What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
These bodies are may be of your so called freedom fighters whom you sent to the kargil and when we shot their @ss you denied to take them back. And with no other option we had to send them down the earth.

The "so called freedom fight" happened at kargil and bodies we are talking about are scattered all around the occupied valley, you would've come with a better excuse then this, read the article and statements of the wittiness and view of the author.

who had foots pope up to thier @sses by whom is quite clear by looking at the out come of the operation from "bahadur saina" which hardly able to recapture dozen of posts out of more then 130 before Clinton come to their rescue, don't drag the topic to another subject.

And, Will Pakistan let live Kashmir a, without interfering in it?

If there is a free and fair plebiscite in Kashmir (hopefully monitored by the UN), both India and Pakistan must accept the decision.

i don't think so.

As always, what you think is irrelevant. The only thing that matters is what the Kashmiris think.

when i was a kid, you could do nothng, now what will you do?
:rofl:

Kill, no wonder.

:usflag::coffee::pop:

And yet your media blames Pakistan everytime there is a traffic accident in India. :rofl:

We really have you guys spooked... :rofl:

Rising Kashmir, Daily Newspaper, Srinagar Jammu and Kashmir - 30 CRPF companies withdrawn, 5 Police battalions to be raised: DGP

Srinagar, August 23: Ruling out immediate release of detained separatist leaders, Director General Police, Kuldeep Khoda on Sunday said 30 companies of CRPF have been pulled out from Central and South Kashmir while New Delhi has agreed to raise five more battalions of police.
Quoting Khoda, local news agency KNS, said separatists could not be released since they disturb daily lives of people.
The DGP said if separatists stop annoying people then government could rethink whether to release them or not.
He said 30 companies of CRPF have been pulled back while 18 new companies of Jammu Kashmir Armed Police and IRP have been deployed in Srinagar and Baramulla.
DGP said police had committed some mistakes during anti-insurgency operations which lead to law and order problem. He said the authorities have now decided to keep separate 18 companies of police to look after law and order problem.
He said centre has agreed to their request of raising more battalions of police. Khooa said to begin with, five more battalions of police would be raised.

promises, promises, promises.

And regarding release.
to little too late.

another Indian trick.

I support Kashmir freedom, if people of pakistan support Srilankan Tamil, Tibet, Taiwan, Freedom.., after all each people has right to choose their way of living and freedom... but somehow., these people only support kashmir, and turns a blind eye for Srilankan Tamil and Tibet.,

How can we suport in Srilanks where you prime minster was gun butted due manily to your interferance.

watch the video.

http://sangam.org/taraki/articles/2006/images/Rajiv1987hit.jpg

in Tibet your are harboring a guy who's family ruled Tibet for centuries and what did they do. No Tibetan were allowed to talked to this guy unless he crawled for 1oo meters.

Read on.

Dalai Lama's utter distortion of Tibet history

Taiwan is an integral part of china it was and it is, what and how chines like to rule their country id their bussiness and with present progressess that china had mae are an envy to the wolrd and there fore people of differant srripes wnat to see china fail, too bad for those nincumpoops, shina will remain steadfast and will emerge as a power to be contend wirh.

too long Chinese has been taken advantage of, their achievements taken and used by others to make their names too long Chinese have to suffer from opium addiction introduced in their society by others, they want to be masters of their fate and no one should have objection to it.

china has shown a class act in Hong Kong and there is no reason it will fail in Taiwan if all is done peacefully based on historical facts and ground realities.

Imagine the other option of war, it would not only destroy Asia, but the whole world, so be wise and do the right thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
In all honesty - its a hard pill to swallow for us Indians - Kashmiris want FREEDOM! Not India, surely not Pakistan, but total Freedom! I know its hard for some members to digest, but that's the (ugly)truth!
I really find it hard to reconcile Kashmiri Pundits and Kashmiri Sufi Islam existing peacefully within Pakistan society, as of today. (not a flame bait, trolls refrain please)
And trust me, I know!

Really appriciate the spirit you showed in your post really indian mass should think about what you have observed, but i have a question, Care to explain "Kashmiri Sufi Islam", i only know one Islam, kindly note that thier is nothing like sufi islam or redical islam or SULFI islam, its only islam and mulsim a system and its followers an entity and it paradigm

Sufism in Islam is closer spiritual dimension of a well practitioner of Islamic shariya, a special person who further seeks Allah's pleasure by denying the luxuries of life but only for himself and his “chosen” companions, it’s like a special course and not every one is eligible for it, it has its own prerequisites.

Sufism is a subset of Islamic teachings, and it is absolutely different from monk-ism way of life or Paul-ism version of leaving the normal life behind the monastery walls and denying self respect, Sufis and saints are all about self respect, Sufis of Islam have over the years emerged as not only the spiritual inspirations which can be observed in people like hazrat Sultan Baho,Hazrat Fareed Gunj, Hazrat Lal Shaibaz Qalander but they also as the influential political leaders and even freedom fighter of their time like Mujadid ALif sani, Sha Waliillah ,Imam Shamil, Fakir Aibee and other uncountable personalities, who were regard at the same time as the spiritual and political figures to follow.

People have to stop believe about the myth that the Sufism only means acceptance of dominance of the occupier, it is an old imperial way of thinking and if we glance through he history we’ll find many emperors in their times promoted Buddhism and similar ideologies as state religion because they thought the actual essence of these type of ideologies will help them ruling over the mass which is made to believe that to deny the human nature of getting attract to freedom is a part of their religion and that the IMPOSED ruler has right to suppress them because it is the process of purifying from the bad deeds they commit in their life, this or previous, with all due respect with other faiths and their teachings, Sufism in Islam is light years away from these perceptions it focuses on relation between man and his creator that Allah and make him absolute immune from other materialist medium, it is all about fortitude of spiritual freedom 1st and to reach that point freedom is the quintessence of Islamic sufi, hope I cleared my self.

In all honesty - its a hard pill to swallow for us Indians - Kashmiris want FREEDOM! Not India, surely not Pakistan, but total Freedom! I know its hard for some members to digest, but that's the (ugly)truth!
I really find it hard to reconcile Kashmiri Pundits and Kashmiri Sufi Islam existing peacefully within Pakistan society, as of today. (not a flame bait, trolls refrain please)
And trust me, I know!

I actually quite agree with this .. We Pakistanis need to accept that the time for Kashmir to be a part of Pakistan has long passed .. Kashmir wants its freedom which does not translate into it wants to be a part of Pakistan. The ugly truth is Paksitan will never let this go and neither will India.

You are absolutely right.
Indian and Pakistani media cannot be compared.

Pakistan has media outlets like DAWN.com which routinely critisize Pakistan's foreign policy re: India and Afghanistan, and publish pro-India articles by Indian columnists.

Indian media, for the most part, is right wing, jingoistic, nationalist trash with a monolithic narrative against Pakistan. It is filled with juvenilem tabloid rants against Pakistan. There is not one mainstream Indian media outlet which even dares to publish a Pakistani viewpoint.

Read DAWN.com (Nadeem Paracha, Huma Yousuf, etc. etc.)

There are others, but start with DAWN.

f this was true that this idiotic and leftist moron Arundati roy would not able to write a column which would be comparable to be balsphamous ...

i know for sure what would have happened to a person in pakistan if he wrote similar column about baloch or kashmir...

in pakistan , people cannt make fun of mr 10 percent ...

forgrt the freedom of media in pakistan

He really whacked the sh** out of Mr. Gandhi, i guess Mr. Gandhi last second ditch saved him from a direct blow to the head, as the main impact was taken by the shoulder, if it had been straight to the head, God knows what would have happened.

The Naval guy behind the PM was brave enough to take quick action, but look at the dude who was holding the sword, he ducked down to save his own aass as if the blow was coming to him :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
kashmir is infact azaad ,

what we should be talking about is Pakistan occupied kashmir P O K and Asin China (China occupied kashmir)

Last edited:
An interesting responce to AR's column I found in outlook article only:

Arundhati Roy is considered to be a great novelist but that does not necessarily mean that she is prudent enough to give such irresponsible and quick judgement on a sensitive issue such as this. I would like to ask Ms. Roy is this the way of tackling issues that have the potential to affect our national unity and integrity? About three lakh people joined a non violent movement on a day in a protest against India, their own country. They have been shouting slogans against India and doing what not and our so called intellectual Ms. Roy gives a verdict that India is actually colonising Kashmir and that Kashmir should be freed. I would like to ask Ms. Roy can she or anybody else guarantee that this will stop after the so called freedom has been obtained. Can you guarantee that people in no other state would start using the same means for getting freedom. After all we all know that Kashmiris are not the only people who are sick of our government and its policies, most of us are. Does that gives us a liscence to raise Pakistani flags instead of the Tricolour, to shout insulting slogans against our mother land and to ask for a separate country for our state? Is this the solution? Take a mob of several lakhs and get a free separate country, quite simple isn't it? Than Ms. Roy what about India? Today it is Kashmir tomorrow who can guarantee that it will not be Arunanchal or Tamil Nadu or Nagaland or Goa or any other state for that matter asking for freedom? If this is the way of going about it than what will remain of the country that is mine as well as yours. When people of your caliber suggest such silly prescription you should at least be responsible enough to give it a second thought before sending to the press to be published and to be read by the whole country. I do agree that the armed forces should not be given the complete charge, not only in Kashmir but in any part of the country as they are not meant for administration. They are our muscle power and meant for protecting our borders. They should not be sent for controlling situations such as these for such long periods of time otherwise we will have more or less the same results as we are having in Kashmir. In my opinion the best possible way of treating such situations is of giving boost to education and economic growth. The people there are so desparate and listening to people of Hurriyat mainly because they see no economic growth in proportion to the growth that people in other parts of the country are making. The government should actually try to create an environment for creating more job opportunities there by creating conducive enviromnent for tourism industry and other economic activities keeping in mind the geographical and economic necessacities of Kashmir. More importance needs to be given to education which is still way down in the list of priorities of the government. When the people especially our youth will be educated and when there will be enough jobs for them in the valley itself and when they will not have the feeling of insecurity regarding their future, believe me Madam, they won't need this mirage of freedom to sacrifice their lives and happiness and we will be having our country as we know it....One and united from Kashmir to Kanyakumari. Jay Hind.
Atul
Kanpur, India

kashmir is infact azaad ,

what we should be talking about is Pakistan occupied kashmir P O K and Asin China (China occupied kashmir)
Yeah Buddy thousands of Pakistani Kashmiris protest regularly waving Indian flag and asking for Azadi from Pakistan and Pakistan had to deply hundred thousands of Army Men to main law and order situation.:rofl:

Last edited:
Thank you.

Cheers, Doc

Last edited:
An interesting responce to AR's column I found in outlook article only:

Well, the difference is that Kashmir is disputed territory.
India may not think so.
But Pakistan thinks so.
And the UN thinks so.

If India is so insecure about her other states, then that is a problem for India to resolve. You can't continue to punish Kashmiris for problems elsewhere in India.

And, as AR states, the ongoing problem of Kashmir fuels religious tensions throughout the rest of India. Indian Muslims are held hostage to Kashmir. As long as Kashmir remains a flashpoint, India will never resolve its internal Hindu-Muslim tensions.

India is actually very lucky because of Pakistan's utter incompetence in diplomacy and propaganda. A smart Pakistan would have leveraged the plight of Kashmir's Muslims to isolate India from the wider Muslim world. As it is, most Muslim countries prefer to do business with India over Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom