What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
At Pakistan’s insistence, independence was not included as an option.

You forgot to bold out this part. I am doing it for you.

This is just a vague article. - Cherry picking both sides can justify their position.

But I would like the attention be kept on 2 other parts:

A recent survey conducted by a researcher at Chatham House, a research institute in London, found that no more than 7 percent of people in the most anti-India areas wanted Kashmir to join Pakistan

So this essentially becomes a two way dispute between Kashmiris and Indians and it needs to be solved diplomatically.

The maharajah, a polo-loving playboy named Hari Singh, wanted independence, but faced with an invasion by tribal Pathans from Pakistan he agreed to join India in exchange for military help.

So the Kashmiris had wat they wanted in the beginning and Pakistan was the root cause of all troubles.

if they (indian) are big democracy so why they are not giving them(kashmiris) right to chose there way where ever they(kashmiri) want to go...... what a **** ???

if they (indian) are big democracy so why they are not giving them(kashmiris) right to chose there way where ever they(kashmiri) want to go...... what a **** ???

That is because there is something called territorial integrity and accountability to the thousands of soldiers whose blood has been spilled for the purpose.

Kashmir is only for people of kashmir totally agree with Gilani... In these so call 63 years india is still trying to bully them you cannot silence people by guns it's totally a fail method.. inidan must realize this soon so later they don't have to pay something big in return

Kashmir is only for people of kashmir totally agree with Gilani... In these so call 63 years india is still trying to bully them you cannot silence people by guns it's totally a fail method.. inidan must realize this soon so later they don't have to pay something big in return

Thanks for the advice...We will ensure that we don't have to pay anything in return...Kashmir issue will be solved politically and things will improve sooner or later for good...

this is not surprising after it has come from a man like gilani, the man has always hurled abuses on India, and has even supported the burning and stomping of our flag, he is a brain washer

Last edited:
That is because there is something called territorial integrity and accountability to the thousands of soldiers whose blood has been spilled for the purpose.

i think if u call ur self big democrsy so do something for democrsy neither for human been nor for arrogance just for democrsy just start election for peace there option should be (1) Independence (2) wana go with Pakistan (3) wana be with india
they will tell u wht they want ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, !!

Well....whatever the technicalities are. This is certainly not the right time for jumping up & down.

When there is a huge humanitarian problem in Pakistan and India has just offered 5 mn $, Pakistan could and should have refrained from such talks. This is what is called tunnel vision.

P.S. --> Please do not take my comments as India is showing arrogance over money offered to Pakistan. This is surely not the case. My point is, this is not the right time for these kind of diplomatic rants.

My prayers and sympathies are with the victims.
After showing arrogance You smartly put a line Please dont not take my comment as blah blah blah.........

Thanks for the advice...We will ensure that we don't have to pay anything in return...Kashmir issue will be solved politically and things will improve sooner or later for good...

Np all we ask for referendum in kashmir nothing more ....

So do we say Baluchistan should be independent - whats the point?

You come to Kashmir, we come to Baluchistan and later at Sindh - who gives..
Those are not disputed territories....

That is what Indians were saying ten years ago too, and this time around it is those who have benefited from 'developmental activities' -college students, professionals etc. - who are part and parcel of the protests.

Ive never understoof why Kashmir should be a part of Pakistan or Independent.Protestors should leave the land and get compensated by Pakistan who can gift them land in their own backyard.

Problem solved.

Another solution. Give J&K or areas of Kashmir Valley independence. Make the rest of the area as part of India....

Well....whatever the technicalities are. This is certainly not the right time for jumping up & down.

When there is a huge humanitarian problem in Pakistan and India has just offered 5 mn $, Pakistan could and should have refrained from such talks. This is what is called tunnel vision.

P.S. --> Please do not take my comments as India is showing arrogance over money offered to Pakistan. This is surely not the case. My point is, this is not the right time for these kind of diplomatic rants.

My prayers and sympathies are with the victims.

read the article carefully, we are talking about the speech of sayid gilani, not the pakistani minister

Pakistan is worried about Kashimiri people but not thier own Loll

"Minorities denied flood relief in Pakistan"

<i>Earlier this week, members of Pakistan's Ahmadiyya community, who were caught up in the raging floods around the Central Punjab town of Muzaffargarh, were not rescued from their homes because rescuers felt that Muslims must be given priority. Ahmadiyyas are ostracized by Pakistan's mainstream nuslims community who consider them to be non-believers. In 1973 this community was officially declared a minority. Since then the discrimination against them has been severe.</i>

This is real shame!
May we know the link.......

Back
Top Bottom