What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
any sane voice can surely see that they sure as hell aint' your people!!

all you gotta do is follow the news and know the ground realities.....in fact, 3 Kashmiris were shot dead yesterday if I'm not mistaken.

fanning the flames, one Kashmiri martyr at a time. I personally feel Pakistan must take some kind of action, as the people in Azad Kashmir are also becoming increasingly angry over hindustany atrocities

You don't have the capability. Its nothing but a wet dream. You have tried it with Kargi war and you see what happened to your NLI.

mate i will tell u in simple and clear words kashmir is here to stay with INDIA it aint going anywhere from india
wat ever may be the end result

Who know's anythink can happen.....when the Black people were the slaves of America....they did not have the belief of free rights...but over time things begun to change...and now we have a Black American President.....so it is possible.

lol tumhari jal gayi itne me. rote raho kashmir nahi milne wala.

English please....its against the forum rules to use Hindi or Urdu when debating on a discussion thread.

Yet Pakistan occupied Kashmir...does not have the level of protests...in which we see in Indian occupied Kashmir.....in where the security forces are forced to use guns. So for all that development in which you are supposedly saying, seems to have gone to waste...as the end product is not there.

You may want to read this

Dr Shabir Choudhry's blog: They are angry because I promote a pro Kashmir agenda

besides the recent report from EU parliament on the comparison between 2 parts of Kashmir

Who know's anythink can happen.....when the Black people were the slaves of America....they did not have the belief of free rights...but over time things begun to change...and now we have a Black American President.....so it is possible.

ok we will see tat, till tat enjoy indian kashmir :)

oh in B/W i dont mind kahmiri as indian prime minister he has every right to be

Black people didn't get a separate country. In India we will welcome a kashmiri president or P,M but will not give a separate country.:D

That picture is NOT of Kashmir. Its of Lebanon (not even Palestinian), a Hezbollah mourning procession. There is a Lebanese flag in the background. Geez, when will people ever learn! Using such images to stoke further unrest is despicable and downright cheap. But then what else can one expect from people with ulterior motives!

As for rest of the article, WHATEVER! You people keep your hopes high.

What else they can do other than recycling photos from Palestine, lebanon and other places. This is the same kind of brainwashing used by militant and terrorist organizations by showing unrelated pictures and instigating people. But then we have seen all these and we have teached humility. They will mend ways or perish one or the other day.

Karan welcome back to PDF. My reply was to a Indian poster, who claimed that Pakistan paid a person to be overexcited, so I was wondering where he got that idea from. It could be a wannabe group, but there are elements in Kuwait, that are supporting the freedom of Kashmir....so it is a start, as slowly more sympathy will go to the Kashmiri people.

Thanks GS. Paid thing seems a bit far fetched. However why Kuwait, there are people within India that support freedom for Kashmir. As a matter of fact I had dinner with one of them today. His perspective though was around reducing the expense GoI incurs on Kashmir. But then such individual or small time group opinions do not matter in the larger scheme of things.

For example, people have been branding Pakistan as a terrorist nation in far larger numbers than this. Doesnt change a thing for Pakistan.. Does it..

If you look at it a little more objectively (difficult due to our affiliations with India and Pakistan respectively) the retraction of fake UN Sec Gen's statement of Kashmir and even Kofi Annan's statement a few years back, really sets the tone on how the world views this.

But the posturing from both sides will continue, without much changing on the ground

Black people didn't get a separate country. In India we will welcome a kashmiri president or P,M but will not give a separate country.:D

People always try to compare oranges to apples and in the process gets their panties in a bunch :lol:. Kashmiris have all the equal rights just as any other Indian citizen even right to protest (peaceful ones) and freedom of speech. So, comparing them to Black slaves is utter dishonesty.

Black people didn't get a separate country. In India we will welcome a kashmiri president or P,M but will not give a separate country.

Well for starters Black people never wanted a separate state...just more rights....and it took them a long time., but they achieved it. The same determination if used by the Kashmiri people, can eventually give there freedom and dream of a separate state.

As a matter of fact I had dinner with one of them today. His perspective though was around reducing the expense GoI incurs on Kashmir. But then such individual or small time group opinions do not matter in the larger scheme of things.

If he spoke that openly in India....would he get harrased for being a traitor...because his views are not pro Indian.....I am just curious to know the answer to this.

For example, people have been branding Pakistan as a terrorist nation in far larger numbers than this. Doesnt change a thing for Pakistan.. Does it..

Actually it does Karan...it puts pressure on Pakistan...to contain terrorism....and in some cases sanction could be levied....if the International community does brand it a terrorist nation.

If he spoke that openly in India....would he get harrased for being a traitor...because his views are not pro Indian.
No he wont be. As I said, there are people who think that Kashmir is not worth the trouble. Specially in a world where size and economic might are not linked. But those people are a very small group who has no say in the over all sentiment of 1.2 billion people

Actually it does Karan...it puts pressure on Pakistan...to contain terrorism....and in some cases sanction could be levied....if the International community does brand it a terrorist nation.
Lots of difference between International community (govts of countries) and a few people/groups within those countries

If he spoke that openly in India....would he get harrased for being a traitor...because his views are not pro Indian.....I am just curious to know the answer to this.

Where do You live do you not know about Arundhati Roy . read about her . Buddy India is also a democracy therefore we didn't cry much over difference of opinion .

Ummeed pe duniya Kaayam hai. Koshish karte raho.

Quick Comparison of the ground situation from the day Indian forces got involved to the day Cease fire was declared.

The day Indian forces got involved : 27th Oct 1947

300px-J%26K02low.jpg

Cease Fire line: 27 Nov 1948
300px-J%26K10low.jpg

So not too much in the claim of capturing 1/3rd of the region despite Indian Army's involvement. MOst of the land Pakistan holds is what it captured before Maharaja of Kashmir came into the Indian fold. Actually post that while Pakistan gained in the remote Northern areas, it got pushed back in the valley

And about East Pakistan, Pakistan being cut off is no excuse. Is it? Pakistan should have planned for managing a remote province. It wasnt as if Pakistan realized a day before that they had something called East Pakistan that was geographically cut off from the mainland.

Was that an own goal? Since the gains made by Pakistan in the North, despite entering the conflict after the Indian forces had already taken apart much of the rag tag tribal opposition, are pretty clear and clearly larger than the gains made by Indian forces in the East.

The province was remote and on the other side of India - logistically keeping it supplied during a conflict was a nightmare - a developed and economically powerful nation might be able to spend the kinds of money necessary to raise two identical armies, air forces and navies, and the infrastructure to maintain them, but that is simply not possible for a developing nation to do, whether India (even with its current economic growth, let along in 1971) or Pakistan.

So the point remains - India's major successes have been in regions that were geographically cut off from Pakistan but attached to India.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom