What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
get your fact right, you dont worry about us, when your country begging for aid from donors

oh you want me to get my facts right, but you are the one acting naive, aid is not begged it is granted, it is money which is begged, so first you need to get your English right then your facts right cuz every one gets Aid, just google Foreign Aid to India, you will know :lol:

:cheers:

Do you understand difference between "Protest" and " Fight for Independance"? TN was never ever asked for any kind of separate country what so ever stance of DMK was. Could you please show us any official documents which shows a separate nation's demand?

Tha language divide was a nationwide protest against Hindi as national language and people from non-Hindi speaking states were afraid that they wont be able to make to Public sector jobs due to Hindi. The major problem was again not Hindi but the way Nehru and his associate was trying to bring Hindi to the nation was wrong. It was like imposing. Its profit is taken by Political leaders as well but nobody come up with separate nation.:tdown:

Just to satsify your ego, TN was only once put into Tamil Ealem due to stand of Mr Rajiv Gandhi's stand for IPKF but even then it was from LTTE and not from TN.

I Hope Bipan Chandra's India Since Independence is good enough source ..see page 395 . For better details read Mj Akbar's Siege Within . Rest of your post is rhetorical flush which Indians on this forum indulge quite often .

It might have been better if you read a lil bit of Indian history first .Tamil Nadu had a very significant sepratist movement in 50s and early 60s .

You got it. Move to 2040 - this will read "Kashmir HAD a separatist movement in 90's & 2000's. :victory:

I am very much aware of the demand for Dravidistan ; The root cause for this was the lack of equal rights amongst the lower-caste of Society which led to the fructuation of the Self-Respect movement. However, I believe that our Forefathers were extremely tolerant and also far-sighted in the sense that they saw a viable carrot to quiet down the movement ; The first is in creating the States Reorganization Act to separate Tamil Nadu linguistically from the fringe states of the Dravidistan movement. The second was in contesting the TN assembly elections which defeated the very purpose of secession from India.

I think you missed the real take-away from the Dravidistan movement. Which is this : Movements that are based on Religion, Caste, Language or Race rather than on equal Human rights are ALWAYS bound to fail. Once the Dravidistan movement was splintered from the Self-Respect movement, and once that movement was quelled by both a bigger carrot (A separate state of Tamil Nadu) and a smaller stick(Sixteenth Amendment), you have only narrow objectives for a narrow vision. Why do you think Bangladesh was formed ? It was due to the utter deprivation of Human rights and moral bankruptcy shown by Yahya Khan and his cohorts on East Pakistan.

My point was not about sustainablity or sucess of sepratism .A lot of sepratist movements might fail but that hardly means that all movements will neccesarily fail . My post was in reply to a lot of posters here who mocked that there was sepratism in Tamil nadu ...Some even claimed that they have never heard about that .

My point was not about sustainablity or sucess of sepratism .A lot of sepratist movements might fail but that hardly means that all movements will neccesarily fail . My post was in reply to a lot of posters here who mocked that there was sepratism in Tamil nadu ...Some even claimed that they have never heard about that .

Believe me, they are saying truth. I have never heard about it too. Why? because unlike the person in your avatar, we are YOUNG. we have grown over the shortcomings of past, and National Integration is very very strong now, stronger than ever. We as a nation has grown and we take pride in our efforts...in being Indians.

oh you want me to get my facts right, but you are the one acting naive, aid is not begged it is granted, it is money which is begged, so first you need to get your English right then your facts right cuz every one gets Aid, just google Foreign Aid to India, you will know :lol:

:cheers:

i never seen my pm applying for help, i never seem our fm in un for seeking aid.
yes aid is granted but for pakistan it not true

From where you are seeing it will surely be seen as "Shame" as tag India is attached.

Trust me, wht eva you are feeling we feel worst

If somebody compare our army with Kenya.. Is that our problem? Moreover, We as Indian, compare ourselves with China not you. This is you who are obsessed with widening gap of Indian and Pakistani armed forces. Go search today's posts.

Yeah right and we compare ourself with USA, geme a break:lol:

Regarding Human right violation. If killing a rioter is required for peace of others then I am ok with that.

And also raping them is required you are ok with that too?? and what about killing children,

Oh am I forgetting smthn, what about the recent news in which kashmiri Boys were forced to walk naked by indian security forces, dont tell me you are ok with that too

And Thanks for your recognition.. yes we are 2nd fastest growing economy.

Oh sorry my bad, Turkey is the the 2nd Fastest growing economy in the world, better luck next time

Oh we were also considered as the world fastest growing economy once,

Believe me, they are saying truth. I have never heard about it too. Why? because unlike the person in your avatar, we are YOUNG. we have grown over the shortcomings of past, and National Integration is very very strong now, stronger than ever. We as a nation has grown and we take pride in our efforts...in being Indians.

It is the pic of Syed Ali Shah Geelani and Im not that much old ..Just turned 25 this year.

i never seen my pm applying for help, i never seem our fm in un for seeking aid.
yes aid is granted but for pakistan it not true

Oh so now Pakistan is different??, obviously if the world have a blind eye on Pakistan where 20 million people were effected so somebody have to stood up, even USA got aid in Hurricane Katrina,
Hurricane Katrina international aid response (most recent) by country

world 5th most disastrous hurricane and the aid was plenty, so cant the world give some aid to the victim of the world most devastating disaster in decades??, oh wait a sec, in the case of Pakistan we have to first show them the damage isnt it

Think like a human not an Indian for once

What you missed in the broader part of the "Penny wise ; Pound Foolish" mentality is a very important point ; The Dravidistan movement was never violent ; We never saw Violence as a theme for the protests towards Dravidistan ; This gave a moral plank for the oppressed party to demand their rights as they seemed fit. What we see in Kashmir is a wanton cruelty and downright implacable attitude of the Sunni majority in Kashmir (the main bastion of the Separatists) which leads to such a reaction by GoI.

I Hope Bipan Chandra's India Since Independence is good enough source ..see page 395 . For better details read Mj Akbar's Siege Within . Rest of your post is rhetorical flush which Indians on this forum indulge quite often .

I have to read Mr Bipan Chandra's books so no discussion the same but the first impression about him is he is hardcore Marxist whose histry is always different from mainstream historians.

MJ Akabar's Sige within is chain of articles published in ToI. I tried his blog but didn't find anything. If you have link and Book you may publish here, we all can read.

Rest all may look a rhetorical flush to you but I can't help here as I can't twist the facts. Anyways I feel the same when a Pakistani comments on Kashmir.

Never underestimate the power of people..Russia once also saw itself invicible and took pride on the "soviet" indentity. Indian ideas of nationalism also reel from same legacy and there is a possibility no matter how little of them meeting the same fate!

the same rule apply for Pakistan we know power of people example is BD

I have to read Mr Bipan Chandra's books so no discussion the same but the first impression about him is he is hardcore Marxist whose histry is always different from mainstream historians.

MJ Akabar's Sige within is chain of articles published in ToI. I tried his blog but didn't find anything. If you have link and Book you may publish here, we all can read.

Rest all may look a rhetorical flush to you but I can't help here as I can't twist the facts. Anyways I feel the same when a Pakistani comments on Kashmir.

It is a book also published much earlier perhaps you can order it from M J AKBAR : Books by M J Akbar... Bipin chandra is not hardcore Marxist infact he criticizes Indian left on thier opposition to Mr. Gandhi However he utilizes marxist method albiet with some qualifications . Morever it is not about his interpretation but facts,which im sure you can easily dig out in this age of google . BTW you are talking to a Kashmiri from Sopore living in Srinagar .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom