isn't off the mark, instead of askng why this corrupt leader is being brought in his supporters are cheering him for 'shrewd politics'!

Good he formed SIT.. Good he offered to give subsidies.. But why didn't he followed anything he started to its conclusion.. The thing is all what he did was some populists moves to achieve his larger ambition. If he had any seriousness in resolving the issue this was the best chance he had he could have taken things to final conclusion, solved the electricity problem for Delhi once and for ever by following up with CAG and exposing BSES, Tata power, Mukesh Ambani, Sheila Dikshit and all. But that seemed never to be his intention.

His intention was to fool people and if you think that idiot holding Dharnas for saving his minister's a$$ and even threatening to disrupt republic day was not anarchy then god only can help you!!

And I have seen Kiran Bedi working on the streets in Delhi fighting corrupt leadership and this idiot even called her corrupt just because she did not agree to his point of view. What a fking a$$hole he is!!

Back
Top Bottom