What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Here are some excerpts. When you have time please read the full Article :

LRB · Tariq Ali · Bitter Chill of Winter

Bitter Chill of Winter - Tariq Ali

from the article...
he Pathan tribesman under Khurshid Anwar’s command halted after reaching Baramulla, only an hour’s bus ride from Srinagar, and refused to go any further. Here they embarked on a three-day binge, looting houses, assaulting Muslims and Hindus alike, raping men and women
that I did not know!

It's a simple enough question. I just want to know why invade an independent country and then ask for its independence?

One simple reason. It should be Independent from Indian Occupation. India has never been able to prove that Kashmiri Maharajah allied with India. People of Kashmir want to be part of Pakistan and India has left no grounds what so ever to claim Kashmir.

You might be surprised that inclusion of Kashmir in Pakistan before Pakistan was so evident that world Pakistan has K representing Kashmir.

Punjab
Afghan Border States (NWFP)
Kashmir
Sind
Baluchistan

Letter i was added to make the word easy to speak and rest of the letters are representation of areas Pakistan will be made on.

What is your point in keeping Kashmir? Kashmiri Pandits? Some 50% of Population of Punjab was Hindu/Sikhs and rest were Muslims but because of Muslim Majority area, it got split. Even if you follow the same principle for Kashmir, more than half of it goes to Pakistan and in Kashmir, this balance is not even 50,50 as nearly 67% are Muslims, 30% Hindus and rest comprise Sikhs and Buddhists.

Last edited:
from the article...

that I did not know!

This is a pretty well known fact to Indian military historians but is entirely overlooked by Pakistanis. In fact strictly in military terms, Pakistan paid the price for using primarily tribals and irregular troops. If these Pathan tribals hadn't stopped to satisfy their urges they would have reached Srinagar in half a day. This gave the Indian Army the time to air lift troops into Baramulla and halt the invasion. And this is where there occurred the battle which saw the first PVC awardee, Capt. Somnath Sharma. :sniper:

This is a pretty well known fact to Indian military historians but is entirely overlooked by Pakistanis. In fact strictly in military terms, Pakistan paid the price for using primarily tribals and irregular troops. If these Pathan tribals hadn't stopped to satisfy their urges they would have reached Srinagar in half a day. This gave the Indian Army the time to air lift troops into Baramulla and halt the invasion. And this is where there occurred the battle which saw the first PVC awardee, Capt. Somnath Sharma. :sniper:

but I can't forgive them ever for raping men!!!!!
:rofl:

One simple reason. It should be Independent from Indian Occupation. India has never been able to prove that Kashmiri Maharajah allied with India. People of Kashmir want to be part of Pakistan and India has left no grounds what so ever to claim Kashmir.

You might be surprised that inclusion of Kashmir in Pakistan before Pakistan was so evident that world Pakistan has K representing Kashmir.

Punjab
Kashmir
Sind
Baluchistan

Letter i was added to make the word easy to speak and rest of the letters are representation of areas Pakistan will be made on.

What is your point in keeping Kashmir? Kashmiri Pandits? Some 50% of Population of Punjab was Hindu/Sikhs and rest were Muslims but because of Muslim Majority area, it got split. Even if you follow the same principle for Kashmir, more than half of it goes to Pakistan and in Kashmir, this balance is not even 50,50 as nearly 67% are Muslims, 30% Hindus and rest comprise Sikhs and Buddhists.

You missed the letter 'I' in PAKISTAN. Does 'I' stand for Iran? Why doesn't Pakistan demand 'azadi' for Iran?
Why doesn't Pakistan claim the whole of Afghanistan, which is represented by letter 'A' in Pakistan?
Why is 'B' for Bengal missing? Bengal/Bangladesh/East-Pakistan was part of Pakistan from 1947 to 1971.
Tomorrow if someone makes a claim that 'A' in Pakistan stands for America, will Pakistan send 'freedom fighters' to USA to liberate it?

but I can't forgive them ever for raping men!!!!!
:rofl:

Come on man. Have you not read the article clearly? It says clearly the rapists were Pathans. What do you expect them to do when pretty goats are not around?:)

the tribals stopped because NEHRU promised a plebiscite! & to trust him was i think the biggest blunder by pakistan!!! the tribals didn't do anything wrong in kashmir all reports of their "atrocities" were fabricated!! if not then please explain why the azad kashmirs didn't want to get back with india then or now!!

Reactions: asq
One simple reason.

Punjab
Kashmir
Sind
Baluchistan

A childish way of attempting to make a case.

Assuming for a hypothetical moment for that to be true then :

1. Why was Pak talking of Junagadh & Hyderabad - these letters are not in PAKISTAN ?

2. The founders saw so far ahead as to pick the 'K" form J&K but chose to ignore the 'B' of Balouchistan ? Hmm... Is this why the Balouchs are unhappy !!

3. How about the ' T' ? Did they foresee the T word too which is getting to be synonymous with Pak ? !!

A childish way of attempting to make a case.

Assuming for a hypothetical moment for that to be true then :

1. Why was Pak talking of Junagadh & Hyderabad - these letters are not in PAKISTAN ?

2. The founders saw so far ahead as to pick the 'K" form J&K but chose to ignore the 'B' of Balouchistan ? Hmm... Is this why the Balouchs are unhappy !!

3. How about the ' T' ? Did they foresee the T word too which is getting to be synonymous with Pak ? !!

They did use Balochistan. But used last 4 letters of the provinces name and used the first letter of the other provinces. May be thats why the Balochis are so pissed..:azn::rofl:
I wonder how could they forget about Bengal, which constituted almost half of Pakistans land area and population..:cheesy:

One thing I wish to know is -

If Pakistan want Kashmir's independence - then why did they invade an independent Kashmir in the first place?

What do Pakistani history books teach? Do they teach that India invaded Kashmir first? Or do they teach that the ruler of Kashmir appealed to the Indian state after Pakistan had invaded and was fairly close to Srinagar?

After india ANNEXED JUNGADH & INVADED HYDERABAD DECCAN! Pakistan new it would only be a matter of time before india makes the treacherous similar move against kashmir! hence we moved in our troops just a text book copy of what indians had done in junagadh!!!!

So we from day one learnt the art from you! so spare me the crap talk about invasion!!!

Last edited:
Come on man. Have you not read the article clearly? It says clearly the rapists were Pathans. What do you expect them to do when pretty goats are not around?:)
And what do you do when their are no "Morrtis" around :woot:

Racist post reported.

the tribals stopped because NEHRU promised a plebiscite! & to trust him was i think the biggest blunder by pakistan!!! the tribals didn't do anything wrong in kashmir all reports of their "atrocities" were fabricated!! if not then please explain why the azad kashmirs didn't want to get back with india then or now!!

Wrong! Tribals stopped when they had to engage regular Indian Army troops. From that point on they were pushed back to the current LOC. The plebiscite issue cropped up much later when Nehru (to his folly) went to the UN.

Why India & Pakistan always fight so much ??? Whatever happened ... its now past !! but we dont learn from it ... and spend billions and billions over developing weapons and other armouries .... it would have been so much better had this money would been invested in education, health and infrastructure ! Comon guys all of you are educated ... we all should look forward to live peacefully and develop ourselves rather than bullying and swearing at each other ... both the countries have damaged each other a lot ... lets start a new beginning ... and focus on education, health and other important aspects !

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom