What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Just look at the way reporting is done in Pakistan, they have written ' A Muslim policemen'. These people cannot write anything without looking at religion. By the way let them celebrate, some idiots do not know why they are doing something, I would have understood if it was some none Kashmiri. Omar is a great leader and PDP is after him because of that, it's all politics she just want to win next election. After the election everything will be normal trust me.
Wasn't indian member laughing and jumping over a shoe news of zardari.....We laughed together there then whats the problem here?? I would say Hypocracy.

Just look at the way reporting is done in Pakistan, they have written ' A Muslim policemen'. These people cannot write anything without looking at religion. By the way let them celebrate, some idiots do not know why they are doing something, I would have understood if it was some none Kashmiri. Omar is a great leader and PDP is after him because of that, it's all politics she just want to win next election. After the election everything will be normal trust me.

Well Pakistanis I meet always have a heart attack when I tell them that the local J&K police is almost 70% muslim and that the J&K light infantry regiment is similarly almost 60-70% muslim. The CRPF or BSF or the ITBP ofcourse is another story as the last two are for border duties while CRPF poorly trained as it is, is used mainly for crowd control.

I don't think Omar has proven that he is great just yet. That's like calling Rahul Ghandhi great when he has not done anything. It is the crisis that makes a leader. Lot will depend on how he comes out of this. For the Kashmiri people's sake I hope he turns a page and becomes one.

Omar forgives shoe thrower, orders his release

Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah says he has forgiven a police Head Constable who threw a shoe at him on Independence Day and has ordered his release.

A suspended Head Constable from Jammu and Kashmir, Ahad Jan, hurled a shoe at Omar at the Independence Day function in Srinagar on Sunday. It was an unexpected attack soon after Omar unfurled the national flag. (Read: Who is Ahad Jan? | (See Pics: Other shoe hurling incidents)

The Chief Minister had tried to take it in his stride, "I have no regrets that today as soon as I came a person shouted slogans. But if it's a shoe today, and not a stone in our hands, it couldn't be better." (Video Special: Shoe attacks - hits and misses)

An embarrassed security apparatus says the constable had been suspended, but can't seem to explain how he managed to get into the high security VIP corner and target the chief minister.

So what..we have plenty of Americans working in my firm (TATA) alone...does that mean US will listen to watever India says..? lol at ur logic
You’re comparing the USA with superpaw-er India and Tata with Kuwait, Lullz @ your soberness!

Despite the fact:
He is raising voice towards UN not directly asking India to do anything

nor any country will listen to the dummy group's statement.
How come you can anticipate that?

And it was u who said abt half a million indians working in Kuwait..i just paid u back in ur own coin.

He says he doesn’t give a sh!t about the American working in Tata, can you say the same about the Indians working in Kuwait? Do you think the Americans-in-Tata and Indians-in-Kuwait thing is a vis-à-vis situation? A negative answer to these statements would mean you badly failed at ‘paying him back in his own coin’.

You could have avoided the embarrassment by not dragging the US into this discussion though!
:cheers:

See I know Omar for long, he is very mature person and has honest intentions, politicians do not like such persons and hence try to malign them. It was expected from him and same thing Bush could have done.

Needed to be hospitalised for the torture he rxd

civfanatic, use a balanced approach for once. He was roughly moved and beaten when being moved out of the parade ground forcibly. He was not beaten in police custody or tortured. His lawyer himself says that. So please stop spreading these lies.

Listen for yourself what HIS lawyer has to say. Watche the video with the lawyer alking to a Kashmiri reporter below.
Internet campaign for shoe thrower Ahad Jan

@mjnaushad I was pointing the use of word Muslim by paper. Just tells how religion comes everywhere.

Funny thing is he (CM ) dont know whats happening......Lol

We bore our flag, our divided, yet bound Patriots never flinch when there respected flag is hoisted.

Just imagine what would of had happened if someone had thrown a shoe at your most honest politician, while flag hoisting.?
We already know his pants would of dropped before the shoe would hit the ground. :azn:

The Hindu : News / National : Shoe-thrower moved by Omar's Ramzan gift

Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Tuesday pardoned suspended head constable Abdul Ahad Jan who had flung a shoe towards him during a function and ordered his release.

Mr. Abdullah also ordered the police to withdraw the case against Jan.

Releasing Jan on extremely compassionate grounds, Mr. Abdullah called him to his residence and gave him a patient hearing after which he directed his office to accompany him to his native village so that he could be with his family members during the fasting month, an official spokesman said.

Jan was taken into custody immediately after he hurled a shoe towards the Chief Minister while he was taking the salute from marching contingents after unfurling the national tricolour during the official Independence Day function in Srinagar on August 15.

The Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister said “the Holy month of Ramzan teaches us to be compassionate and forgive everyone. My steps are in conformity with teachings of Islam which does not preach hatred but only love and brotherhood.”

Omar hugged Jan and ordered the police to release him.

The suspended cop also profusely thanked the Chief Minister.

Visibly moved by Mr. Abdullah’s gesture, Jan became emotional and tears rolled down his cheeks after his meeting with the Chief Minister. Jan was equally thrilled to know that the Chief Minister was making arrangements to fly him out by the State helicopter to his native village in Ajjas in Bandipore.

The shoe flung by Jan missed the target but an unfazed Omar referred to the incident in his speech and said “It is the best way to protest. It is better to raise slogans and hurl shoes but avoid stone pelting.”

As many as 15 policemen were suspended pending inquiry after the incident.

Jan, who was suspended in May after a criminal case was registered against him, has been chargesheeted in two cases of extortion and being drunk during duty hours.

ALeqM5gfbLDdhI1oHiydKrJSCqUxa0OxZQ

Last edited:
Utter nonesense, if people do not want policemen to enter their religious place they should not do politics there.

Point is, they weren't police but soldiers. Even so if they were "doing politics there" a sacred religious shrine should be respected.

All they need is freedom from Indian Imperialism.

All they need is freedom from Indian Imperialism.

India needn't worry as according to one of the threads here, the Taliban is with India. That will take care of Pak.

Touched a nerve have we? What happened to freedom of speech in the worlds biggest democracy?

Freedom of speech is only for Patriotic law abiding Indians...not for paid stone throwing separatists. :rolleyes:

You’re comparing the USA with superpaw-er India and Tata with Kuwait, Lullz @ your soberness!

Despite the fact:

How come you can anticipate that?

He says he doesn’t give a sh!t about the American working in Tata, can you say the same about the Indians working in Kuwait? Do you think the Americans-in-Tata and Indians-in-Kuwait thing is a vis-à-vis situation? A negative answer to these statements would mean you badly failed at ‘paying him back in his own coin’.

You could have avoided the embarrassment by not dragging the US into this discussion though!
:cheers:

lol buddy if u cant understand a simple "analogy" (not comparison) then there is nothing i could help u in...:wave:

Back
Top Bottom