What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Yesterday's news

Mirwaiz to attend seminars Lastupdate:- Thu, 25 Nov 2010 18:30:00 GMT GreaterKashmir.com

Srinagar, Nov 24: The Hurriyat (M) on Wednesday started a campaign to aware the people of India about the rights violations allegedly committed by the armed forces in the Valley and the need for the resolution of Kashmir issue.

The Hurriyat (M) chairman, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq and Executive Council member, Bilal Gani Lone left for Chandigarh to attend the seminar organized by a local NGO and are expected to travel to Kolkata for attending another seminar, the party communiqué said.

Mirwaiz would also travel to Lucknow and New Delhi to attend the seminars organized by the civil society groups, it added.

The duo would also meet the envoys of Muslim countries in New Delhi to aware them about “usurping” of religious and political rights of Kashmiri Muslims by the government of India and state Government.

Talking to Greater Kashmir over phone from Chandigarh, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq said the need of hour was to aware the people of India about the reality in Kashmir.

“The people of India cannot shy away from its moral obligation of resolving Kashmir issue and India has always tried that its people see Kashmir through Pakistani prism. We want to tell them reality about Kashmir,” he said.

Mirwaiz said some sections of media allegedly portrayed negative picture of Kashmir before the people and their efforts would be to sensitize its citizens about rights violations allegedly committed by the troopers.

“The aim of meeting envoys of OIC is to apprise them about religious curbs imposed on Kashmiris Muslims and seek their intervention in the matter, “he said.

What a pathetic propganda against RSS and a usual attempt to malign Hindu community by Kashmir's radicals. The attack was by Kashmiri pandit community, whom this "intellectual" and his goons manhandled in 1989 and sent them packing half dead into the rest of the country under religion card. He didn't even get a tenth of what he and his goons did to Kashmiri pandits and he is already crying about it. :hitwall:

Looks like Kashmiri radicals will leave no stones unturned to assault and insult Hindus. The state media of Kashmir is abusing its freedom of press.

IN25_KASHMIRI_PANDI_296148f.jpg

Hurriyat Conference leader Mirwaiz Umar Farooq arrives to resume his speech at a seminar in Chandigarh on Thursday. Photo: Akhilesh Kumar

Hurriyat Conference leaders Mirwaiz Umar Farooq and Bilal Lone were on Thursday manhandled allegedly by activists of right-wing Hindu organisations and Kashmiri Pandits at a seminar here after which police detained ten people.

Commotion broke out when the activists from among the audience charged at Mr. Farooq, who was seated on the dais along with Mr. Lone. At that time, a person, believed to be a journalist, had got up to put a question to the Mirwaiz.

During the pandemonium, some of the activists manhandled the two separatist leaders, eyewitnesses said, adding police immediately stepped in and cordoned off the dais.

The eyewitnesses said that in the melee, the activists punched Mr. Farooq, who fell from his chair.

Police said it has taken at least ten people into custody.

The incident comes over a month after a shoe was thrown at hardline Hurriyat leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani during a seminar in Delhi on October 21. The shoe missed Mr. Geelani, who was seated on the dais. The seminar had also witnessed protests by a group of people, including Kashmiri Pandits.

Commenting on the incident, Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said, “It is a reaction to their politics and policies. And it is bound to happen. I don’t condone it... I believe it is a battle of ideas and ideologies.”

At Thursday’s seminar, the activists also smashed window panes and flower pots at the Kisan Bhawan auditorium following which police took the Hurriyat leaders to safety.

The seminar was on ‘Kashmir Problems in Reference to Indo-Pak Relations’, organised by Internationalist Democratic Party of Jammu and Kashmir.

The seminar resumed after the police brought the situation under control.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/states/other-states/article912873.ece

Off course he is having his say. A fringe group doesn't represent all Pundits.
You don't know half of what pandits and other non-Muslim communities have faced Abir. So I would suggest you don't needlessly insult them without knowledge.

I know you have a habit of serenading aggressive talkers while silencing your own but here you lack complete knowledge.

You can judge the strength of Indian democracy from the fact that the separatist are able to hold an anti India rally in India, while Indian police is preventing India citizens from entering the rally.
It would've been if India would've controlled its mobs... But with this attack Indian democracy has earned a big fat Zero.

It would've been if India would've controlled its mobs... But with this attack Indian democracy has earned a big fat Zero.
To you guys, we will be negative until you expect us to give you our state in platter. Sorry but the world recognizes our form of ruling with respect and we don't need to worry about 1 country out of 220 that sees us as evil. :coffee:

When We do Something You say "its not democratic, people do not have freedom", now when we do not do anything , the Itching hasnt really gone is it?? What Do You think India should do to suffice You People? Its Free Country and Anything can be done which do Not hurt the national Sentiments... These Incidents are Just misdemeanor...

Violence if done by Indians is justified, i guess.
No way extremism comes near them.

You don't know half of what pandits and other non-Muslim communities have faced Abir. So I would suggest you don't needlessly insult them without knowledge.

I know you have a habit of serenading aggressive talkers while silencing your own but here you lack complete knowledge.

I'm not sure why I need to face the incidents to know about it. I know it all and I want them to return to their valley. This attack will only give them bad press and endanger anyone who's still living in valley.

About the bold part, that's because I enjoy the right to silence my own while aggressive talkers of other communities are not of my concern/embarrassment.

Violence if done by Indians is justified, i guess.
No way extremism comes near them.

Basically Its a Human Tendency to Argue for Your Beloved Until proved guilty, And Its Also a Human Tendency even If Proven Guilty the Thrashing Continues,;) These are a part of Cosmic law Not Specific to Indians Alone....

Oh bahi, this has now been proved that the Indian position on Kashmir is just that, violent. He was merely narrating the human rights violations, not campaigning for Azadi in the Indian states.

India is wrong, Kashmiris are right. This is now set in stone.

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

Duplicate. Already posted. Removed
Why detain the Lallu panjus, go arrest their RSS leaders.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom