What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
lol was this person doing in punjab dont he know anything! he got what he deserves

Mirwaiz attacked for making anti-India speech

Mirwaiz attacked for making anti-India speech - Politics - Politics News - ibnlive

Chandigarh: J&K separatist leader Mirwaiz Umar Farooq was heckled and roughed up at a Jammu & Kashmir seminar in Chandigrah on Thursday after he reportedly gave an anti-India speech.

A group of Kashmiri pandits and Vishwa Hindu Parishad(VHP) supporters, who were part of the audience, were allegedly behind the fracas.

Reacting to the incident, Jammu & Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said, "I don't condone it. Don't have much to say, it's a reaction to Hurriyat's politics and policies."

Not a wise thing to do. It'll only harm Kashmiri Pundits cause and will endanger any of them(if any) still living in Kashmir. If Mirwaiz wants to talk, let's engage with him more constructively. Punches and blows won't attain anything!

Talk, talk is so much better than war, war.

Not a wise thing to do. It'll only harm Kashmiri Pundits cause and will endanger any of them(if any) still living in Kashmir. If Mirwaiz wants to talk, let's engage with him more constructively. Punches and blows won't attain anything!

Talk, talk is so much better than war, war.
Not only that, no one would seriously believe that Kashmiri pandits are really Kashmiri Pandit activist. As many media outlets have already stated these hooligans belonged to RSS. So pretty much RSS is posing as Kashmiri pandits - who will check ID cards and genealogy after these incidents you can claim to be whoever, doesn't make it true.

Kashmiris no matter what their religion is, are not ones to resort to hooliganism. This is pattern of the Hindu-Right aka in India as the RSS.

And of course no arrest of the RSS would ever be made...

BTW, taking a cue from last thread, do we get banned if we support the protesters?

Not only that, no one would seriously believe that Kashmiri pandits are really Kashmiri Pandit activist. As many media outlets have already stated these hooligans belonged to RSS. So pretty much RSS is posing as Kashmiri pandits - who will check ID cards and genealogy after these incidents you can claim to be whoever, doesn't make it true.

Kashmiris no matter what their religion is, are not ones to resort to hooliganism. This is pattern of the Hindu-Right aka in India as the RSS.

And of course no arrest of the RSS would ever be made...

Not true. There could be supporters of RSS among Kashmiri Pundits, but I don't think all Pundits are RSS or RSS posing as Pundits. There's supporters of RSS among all Hindu subgroups, Pundits aren't an exception. As far as I know, most if not all Pundits are pro-India.

Better humiliation for him was to boycott the conference with no media presence, with plenty of flowers & “get well soon” cards :smitten:. We are from the land of Gandhi not from land of Lakhvi. . Please behave accordingly.

Anyway, I hope Mirwaiz didn't suffer any injury. This guy is far less radicals and don't usually talk in terms of rhetoric.

BTW, taking a cue from last thread, do we get banned if we support the protesters?

If you support violent protests and vandals in kashmir, it's ok.

If you support violent protest against kashmiri separatists, you will be banned.

I for one am neutral on this subject. Hope he recovers soon.

i really want to comment on the topic on the basis of my nationality, but i hate the pink color , hence refraining.

Well protests against him are ok, but they shouldn't have gone physical and assaulted him. By doing that they risk losing respect and support for the cause of the Kashmiri Pandits.

Farooq attacked in Chandigarh :lol:

Was this guy thinking before came to Chandigarh ???

Kashmiri pandit gave him what is deserve:smitten:

I think he has to stick to only srinagar where those 2% paid protesters support him

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom