What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
I wouldn't call the 60 odd countries who have out and out supported the plight of Kashmiris, "disillusioned".
Where? What countries?
The only noise anyone is making is about the heavy handed response that India has shown in the present unrest - a fact acknowledged by the GoI and many Indians. There are certain administrative lapses which need to be corrected, and they will be. Unfortunately it takes a response of this magnitude for some Indian babus to wake up and act!

Talking about 'plight', Kashmiris are the most pampered lot in India with self-serving pompous pinheads for leaders.

That being said, nobody in their sane minds or they whose voice carries diplomatic weight have called for anything other than restoring peace and law & order in Kashmir. I havent read anyone calling for independence - except for those disillusioned 'few'.
I would, however, call you not in touch with reality if you think that the Kashmiris will suddenly accept Indian occupation after 63 years of brutality and resistance.
Again, what brutality are you talking about? Anyone who picks up arms against the State knows the consequences (hopefully) and our democratically elected govt has the right - bestowed upon them by the majority mandate and Indian constitution - to respond appropriately. Also the Constitution does NOT allow for secession. Anyway, Kashmiris dont actually have a choice.

Seriously, make us a pitch - for discussion's sake - as to why Kashmir should join Pakistan (considering that Independence is not practically an option).

Talk about reality TechLahore, I would have appreciated you if you had not deleted Karan's post about the comparative casualty figures for J&K (an apparently restive region in India) and Pakistan (a country). A kneejerk reaction to the data by blaming 'foreign sponsored terrorism in Pakistan' (a phrase so ironic) speaks volumes about 'touch with reality'. For your country's better future, IMHO, you should've accepted this reality.

Forgive me if I don't trust the opinion of the perpetrator himself.
Forgiven, for expecting such internal data to be generated by non-Indian source. :lol:

Nonsense. India has often discussed how to administer Kashmir, in fact several points of the agreement Musharraf worked out with Vajpayee were focused on how to administer Kashmir. Jaswant Singh has validated this view. Please get current on your reading.
Rubbish. The so called 'administration' is post-settlement administration, not administration as of now.

If you were the only one you wanted to convince, you shouldn't have bothered voicing your opinion.
Well, I will take those goalpost shifts, strawmen and non-sequiturs as confirmation that you do not exactly have a rebuttal.

Convincing was not the purpose. Establishing was.

Kashmir is a UN mandated disputed territory: Shawl
LONDON, Sept 30 (APP)- A UK-based Kashmiri leader commenting on the address of Indian Foreign Minister S.M.Krishna at the United Nations has termed it a sterile moribund rhetoric.Nazir Ahmed Shawl, Executive Director, Kashmir Centre, London, said Krishna’s reference to Kashmir as an integral part of India is contrary to United Nations record.Jammu And Kashmir State is UN mandated disputed territory whose political future is yet to be ascertained. It is also contrary to various promises and commitments made by the Indian leadership to the people of Jammu and Kashmir, in different international Fora and also on the floor of Indian parliament,” he said.

Shawl stated that Prime Minister Nehru’s words are still ringing and echoing when he said, “We had given our pledge to the people of Kashmir and subsequently to the United Nations; we stood by it and we stand by it today. Let the people of Kashmir decide.”
Elections which have been referred as plebiscite by Mr. Krishna have simply been an insult to the free will of Kashmiri people and these elections have always been manipulated and massively rigged, he added.
Shawl further pointed out that even Omar Abdullah, the puppet chief minister of Jammu and Kashmir in his speech at Gander bal on Wednesday contradicts Mr. Krishna when he said that the elections have nothing to do with future of Kashmir.
Mr Krishna failed to acknowledge the Indian state terrorism unleashed by Indian forces in Kashmir. What Mr. Krishna and the political leadership of India require is to shun ostrich approach to the ground realities in Kashmir.
The slogan to right to self determination which reverberates in Kashmir needs to be heeded and a political will for peaceful resolution of Kashmir dispute needs to be demonstrated.”

Yes, the type of nonsense that happen to be the truth? What better proof of your head being buried in the sand than the fact that an internationally recognized dispute on which there are numerous UN resolutions, and declarations by dozens of countries viz their support for the plight of the terrorized Kashmiri people, strikes you as an 'internal' issue. Violence is once more growing in Kashmir and the fact that the people of this area have not accepted Indian subjugation for 63 years should give you a clue...

Kashmir is a nuclear bomb tucked under the armpit of a thief who thinks he has made off with the goods. If the Kashmir issue is not resolved, it will destroy India. Unfortunately, Nehru could not get this through his head, probably since he was a Kashmiri, but the people of the sub continent, and especially the hapless people of Kashmir who live in one the most heavily militarized regions on earth, with 650,000 occupation forces breathing down their neck, have paid a heavy price.

If it is so well supported by the UN then get a UN sanctions slapped on India as india got pakistani organisations slapped by UN sanctions by world support.As claimed by u, u already have the international backing(barking) with u.

Destroy India??My foot.

63 years...

India 1947.
Pakistan 1947.

India in 2010= india in 1947 + sikkim+auranachal pradesh+Goa+Huge economy+Huge military.
Remember this indian surge was obtained inspite of kashmir problem since 1989.

Pakistan in 2010=pakistan in 1947- bangladesh+ devastating internal security problems and economy.

So who is getting destroyed by the obsession of azadi and kashmir??

India or pakistan??
Pakistan in 2010

If it is so well supported by the UN then get a UN sanctions slapped on India as india got pakistani organisations slapped by UN sanctions by world support.As claimed by u, u already have the international backing(barking) with u.

Destroy India??My foot.

63 years...

India 1947.
Pakistan 1947.

India in 2010= india in 1947 + sikkim+auranachal pradesh+Goa+Huge economy+Huge military.
Remember this indian surge was obtained inspite of kashmir problem since 1989.

Pakistan in 2010=pakistan in 1947- bangladesh+ devastating internal security problems and economy.

So who is getting destroyed by the obsession of azadi and kashmir??

India or pakistan??
Pakistan in 2010

huuuuggggeee economy(huge like millions of impoverished indians)

huuuuuuggggggeee military(which cant even produce a proper missile, tank, aircraft etc)

huuuuuuggggggeee military(which cant even produce a proper missile, tank, aircraft etc)

more than 3 times of your population is the population in india which can get 3 time diet.so check out the huge.

huuuuuuggggggeee military(which cant even produce a proper missile, tank, aircraft etc

copying and painting doesnt mean an original self written copy.rest u can understand:china::china::china:

copying and painting doesnt mean an original self written copy.rest u can understand:china::china::china:

it doesnt mean that you do copying and spraying job with russian tools, others do the same, and for sake of arguement we accept, ok we did a spray job, even then we are better than you as we actually make things and not just blabber abt it..

Who else would publish this?? By your logic, every claim Pakistan makes about its WOT within Pakistani borders is also a suspect.. Isnt it?

You are welcome to suspect it, but since it doesn't have any relevance to a Pak-India issue, second guessing it would be academic.

Kashmir is very much an internationalized issue and a subject of dispute between two *countries*. Therefore, the data from an Indian ministry is biased in that it is presented by one of the parties involved in the dispute. And that dispute is the subject of discussion, thereby the relevancy of questioning the data. I can question rainfall statistics for Maharashtra, just like you can question Pakistan's WOT claims, but both of those would be equally irrelevant to the current discussion.

Well, I will take those goalpost shifts, strawmen and non-sequiturs as confirmation that you do not exactly have a rebuttal.

You may fancy yourself as the audience, the jury and the judge but that is solely your own delusion. You are allowed, of course, to indulge in your delusions as much as you like. Carry on.

Convincing was not the purpose. Establishing was.

In which you failed miserably.

Forgiven, for expecting such internal data to be generated by non-Indian source. :lol:

Get off your high horse. Data about Indian atrocities in Kashmir is collected by numerous sources, including international agencies. It has been a powder keg for 63 years and a nuclear flashpoint for at least 12. Obviously it is a concern to the international community, which is why you see dozens of countries passing resolutions condemning Indian mistreatment of the occupied people of Kashmir. That is a fact, though obviously a bitter pill to swallow for the delusional lot.

Rubbish. The so called 'administration' is post-settlement administration, not administration as of now.

Oh, so you are then agreeing that the Indian government not only sees Kashmir as a disputed issue, it is also engaged in "settlement" talks, and such settlement talks will change the administration of Kashmir from the current model. Ok, then, so much for the atootness of the ang. Nothing further needs to be discussed.

Where? What countries?

Please refer to recent threads concerning Iran's statements and Azerbaijan's statements on this issue. Please look through OIC resolutions involving 50+ countries.

I am waiting for you to say, "Oh the muslim countries don't count". :-) That seems to be argument of last resort taken by my Indian friends when discussing this issue.

Talking about 'plight', Kashmiris are the most pampered lot in India with self-serving pompous pinheads for leaders.

Wow. I have nothing to add. No, I won't post the videos of the cold blooded murder of Kashmiri women and children, of 650,000 troops controlling every aspect of life in one of the most militarized regions in the world. No need to. Your statement stands on its own merit as one of the more delusional I have heard on the subject.

Anyway, Kashmiris dont actually have a choice.

They do have a choice. One that they have been exercising for 63 years and continue to exercise even today. And that choice is resistance.

Seriously, make us a pitch - for discussion's sake - as to why Kashmir should join Pakistan (considering that Independence is not practically an option).

We are not writing the script for a 30 second ad commercial. I am shocked that you see an important issue in these terms. There is no "pitch" involved. This is a question about fundamental, inalienable human rights such as the right to self determination, dignity and freedom.

Talk about reality TechLahore, I would have appreciated you if you had not deleted Karan's post about the comparative casualty figures for J&K (an apparently restive region in India) and Pakistan (a country). A kneejerk reaction to the data by blaming 'foreign sponsored terrorism in Pakistan' (a phrase so ironic) speaks volumes about 'touch with reality'. For your country's better future, IMHO, you should've accepted this reality.

Would you have liked me to derail the thread instead by countering Karan's irrelevant WOT data with information concerning the various insurgencies currently going on in India? He reposted and excluded the irrelevant pieces which would have for sure derailed the thread and that post not only stands, I responded to it.

You may live in a fantasy land where intelligence agencies are noble and kind and as innocuous as Dopey the dwarf, but that just exposes your own delusions. If you think RAW has nothing to do with many attacks, over the years and currently, in Pakistan then you can resume your reading of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. To each their own reality.

Being born in india like myself...having to move around in constant fear of your loved ones..your honour....i still remember how when i was a kid how when we had to live in ghetto areas of the city..always being discriminated by the of the hindu establishment in the area...we grew up idolising wasim akram and imran khan ...and i always remeber how we used to wish and pray pakistan team wins.....how when babri was demolished our hearts cried but we were helpless...i still remeber when we crossed the hindu areas the hate filled stares we used to get...the concept of secular india...haha???democratic india??...yes we found out democracy in gujrat..what democracy means..lol..
i still remeber the pakistan flag we used to keep at our home.....i still remeber how we used to wrap our coffins with the pak flag..Pakistan is the name of an ideology.....it will never die....Land of sons who lay under tanks ........PAKISTAN ZINDABAD

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom