What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Man I feel we are managing it all wrong. I saw the video of people pelting stones police not doing much to stop them. This is highest level of tolerance I agree, but also setting wrong example. If you allow them to do wrong stuff they will get bolder and bolder and will do more. I feel we should have shot them in leg.

pakistan should stay out of this!!! this is an independent indigenous movement we shouldn't let it get undermined!!!

our show of involvement will undermine their goals! and indians would start crying pakistan is doing all this! for what benefits only god knows!

to all Pakistani comrades:

click here

India forces battle Kashmiri protesters; 15 killed - Yahoo! News

and comment on it; a lot of the commenters have a distorted view of Islam; and of Pakistan's stance on Kashmir. Even small measures like this can make a difference. I saw many interesting comments on there actually.

Abu Zolfikar

Let the Hindu bigots and the American Bigots alone, let them post all kinds of abuses they want -- because in the end most people are turned off by that and they can see who is the aggressor - let the Indian exercise his "confidence" - it's his weakness.

SRINAGAR: Jammu and Kashmir Police today registered two cases against unidentified persons for uploading "morphed pictures" on prominent social networking sites to incite people against security forces in the Valley.

A police spokesman said that efforts were on to trace the origin of the video clipping, purportedly showing four men being paraded naked by uniformed personnel in Kashmir, and apprehend the persons responsible for morphing and uploading it.

"Some miscreants are making repeated attempts to upload morphed pictures on YouTube against security forces to incite people. Two cases already stand registered in this connection with the Crime Branch," he said here.

The video clipping first appeared on YouTube and then was widely circulated on Facebook social networking site.

The spokesman said uploading transmission of such pictures is criminal offence punishable under section 66-A of Information Technology Act.

"It is also punishable under Section 505 of Ranbir Panel Code which is a cognizable offence and attracts a rigorous imprisonment for three years and fine," the spokesman said, requesting the general public to cooperate with the government for maintenance of public order.

"The general public is advised not to fall prey to such unverified and baseless rumours. They may dial 100 for any information or assistance," he said.

Kashmir naked parade video: Cases registered for uploading morphed pictures - The Times of India

Cat dreams of mouse.
India has seen worst than this, has seen people tearing of constitution of India and now taking oath of the same when elected in Power.

If Pakistanis are betting on these crazy Muslims mobs then i have to say that most of you are unaware of the deep and subtle forces at work within this agitation and much more.
The world is watching this Islamic notoriety.

Kashmir is in turmoil but we should note that the situation in the valley has undergone a fundamental change.

We don’t see any more armed clashes between militants and the army. Rather it’s now an indigenous freedom movement led by Kashmir’s younger generation. Every other day scores of teenagers are on the streets chanting anti-Indian slogans and throwing rocks on security forces. The use by Indian forces of live ammunition is the normal reaction to rock-throwing protesters. Death after death of teenagers is not discouraging them but leading to more protests. Clamping curfew is the other measure available with the Indian authorities.

We don’t find much of the Indian mainstream media and human rights organizations highlighting these abuses committed by security forces. Now we have to see how they react to the video available on Face Book and YouTube wherein 7 to 8 naked boys are seen being paraded along with people in police and security forces uniforms. In the video one man is constantly instructing the youth not to cover their bodies. In the background, some other policemen could be heard laughing over the boys’ ordeal. Abuses could also be heard in this three-minute long video clip. They appear to be walking through an agricultural field in Sopore, a town Srinagar.

Though Indian Home Minister P. Chidambaram has asked to check the video for its authenticity and identify the persons shown in the video, everyone knows what will be the result of such an inquiry.

India needs to understand that indigenous movements can’t be silenced with a show of force and humiliations. The US and Israel may get away with such behavior in occupied territories/countries but India has not yet reached that untouchable status. The world would expect that Indian human rights workers such as Arundhati Roy would come forward to help these unarmed protesters.

It is really disturbing to see that some miscreants are misusing today's technological advances.

It is really disturbing to see that some miscreants are misusing today's technological advances.

WTF! Its the indians who paraded those boys and somebdy uploaded an authentic video and now they r miscreants?

Go arrest the indian terrorists who do such things... 18 kashmiris killed yesterday!! who will arrest those .... who murdered the innocent youth?

Also this has been posted before!

Indian authorities are too embarassed that their actions have been made public so now they are making up B.S. statements.

[Now we have to see how they react to the video available on Face Book and YouTube wherein 7 to 8 naked boys are seen being paraded along with people in police and security forces uniforms. In the video one man is constantly instructing the youth not to cover their bodies. In the background, some other policemen could be heard laughing over the boys’ ordeal. Abuses could also be heard in this three-minute long video clip. They appear to be walking through an agricultural field in Sopore, a town Srinagar.

Though Indian Home Minister P. Chidambaram has asked to check the video for its authenticity and identify the persons shown in the video, everyone knows what will be the result of such an inquiry.]

A changed Kashmir - Arab News

Well then it's pointless isn't it?

Try to understand that raising this at such international fora has been done to death by us. Then try to sit back and ask 'what did or has it achieved?'

What impact will it make? The US spoke up yesterday, sure it did. But that was in response to church burning. Was it to condemn the killing of civilians? No.

18 people have died on one day, probably the most killed in YEARS, but it stayed on the BBC News front page (a true litmus test of a huge story) for a few hours, and then gone.

Running around and asking countries to condemn 'Indian aggression' has been done before. It's no point looking for diplomatic condemnation when it will make little change to those suffering on the ground - the Kashmiri's.

If Pakistan wishes to use its positive offices, then perhaps it should speak with the APHC, using some backchannels.

But the spotlight falls back on India who will have nothing to do with Pakistan, and are refusing to budge on issues like AFSPA, they have Omar Abdullah looking to quit (he might as well), so we don't hold much sway.

We can condemn, ask others to condemn, but India is in a bind like it hasn't seen for many a year.

What do you mean by pointless ? I Think Pakistan can help Kashmir by using its diplomatic offices in highlighting Indian Agresssion in Kashmir . It might not make an absolute diffrence in concrete terms but it will demonstrate its will to stand by Kashmiri people in its hour of need . I know that can have huge psychological impact in kashmir . Pakistan is moraly bound to help Kashmir in its pursuit of RSD otherwise it becomes occupation power same as India in kashmir . It is moral obligation on pakistan and need not justified by utilitarian considerations . It is also correct politics as it demonstrates to Kashmiris in Azad Kashmir the seriousness with which it views the plight of their berthern in IOK . I can't agree with your thinking that fair is foul and foul is fair becuase foul is useful and fair is not

What do you mean by pointless ? I Think Pakistan can help Kashmir by using its diplomatic offices in highlighting Indian Agresssion in Kashmir . It might not make an absolute diffrence in concrete terms but it will demonstrate its will to stand by Kashmiri people in its hour of need . I know that can have huge psychological impact in kashmir . Pakistan is moraly bound to help Kashmir in its pursuit of RSD otherwise it becomes occupation power same as India in kashmir . It is moral obligation on pakistan and need not justified by utilitarian considerations . It is also correct politics as it demonstrates to Kashmiris in Azad Kashmir the seriousness with which it views the plight of their berthern in IOK . I can't agree with your thinking that fair is foul and foul is fair becuase foul is useful and fair is not

I agree... Pakistan should help Kashmir, whether it becomes an Independant country or a part of Pakistan. It would be better this way... Kashmir was supposed to be a part of Pakistan (muslim majority rule) but even if they don't, they are still Muslims and have good intentions towards us. But there will be difficulties... the rest of the world will brand us as the bad guys if we speak up as pro-separation of Kashmir from India.

Where if Kashmiris have the teach to make such realistic morphing then open up and industry and invite all golden birds of hollywood. There is a limit to BS'ing and lying out of teeth!

ehhh i just saw some kashmiri youth beating up Indian army walas.. :D
it was such a treat for my eyes.. :D so dance baby dance for me...

Back
Top Bottom