What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Maybe some Pakistanis do, but GoP offcial position is not for independnace. Infact, it was on GoP insistence that the independance option was removed from the plebescite option.

Exactly, its all crocodile tears. All they want is access to Valley and ability to control rivers that flow into it.

Exactly, its all crocodile tears. All they want is access to Valley and ability to control rivers that flow into it.

We want the kashmiris to exercise their right to self-determination - who they choose and why is up to them. India is free to define her and our motives as she sees fit, and we are free to define our and India's motives as we see fit, and the Kashmiris can decide.

There is nothing 'crocodilian' about this - its a clear argument of letting the Kashmiris choose the nation they wish to belong to in a plebiscite, as promised them by the Governor General of India at accession, and committed to by India through support of the UNSC resolutions.

Fundamentally what the UN resolutions say is "Let the people decide on their own through a vote".

Only India rejects that, Pakistan and the Kashmiris are in agreement with it.

UNSC resolutions give only option of acceding to India or Pakistan. Has no provision for Independence. If one goes by recent surveys, only 2% of Indian J&K want's to join Pakistan. So, Pakistan can forget about Kashmir's accession to it.

day dreams r harmful,anotherwise as u wish:argh::argh::argh:

if you dont have anything to say then dont post............... even now UN asked indians not to use/hide under thier equipment........

:pakistan:

Dude, If someway down the line muslims become majority in Caucasian and christian London and force them to move out of their land, attack security forces and demand for independence, will you relinquish your control over london ?
That is a nonsensical argument - Muslims have been in the majority in Kashmir for hundreds of years, and they are not immigrants who moved there. Even when the Kashmiris were not Muslim, they were Kashmiris, and converted from whatever faith they had before that. Nor were Kashmiris ever a part of an Indian State, since the Indian State itself only came into being in 1947.

Its hypocritical tone by Pakistan demanding freedom of kashmir whereas criticizing Israel which has done same with Palestinians.
Another nonsensical argument - the Israelis are in large part comprised of immigrant Jews, who have displaced the local population in many areas and taken over their land. That does not apply to the Kashmiris, Muslim or otherwise, since they are the indigenous inhabitants of that land. Converting to another faith is not the same as immigrants from another faith moving in and displacing the indigenous peoples.
Other muslim world understands that therefore no one is with Pakistan on this.
I believe the OIC is with Pakistan on this, as are most Muslim nations. However, no one is interested in getting into a conflict on behalf of another nation, since it does not directly affect them.
China's claim on any island/territory is based on han chinese immigrating to that land before any other civilization. So if it supports Pakistan on Kashmir, it will make its stand hypocritical as Hindus were the rightful owners of Kashmir before Arab invaders. Thus Chinese silence.
I do not know enough about Chinese claims on those issues, but that is off topic. You can discuss it with Chinese posters in another thread.

US peace keeping force is still present in Kashmir (I think so!) May be the picture belongs to them.
US peacekeeping force in Indian Occupied Kashmir??

When did that happen? if you are talking about UN peace keeping force in IHK then please prove if there was any in the first place.

Anyways, everyone knows that Indian army/CPRF is stationed in Kashmir... whats the need for wearing UN equipment?

And regarding India using UN equipment?
They might be Indian forces with UN, I don't think Indian army or infact any country's army is short of equipment!

There is NO UN peacekeeping force in Indian occupied Kashmir hence your lame excuse is a bundle of lies.

This also proves that India is defaming UN by using its equipment to kill innocent people in occupied country Kashmir.

UN should take note of it

Because we don't want the terrorists from IA pollute them with their dirty presence. Got it.

Good excuse. Then why dont you keep shut and not talk about the UNSC resolution untill you'hv implemented it yourself. Got IT?

It is not merely based on the 'whim and fancy' of the UN, the Governor General of India promised a plebiscite when accession was signed, and India herself accepted the argument of plebiscite in the UN, on the basis of which the UNSC resolutions were passed.

In fact, in the case of Junagadh, where the ruler clearly acceded to India, and India invaded and occupied Pakistani territory, India justifies her annexation of Junagadh by pointing to the 'referendum' she held in Junagadh, in which the majority chose India.

The two faced stance here is therefore that of India's - India held a referendum after invading and occupying Junagadh to claim legitimacy, and refuses to do so in Kashmir, despite agreeing to it via the UNSC resolutions.

Let me quote an excerpt from the following book and mistakes Pakistani leaders made with respect to Junagadh, Kashmir and Hyderabad.

Once again, however, Jinnah failed to explore all the options open to him. One possibility was to make compromises over another Princely State, Hyderabad. The Muslim ruler or nizam of Hyderabad faced the same dilemma as Maharaja Hari Singh. He wanted independence but was far from sure he could achieve it. Jinnah understood that it was never realistic to expect the nizam to accede to Pakistan: Hyderabad was entirely surrounded by Indian territory. But he always hoped that the nizam could pull off independence. He considered Hyderabad to be the ‘oldest Muslim dynasty in India’ and hoped that its continued existence as an independent state right in the heart of India would provide a sense of security for those Muslims who didn’t move to Pakistan. Once again, however, Jinnah was thinking in terms of legally possible options rather than political realities. In the long term the independence of Hyderabad, while constitutionally proper, was never going to happen. The new Indian leadership saw the issue clearly enough and when the nizam tried to strike a deal which would allow him to hang on to some degree of autonomy, Delhi flatly refused to consider the idea.

In retrospect most Pakistanis would agree that it would have been worth abandoning the aspiration for an independent Hyderabad if it had meant securing Kashmir’s accession to Pakistan. Furthermore, Jinnah had good reason to believe that such a deal could have been struck. In late November 1947 Nehru and Liaquat Ali Khan met to discuss the situation in Kashmir. To understand their conversation it is first necessary to consider briefly what had happened in yet another Princely State, Junagadh.

The Muslim nawab of Junagadh ruled over a million people, 80 per cent of them Hindus. Junagadh was located in western India and, even though it was not strictly contiguous with Pakistan, its coastline offered the possibility of sea links to the Muslim state that was just 200 miles away. The nawab of Junagadh, guided by his pro-Pakistani chief minister Sir Shah Nawaz Bhutto (the father of Zulfikar Ali Bhutto), decided to ignore the feelings of his Hindu population and acceded to Pakistan. It was the mirror image of the situation in Kashmir. The Indian government did not accept the decision, blockaded Junagadh and then invaded it. Delhi then imposed a plebiscite and secured the result it desired: Junagadh became part of India. When Liaquat Ali Khan met Nehru at the end of November he exposed the illogicality of India’s position. If Junagadh, despite its Muslim rulers’ accession to Pakistan, belonged to India because of its Hindu majority, then Kashmir surely belonged to Pakistan. When Liaquat Ali Kahn made this incontrovertible point his Indian interlocutor, Sardar Patel, could not contain himself and burst out: ‘Why do you compare Junagadh with Kashmir? Talk of Hyderabad and Kashmir and we could reach agreement.’ Patel was not alone in this view. On 29 October 1947 officials at the American embassy in Delhi had told the US State Department: ‘the obvious solution is for the government leaders in Pakistan and India to agree … [to the] accession of Kashmir to Pakistan and the accession of Hyderabad and Junagadh to India’. British officials in London concurred.

Source: Pakistan: Eye of the Storm - Owen Bennett Jones

Page 68-69

If Liaqat Ali would have agreed for Hyderabad's accession unequivocally, Kashmir would have been Pakistan's but Liaqat Ali was greedy and impractical and the results are there for every one to see.

Last edited:
US peacekeeping force in Indian Occupied Kashmir??

When did that happen? if you are talking about UN peace keeping force in IHK then please prove if there was any in the first place.

There is NO UN peacekeeping force in Indian occupied Kashmir hence your lame excuse is a bundle of lies.

This also proves that India is defaming UN by using its equipment to kill innocent people in occupied country Kashmir.

UN should take note of it

"US" is a typo ... I thought given the context everyone is intelligent enough to infer it from the picture and topic!

Lame excuse? Last time I checked there are UN offices in J&K ...

For those who ask me to read the link posted ... sorry for my ignorance ... arabic/persian (as the google translator says) is not my forte :)

Regarding the killing of people ... if you look at the facts ... no of people who have succumbed to injuries are more ... I wonder if the separatists have a hand in that (I said I wonder ... because I acknowledge unlike few that there are certain facts that are not known to everyone)

And anyways ... I feel sorry for them ... they are just ruining their life .... India in no condition is going to let an integral part of it to be taken away! (Yes! it is an integral part ... all those reasonings you are going to come up would be conspiracy theories :pop:)

"US" is a typo ... I thought given the context everyone is intelligent enough to infer it from the picture and topic!

Lame excuse? Last time I checked there are UN offices in J&K ...

For those who ask me to read the link posted ... sorry for my ignorance ... arabic/persian (as the google translator says) is not my forte :)

Regarding the killing of people ... if you look at the facts ... no of people who have succumbed to injuries are more ... I wonder if the separatists have a hand in that (I said I wonder ... because I acknowledge unlike few that there are certain facts that are not known to everyone)

And anyways ... I feel sorry for them ... they are just ruining their life .... India in no condition is going to let an integral part of it to be taken away! (Yes! it is an integral part ... all those reasonings you are going to come up would be conspiracy theories :pop:)

conspiracy theories ????? i think you need to study history ... Kashmir is not an integral part of India. there are more then 18 UNO resulotions on it... there is no border in Kashmir its LOC ..........

Greater Pakistan is the final solution...... get ready for it :pakistan:

conspiracy theories ????? i think you need to study history ... Kashmir is not an integral part of India. there are more then 18 UNO resulotions on it... there is no border in Kashmir its LOC ..........

Greater Pakistan is the final solution...... get ready for it :pakistan:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Indian Terrorist Army/puppet force hiding behind UN blue Helmets to kill Kashmiris.

:tdown: this also shows that how much the force is cunning.

Not much worse than the paid stone pelters hiding behind women skirts so that the security personnel will not take action against them.

Bloody cunning of them too.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom