What's new

Kaveri engine will not power Tejas MK-1 nor AMCA

Reply to my original question:

Does Ukraine have what it takes for Kaveri to be - As India wants it to be?
Increase thrust to weight ratio, which is a prime issue here.

Yes it does. Even today.

It has been tapped out by the Chinese in that field much to Russia's consternation.

Unfortunately since you cannot answer my questions it would an exercise in futility to try and explain to you exactly what would be required (which Ukraine can provide) to help us in mitigating our problems.

Now why don't you answer my question. And I haven't even gotten to the real kicker, engineering details of nickle based super alloys and fabrication processes of the same.

I don't suffer obdurateness in the face of facts easily.
Btw we discussed about the drdo aesa last year under the pretext of korean aesa,whats the status?

Are we getting that for mk-2 or it will be an off the shelf purchase again?

I dont know if Ukraine has that tech now or wants to share it.What he is trying to say is Ukraine had the tech of engines decades back and offered us a JV or help but we refused it for whatever reasons.If we had opted that path then we would have faced no issues now in Kaveri engine as we would have not to spend decades devloping the basics from scratch.Is that so tough to understand??

No one can answer that for sure

Yes it does. Even today.
It has been tapped out by the Chinese in that field much to Russia's consternation.

Just by saying they have it does not cut the mustard.
They do not have engine manufacturing base.
They never produced Jet engine cores
What are you talking.
India knows well, Ukraine does not have it, probably thats the reason, they did not go to Ukraine.

Whatever little tech they had WRT this, belongs to Russia (as per yr link).
So better to go to Russia as a primary, than secondary source as ukraine.

I dont know if Ukraine has that tech now or wants to share /quote]

Then why discuss?
Clueless people have no right to discuss.
They better submit to facts.

Correct!

Thats what I am saying.

What are you talking.
India knows well, Ukraine does not have it, probably thats the reason, they did not went to Ukraine.

The core problem of kaveri is excess weight due to metallurgy,maybe they had good knowledge in that field.

Thats maybe,a big maybe

But u are justing wasting ur and everyone's time here by posting same question again and again

@narcon - Its simple actually. Top tech is zealously guarded by US, France etc. Even Russia would think twice. The reason is they have an use for it.
Ukraine on the other hand has zero use for the tech. Perhaps that's why they are willing to share. Since they are willing to share, we are salivating. :tup:

You summed it up along with @jarves in a single post.:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

Its a clear fact, Ukrain doesnt have a tech know how equivalent to M-88 core, hell even Russia doesnt have it, which they will get in PAKFA post 2020. if I am not wrong.

What are you talking.
India knows well, Ukraine does not have it, probably thats the reason, they did not go to Ukraine.

Correct!

Thats what I am saying.

Oh yes just like the GOI knew not to acquire the blue prints for the GH-45 while China happily did the same two decades before us..and there in came the PLZ-45. While it took a private firm in India to finally wake up and do the same.

AGAIN, THEY DO NOT NEED TO BUILD ENGINES TO HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE BECAUSE THEY HAVE THE UNIQUE DISTINCTION OF BEING A NATION WHICH INHERITED ALL THE KNOWLEDGE FROM THE USSR BY DINT OF BEING PART OF THE USSR.

NOW WILL YOU OR ANYONE KINDLY ANSWER MY QUESTION.

START BY LISTING THE METALLURGICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ACHIEVING CURRENT STANDARDS OF SFC AT A SPECIFIC THRUST LEVEL AT ISO.

Its a clear fact, Ukrain doesnt have a tech know how equivalent to M-88 core, hell even Russia doesnt have it, which they will get in PAKFA post 2020. if I am not wrong.

And this fellow is trying to be a diaper on my a*s for nothing.
I am saying the same shik that Ukraine does not have what India wants WRT Kaveri.

Btw we discussed about the drdo aesa last year under the pretext of korean aesa,whats the status?

Are we getting that for mk-2 or it will be an off the shelf purchase again?

As always the TRMs will be fabricated out of the country while the design will be ours. Cursed babu cursed effing idiocy in not setting up semi-conductor foundries in time. Can design it but cannot build it!!

Oh yes just like the GOI knew not to acquire the blue prints for the GH-45 while China happily did the same two decades before us..and there in came the PLZ-45. While it took a private firm in India to finally wake up and do the same.

AGAIN, THEY DO NOT NEED TO BUILD ENGINES TO HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE BECAUSE THEY HAVE THE UNIQUE DISTINCTION OF BEING A NATION WHICH INHERITED ALL THE KNOWLEDGE FROM THE USSR BY DINT OF BEING PART OF THE USSR.

NOW WILL YOU OR ANYONE KINDLY ANSWER MY QUESTION.

START BY LISTING THE METALLURGICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ACHIEVING CURRENT STANDARDS OF SFC AT A SPECIFIC THRUST LEVEL AT ISO.

And this fellow is trying to be a diaper on my a*s for nothing.
I am saying the same shik that Ukraine does not have what India wants WRT Kaveri.

AND I AM INVITING ALL OF YOU TO EDUCATE ME AS TO WHAT EXACTLY DO YOU THINK THE KAVERI REQUIRES.

RICH WORDS FORM FOLKS WHO CANNOT EVEN TELL ME WHAT IS THE EXPECTED FORMULATION OF A TBC.

@narcon I got what you are trying to say.But not manufacturing it doesnt mean that they dont know how to do it.For ex now majority of the manufacturing is done by third world countries like India.So does that mean that America does not have the tech of manufacturing or making that things.
As @Dillinger has already said that many times Ukraine inherited the tech from Soviet Union in the form of blue prints,codes or in whatever form the tech is transferred.
Dont know about Aero engines of Ukraine but Chinese Destroyers and Pakistani tanks still uses Ukrainian engines.This also conforms that they had the tech in past.

"ALL"

Lol
Specify by what you mean when you say all.
We all know Ukrain makes lot of Arms.
We are talking about specific Kaveri engine tech required by India to compensate it.
Ukraine does not have it

Back
Top Bottom