BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Kejriwal sought two bungalows after oath ceremony: Sources
New Delhi | Updated 2/4/2014 3:27:45 PM IST

242014kejriwal400x300.jpg

ENI Bureau
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, who once redefined the spirit of austerity, seems to have not implemented the same when it came to his personal preferences.

In a baffling revelation, Kejriwal is reported to have asked for two bungalows after his swearing in as the Chief Minister of the state.

According to sources, the AAP supremo had sought two bungalows with five bedrooms each at a posh locality in the city.

However, Kejriwal declined to comment when asked by the reporters over the issue.

Besides a government bungalow, the bureaucrat-turned-politician had earlier refused to avail any security cover and beacon-fitted vehicles.

Kejriwal sought two bungalows after oath ceremony: Sources

Delhi CM Kejriwal sought bungalow?

He happily poses for the cameras lying on the streets of Delhi claiming to fight for the common man. He doesn't miss an opportunity to brag about his simplicity and humility in public meetings. But tonight - a TIMES NOW exclusive report may blow the lid off Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's public posturing. Documents that prove that the Delhi CM's bungalow drama was all but his making, all along he claimed that he was alloted 2 bungalows next to each other in a posh Delhi locality. But in reality - it was Kejriwal who had sought those 2 big 5 bedroom houses in Delhi's Bhagwan Das Road.

Video: Delhi CM Kejriwal sought bungalow?-India-TIMESNOW.tv - Latest Breaking News, Big News Stories, News Videos

Delhi CM Kejriwal sought bungalow?-India-TIMESNOW.tv - Latest Breaking News, Big News Stories, News Videos

Kejriwal asked for 2 bungalows soon after becoming CM
February 04, 2014 18:43 IST

04keju.jpg

Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal had applied for an official bungalow in Lutyens' Delhi soon after he was sworn-in, official documents have revealed.

In a letter dated December 30, 2013, Kejriwal’s chief secretary Rajendra Kumar urged the lieutenant governor to allot House No 6/7 and 7/7 at Bhagwan Das Road for the Aam Aadmi Party leader. The two houses belong to the Delhi Development Authority.

The approval was granted on the same day.

Media reports have regularly suggested that Kejriwal refused official accommodation in his bid to abolish VIP culture in Delhi.

Following the AAP’s impressive performance at the assembly elections, Kejriwal was sworn-in as the Delhi chief minister on December 28, 2013.

Image: Arvind Kejriwal gestures during his swearing-in ceremony in New Delhi on December 28

Kejriwal asked for 2 bungalows soon after becoming CM - Rediff.com India News

04kejriwal1.jpg

Kejriwal asked for two specific massive bungalows soon after becoming CM, so much for austerity & honesty.

Last edited:
Last edited:
We badly need a good leadership in the country.

Something tells me this could be just the tip of the Ice Berg. AAP is also reluctant to come out with it's actual sources of funding. Who knows what kind of boggarts reside in that closet.
well, I dont think they are necessarily corrupt. But its a fallacy that just because they are not corrupt, they are good.
Actually its their strident criticism of political class that will come to hunt them. Because they are in politics, and cannot possibly do without decent house, or security. Or AC. You want your leader to give you 100 % then get ready to give him some perks that will help him serve you better.

Something tells me this could be just the tip of the Ice Berg. AAP is also reluctant to come out with it's actual sources of funding. Who knows what kind of boggarts reside in that closet.

One pdf member told me that AAP got major funding from Ford Foundation, which in turn was funded by CIA. :undecided:

Agree with you

well, I dont think they are necessarily corrupt. But its a fallacy that just because they are not corrupt, they are good.
Actually its their strident criticism of political class that will come to hunt them. Because they are in politics, and cannot possibly do without decent house, or security. Or AC. You want your leader to give you 100 % then get ready to give him some perks that will help him serve you better.

The issue is that, they first criticized all these things, then indulged in them. In this particular case, Kejriwal claimed that he was allotted those bungalows, then it was found that he asked for those bungalows.

And this is only one of their many lies & hypocrisies.

Nobody would have a problem if he said that he needed two large Houses to run a decently big Party. But it's his posturing that leaves a bitter aftertaste on hearing news such as this. Why make outrageous claims of simplicity and frugality if one can't keep it up in actions? Would we be bothered by this revelation if he hadn't made tall claims before?

One pdf member told me that AAP got major funding from Ford Foundation, which in turn was funded by CIA. :undecided:

That seems to be an open secret. His NGO did receive a grant once from the Ford Foundation. But whether they continue to back him now and fund AAP too, isn't known.

Same here. I usually don't get Dray's and Didijaan's alerts.:mad:

mera BIMARU bada bhai :lol:

But I mentioned you!! :what: And what is the story of "his kid's school fee"? :what:

I heard someone saying that he pays around 200 thousands for his kid's school fee. . . sign of an Imandaar 'Aam" aadmi 8-)

(200 thousand each )

Nobody would have a problem if he said that he needed two large Houses to run a decently big Party. But it's his posturing that leaves a bitter aftertaste on hearing news such as this. Why make outrageous claims of simplicity and frugality if one can't keep it up in actions? Would we be bothered by this revelation if he hadn't made tall claims before?
Thats because concept of 'simple living and high thinking'. That asceticism is better than consumerism somehow.
No explanation was ever put forward as to why, but we grow up hearing about people who were simple but great (hence the causal relation of simplicity and greatness in our minds).
I so wish gandhi was better dressed.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom