What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
are any of you indians,, kashmiri????????????????????? have any of you ever been to AJK????????????? would you guys believe something written on paper or something that people who live in ajk and have family in ajk are telling you????

how many refugees from ajk are on the indian side of kashmir??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? anwer that. if the kashmiris are being supressed and all the other bull by this dr. choudry then the indian side should be full of people from ajk seeking indian help. why is it then that their are 1.5 million refugees from the indian side of kashmir in Azad jammu and kashmir?????????????????????????????

how many refugees from ajk are on the indian side of kashmir??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? anwer that. if the kashmiris are being supressed and all the other bull by this dr. choudry then the indian side should be full of people from ajk seeking indian help. why is it then that their are 1.5 million refugees from the indian side of kashmir in Azad jammu and kashmir?????????????????????????????

Your source? Wikipedia?

noooooo my source is not wikipidia. its the un 2008 report. the same report that says ajk on pak side is not free.

"the Azad Kashmir government manages relief camps for refugees from Indian-administered Kashmir, the bulk of whom arrived after the situation on the Indian side worsened in 1989. Many more of the refugees (roughly 1.5 million) live elsewhere in Azad Kashmir and throughout Pakistan."
UNHCR | Refworld | Freedom in the World 2008 - Kashmir [Pakistan]
the paragraph before the last one.

again same question to my indian friends.
Why is it that despite having a rating of "not free" from the United nations report their are 1.5 million refugees from the indian side of kashmir.
if what all of you, indian friends, are saying is true, then shouldn't it be the indian side of kashmir were their are 1.5 million refugees.

note one more thing, this report is not counting the all of the refugees from indian side.
the Azad Kashmir government manages relief camps for refugees from Indian-administered Kashmir, the bulk of whom arrived after the situation on the Indian side worsened in 1989. 1.5 million live outside these camps. so the total amount of refugees from indian side in from near the figure of 2.5 million.

noooooo my source is not wikipidia. its the un 2008 report. the same report that says ajk on pak side is not free.

"the Azad Kashmir government manages relief camps for refugees from Indian-administered Kashmir, the bulk of whom arrived after the situation on the Indian side worsened in 1989. Many more of the refugees (roughly 1.5 million) live elsewhere in Azad Kashmir and throughout Pakistan."
UNHCR | Refworld | Freedom in the World 2008 - Kashmir [Pakistan]
the paragraph before the last one.

again same question to my indian friends.
Why is it that despite having a rating of "not free" from the United nations report their are 1.5 million refugees from the indian side of kashmir.
if what all of you, indian friends, are saying is true, then shouldn't it be the indian side of kashmir were their are 1.5 million refugees.

I will tell u why, though I m not sure about the numbers but I am sure some of the families/youth from Indian Kashmir have migrated to P-O-K for the search of 'AZAD KASHMIR' which the never found. Even recently many youth who migrated want to come back to this side and GOI is mulling on an amnesty scheme as well.

Kashmiris wanting to return from Azad Kashmir welcome: Centre

I will tell u why, though I m not sure about the numbers but I am sure some of the families/youth from Indian Kashmir have migrated to P-O-K for the search of 'AZAD KASHMIR' which the never found. Even recently many youth who migrated want to come back to this side and GOI is mulling on an amnesty scheme as well.

Kashmiris wanting to return from *** welcome: Centre

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Yeah right.....Keep wet dreamin...

What an emotional story...
I been to Kashmir 100s of times, my wife is a Kashmiri. Your crocodile tears are nothing but a sheer crap. The way you are trying to portrait *** and India's Kashmir is nauseating.

Pakistan governed Kashmir is an Indian state and no one will talk to you for once when India will claim that part of the Kashmir forever or will negotiate with (ever changing stands) Pakistan without your opinion . If you think you are comfortable here by doing an this act of anarchy against union of India then i must tell you that India side has better opportunities for Kashmiri to grow prosper. Today Kashmiri can afford to buy world's luxuries and comforts from any one market in Kashmir. Kashmiri are working in all Indian states in multi national companies competing in all national exams of your choice; quenching world class education and joining sports politics music industry etc. at whim.

So don't tell us how free are you in your valley, you freedom is not the typical freedom, which I can prove with one single line but that will further challenge our stand which enable us not to recognise what is enforced on so called AJK. Cut the crap try to think rational and feel the power being an Indian its never too late.

Subha ka bhula sham ko vapis aa jaye to use bhula nahi kehte.

wow what a democratic thinking you have... wow me surprized... is this democracy ??? What the hell you have to do with his life??? if he feels free and love with pakistan then why it is a matter of concern for you??? go dear learn to respect others feeling and then comment and try not to hurt others feelings... you have no right for forcing anyone to be indian or love india when they don't want to... And this is the basic rule of democracy.....

note one more thing, this report is not counting the all of the refugees from indian side.
the Azad Kashmir government manages relief camps for refugees from Indian-administered Kashmir, the bulk of whom arrived after the situation on the Indian side worsened in 1989. 1.5 million live outside these camps. so the total amount of refugees from indian side in from near the figure of 2.5 million.

These are impossible numbers.The entire population of J&K is 1.5 cr(2010 estimate)

Moreover Kashmir never saw that kind of mass migration to ***.

The manner in which that sentence is written is confusing.I challenge u give to any other source that quote similar statistics.

2.5 million !!! Need more dfinitive proof that they are all from this side.

Questions :

1. When did this refugees come to Pakistan ?

2. Why do you think they are going there ?

3. Do you think the so called "freedom fighter" from so called "Azad Kashmir" have also contributed to this ? also in a way by the policies of Pakistan Govt and military and ISI.

4. Do you think they have better living prospects than if they had located in other places in India ? I know lots of Kashmiries have settled down in many other states. Actually I use to provide tution to their children

If Pakistan is really well wisher of Kashmiries then they should help India to ensure better life to Kashmiries and not encourage millitancy.
As you have seen (you might not have liked) that the life of the Kashmiries in India has been better before 1989 and have turned for better in last 8 years. I am sure in another 10-20 years they would as prosperous as any other sate in India - ofcourse there is one catch - they would require Pakistan's support. :azn:

But, be honest, would you like this situation. I am sure the prosperity of Kashmiries are not in your interest.

Let us both try to do what best we can do.

:smitten::cheers:

What an emotional story...
I been to Kashmir 100s of times, my wife is a Kashmiri. Your crocodile tears are nothing but a sheer crap. The way you are trying to portrait *** and India's Kashmir is nauseating.

Pakistan governed Kashmir is an Indian state and no one will talk to you for once when India will claim that part of the Kashmir forever or will negotiate with (ever changing stands) Pakistan without your opinion . If you think you are comfortable here by doing an this act of anarchy against union of India then i must tell you that India side has better opportunities for Kashmiri to grow prosper. Today Kashmiri can afford to buy world's luxuries and comforts from any one market in Kashmir. Kashmiri are working in all Indian states in multi national companies competing in all national exams of your choice; quenching world class education and joining sports politics music industry etc. at whim.

So don't tell us how free are you in your valley, you freedom is not the typical freedom, which I can prove with one single line but that will further challenge our stand which enable us not to recognise what is enforced on so called AJK. Cut the crap try to think rational and feel the power being an Indian its never too late.

Subha ka bhula sham ko vapis aa jaye to use bhula nahi kehte.

AJK Kashmiris can do that to, I don't know what your trying to imply but whatever it is, it is clearly baseless. What about the rapes, massacres in J&K? The mass protests against Indian rule? We are all proud of Pakistan, Pakistanis are our brothers. I have travelled to Pakistan, I did not meet even a single soldier on my way to Pakistan from AJK. If you walk into any resturant in Pakistan you will see donations for Kashmir. That is our bond. Why would we want to be Indian? Please read some history, for your benifit I will give some:

Northern muslim majority states in Britsh Raj were to go to Pakistan

In the 7 thousand year history of Pakistan, Kashmir has been a part of it.

It was conquered by Sikh armies then few years later British like rest of British Raj, then sold to Maharaja, which does makes his monarchy invalid since Kashmir was bought.

Under Maharaja's rule Muslim majority Kashmiris were persecuted, atrocieties commited against them.

wow what a democratic thinking you have... wow me surprized... is this democracy ??? What the hell you have to do with his life??? if he feels free and love with pakistan then why it is a matter of concern for you??? go dear learn to respect others feeling and then comment and try not to hurt others feelings... you have no right for forcing anyone to be indian or love india when they don't want to... And this is the basic rule of democracy.....

Democratic thinking is to keep nation intact not punched out. Although I strongly oppose any anti Pakistan movement in Baluchistan. But I would like to know if you can say same about them, just in case.

I have read his previous posts as well so don't try to tell me that I am mucking around here like a headless chicken.
I am not forcing I am telling the truth.Time may have made AJK Kashmiris more near to Pakistan but being an Indian i have all the right to keep the ball at your court, you know what i mean? (I am an honest man;)).

There is a contradictions with his statement and poor understanding of the deep seated dispute. AJK is Pakistani invention and he has no cure but to endure that without a flag and identity. What i am giving him back is his lost a real identity of an Indian.

Furthermore what will happen when this issue will be resolved and his dependency on both of the nations is what I am trying to mention.
Regards.

Furthermore, my Grandad has a story he tells many times to me and other family members about Kashmir before '47.

Before '47 Kashmiri Muslims were RULED by local Sikhs and Hindus, my grandad remembers a local tea shop (which has been rebuilt) in in my village where a Sikh/Hindu lived who controlled the local village. If he did not like anybody they were taken away by Policy, fined heavily, tortured or killed. We were not allowed to eat cow/buffalo (since buffalo are more abundant in Kashmir), and used to eat only vegetables because they couldn't eat their chickens because they were poor and needed to keep good egg:chicken ratio. Cow/Buffalo meat was banned and you could be jailed (and beaten or killed), fined if you were SUSPECTED of having eat it.

Pakistani "Army" came and liberated my village, the story of my families fortune changed. In a few years after this we had many livestock and fields to grow crops. We eat more freely and were allowed to hear our Azaan from the Mosque allowed.

I once asked my grandad if we were Kashmiri/Pakistani/Indian, he said we were Pakistani because Pakistan is a county and Kashmir is a part of it.

Now this does not mean Hindus/Sikhs are our enemies, no they are our fellow brothers. Because of the Maharaja we have diviosions. If Kashmir were to become part of Pakistan and Hindus/Sikhs were killed then Kashmiris leaving by them would be one of the first to pick up their guns and defend them.

NOTE: I believe in the KASHMIRI people to decide their future, I would prefer Kashmir to join Pakistan but that is not my choice it is the peoples choice. Kashmir would never join India and that is a fact, do not delude yourselves and look at some un biased facts from credible resources. If Kashmir were an Independent I would still consider Pakistanis my brothers.

Democratic thinking is to keep nation intact not punched out. Although I strongly oppose any anti Pakistan movement in Baluchistan. But I would like to know if you can say same about them, just in case.

I have read his previous posts as well so don't try to tell me that I am mucking around here like a headless chicken.
I am not forcing I am telling the truth.Time may have made AJK Kashmiris more near to Pakistan but being an Indian i have all the right to keep the ball at your court, you know what i mean? (I am an honest man;)).

There is a contradictions with his statement and poor understanding of the deep seated dispute. AJK is Pakistani invention and he has no cure but to endure that without a flag and identity. What i am giving him back is his lost a real identity of an Indian.

Furthermore what will happen when this issue will be resolved and his dependency on both of the nations is what I am trying to mention.
Regards.

You should read history and my story posted above:)Kashmir has been part of Pakistan for thousands of years.

Back
Top Bottom