What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
No other thread needed for it, because the issue of Amarnath yatra has arised here after protests and it may face halting.

then talk about the fate of the yatra this year..wether it will/should happen or not..and not on the the relious aspect like fake lingam..drama yatra and stuff...your intention is clear here.

NO one is denying importance of Yatra for Hindus, all i am saying that this ice linga is being formed manually in the past few years due to its melting and last year or so Indians even tried to grab Kashmiri land on the pretext of amranath shrine land :tdown:

sorry, you are wrong about it...the lingam is forming every year..howver its significantly smaller in size than it used to be earlier.

about grabbing the kashmiri land..create a thread...its complete derailing the thread.

Fake Iceicle sends a ‘Shiva’ through worshippers .

An unanticipated benefit of alleged “Global warming” is that it may help reduce the diversity of backwardness in the "community", as this case shows:

The authorities have ordered an inquiry into “malpractice” allegations at one of the holiest shrines of the Hindu faith where for years an upside down iceicle has been worshipped as a symbol of ‘Shiva’ the God of Destruction.

Community members claim that the stalagmite is a phallic fertility ‘lingam’ (literally ‘penis’) – comprised of an upside down iceicle which is said to rise up naturally each year from dripping water that freezes on the ground.

Every year, thousands of worldwide pilgrims defy death threats from locals subscribing to a well known peace religion, to visit the remote shrine of their God Shiva’s icy phallus sited near the Pakistan border of Kashmir.

Shiva the God of Destruction has now been emasculated by a warm spell .

Perhaps due to a Global-Warming induced lack of water and insufficiently cold temperatures in the mountains, this year the stalagmite has been unable to rise to the occasion to cause awe-struck wonderment among the gullible worshippers at the Shiva centre.

Disappointed pilgrims to the shrine say that a fake ice stalagmite has been now installed at the site because the existing one is too small.

The fake lingam is said to be made of compacted snow, an unsatisfying crushed ice “slushy” rather than a natural ice lolly.

“I am 100% convinced the Shiva lingam has been artificially formed and It's made of soft snow and not of naturally formed ice” says Praveen Kumar (quoted in the link).

The belief in question, is so highly respected amongst some, that a retired High Court Judge has been invited to see if the holy lolly is indeed tinier and under endowed, than the simple minded ice phallus worshippers have come to expect.

A Government Minister is to investigate the allegations that a man-made snowman stalagmite was placed in the cave after the naturally occurring one failed to materialise.

Although it is sad? that a lack of ice has managed to send a ‘Shiva’ through the community ; it supports the notion that Global warming may not be all bad.

Global warming is demonstrably beneficial if rising temperatures ensure that naturally occurring iceicles are no longer there to be worshipped by simple minded members of the ethnic community as God's very own Todger.

BBC NEWS | South Asia | 'Fake shrine' inquiry in Kashmir

Kaaba - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and Kaaba is neither God'S creation!!!!

Can you keep religion out of this :angry:?! I have been reading all 22 pages and the discussion was going interesting and neutral from my side adding to knowledge about your perspective.

Have you been there to Amarnath? NO. Do you have any idea of its history? No. I have been there enough times with my family as have other Hindus from world over and know about the place.

Then why don't you stick to the topic and keep religion out?

How would you feel if we say that Kaaba is not holy?

Therefore, don't talk about what you don't know. You are not only offending Indians but Hindus worldwide whether of Indian origin or not.

An unanticipated benefit of alleged “Global warming” is that it may help reduce the diversity of backwardness in the "community", as this case shows:

The authorities have ordered an inquiry into “malpractice” allegations at one of the holiest shrines of the Hindu faith where for years an upside down iceicle has been worshipped as a symbol of ‘Shiva’ the God of Destruction.

Community members claim that the stalagmite is a phallic fertility ‘lingam’ (literally ‘penis’) – comprised of an upside down iceicle which is said to rise up naturally each year from dripping water that freezes on the ground.

Every year, thousands of worldwide pilgrims defy death threats from locals subscribing to a well known peace religion, to visit the remote shrine of their God Shiva’s icy phallus sited near the Pakistan border of Kashmir.

Perhaps due to a Global-Warming induced lack of water and insufficiently cold temperatures in the mountains, this year the stalagmite has been unable to rise to the occasion to cause awe-struck wonderment among the gullible worshippers at the Shiva centre.

Disappointed pilgrims to the shrine say that a fake ice stalagmite has been now installed at the site because the existing one is too small.

The fake lingam is said to be made of compacted snow, an unsatisfying crushed ice “slushy” rather than a natural ice lolly.

“I am 100% convinced the Shiva lingam has been artificially formed and It's made of soft snow and not of naturally formed ice” says Praveen Kumar (quoted in the link).

The belief in question, is so highly respected amongst some, that a retired High Court Judge has been invited to see if the holy lolly is indeed tinier and under endowed, than the simple minded ice phallus worshippers have come to expect.

A Government Minister is to investigate the allegations that a man-made snowman stalagmite was placed in the cave after the naturally occurring one failed to materialise.

Although it is sad? that a lack of ice has managed to send a ‘Shiva’ through the community ; it supports the notion that Global warming may not be all bad.

Global warming is demonstrably beneficial if rising temperatures ensure that naturally occurring iceicles are no longer there to be worshipped by simple minded members of the ethnic community as God's very own Todger.

Selective reading....or just blind effort to prove your point....lets see...

You are so shameless ...that you posted a forum entry and just to add weight to your statement you added a link to BBC news...

Here is your link from where you picked up this write up of yours....

Fake Iceicle sends a ‘Shiva’ through worshippers . - Stormfront

And with this...... Jana......the great reporter of the forum ...loses all the respect I had for her.

Thank you very much.

I cannot believe BBC could be so cold towards a religious community. I will have to write to their headquarters for reporting religious issues with more respect. This is not about common devotees as people they're talking about but a holy site.

[url
and Kaaba is neither God'S creation!!!!

We dont claim its been built by God.

Now come back to the topic. My only objection is that when you are forming a linga from ice in Amarnath and befooling the devotees by saying its been formed by divine powers then isnt it a ploy rather a trick to make it a sentimental issue so that thousands of Hindu devotees come to Indian Occupied Kashmir so that you can have an excuse to grab Kashmir land and also change the demography of the IHK.

I cannot believe BBC could be so cold towards a religious community. I will have to write to their headquarters for reporting religious issues with more respect. This is not about common devotees as people they're talking about but a holy site.

Buddy...BBC has not reported anything like this.....

Its our Lady reporter on the forum....Miss Jana....who has tried to be smart by copying content form a similar forum and then in an attempt to add weight to her argument she added a link to BBC news article.........

See for yourself:

This is the original bbc article: BBC NEWS | South Asia | 'Fake shrine' inquiry in Kashmir[/quote]

And this is what Jana Posted: Fake Iceicle sends a ‘Shiva’ through worshippers . - Stormfront

Blue oval its indeed from BBC - Read the damn article.

You are so shameless ...that you posted a forum entry and just to add weight to your statement you added a link to BBC news...

And with this...... Jana......the great reporter of the forum ...loses all the respect I had for her.

Thank you very much.

Now I am 100% sure that Kashmir is more of a False religious issue supported by Pakistan in favor of Muslims. Finally they are Islamic Nation and we are secular!!!
But on the other hand they deny to give refuge to those Muslims who suffered in China. What kind of Islamic Nation is it????

Thank you very much.

It was in 2006 and then followed by 2007 the same happened.

I dont know what is this link which you posted. Please check the BBC story. And also check that your own officials were looking into the issue of this fake ice structure scam.

I have posted only BBC and not any Pakistani source because you would have accused it of fake reporting.

And if you dont believe in BBC then next time please do the same in case BBC publish any story about Pakistan

☪☪☪☪;965616 said:
Blue oval its indeed from BBC - Read the damn article.

You mean this:

'Fake shrine' inquiry in Kashmir"

The authorities in Indian-administered Kashmir have ordered an inquiry into malpractice allegations at one of the holiest shrines of the Hindu faith.
Hindu pilgrims to the Amarnath shrine say that a fake ice stalagmite has been installed at the site because the existing one is too small.

The ice stalagmite is revered by Hindus as a symbol of Shiva.

Every July and August thousands of Hindu pilgrims defy threats from Muslim militants to visit the remote shrine.

Far smaller

Correspondents say that the stalagmite resembles a fertility lingam - or phallus - which is said to form naturally each year from water that freezes.

The trek to the cave is long and arduousGovernor SK Sinha - who is also the chairman of Amarnath Shrine Board - said on Thursday that he had asked a retired high court judge to investigate allegations that a man-made stalagmite was placed in the cave after the naturally occurring one failed to materialise.

The BBC's Altaf Hussain in Srinagar says that this has been blamed on a shortage of snow combined with the wrong temperatures.

Our correspondent says that a naturally-occurring ice stalagmite has now begun to appear, but it is far smaller than in recent years.

In June, a spokesman for the shrine board denied allegations made by the pilgrims that a fake shrine had been installed at the caves.

He said that the board was not a commercial organisation looking for profit, but only a facilitator to regulate and provide logistic support for a smooth pilgrimage.

He said there was no question of "trampling over the sanctity of the shrine" or playing with the religious sentiments of devotees.

Earlier, a key Hindu priest associated with the shrine expressed serious concerns over the reports that a fake shrine had been built from snow brought from higher ground.

He said that if they were true, it would be an act of sacrilege.

Shiva is the Hindu God of Destruction.

The link for Janas post: BBC NEWS | South Asia | 'Fake shrine' inquiry in Kashmir

Go read....and see the difference.

Thhis

and let's face it Hinduism is not a part Abrahamic religions which are considered true religions (Judaism, Christianity, Islam )

We dont claim its been built by God.

Now come back to the topic. My only objection is that when you are forming a linga from ice in Amarnath and befooling the devotees by saying its been formed by divine powers then isnt it a ploy rather a trick to make it a sentimental issue so that thousands of Hindu devotees come to Indian Occupied Kashmir so that you can have an excuse to grab Kashmir land and also change the demography of the IHK.

No One said That This is created By Some supernatural force, its created by Our very own nature, In the form of shiva Linga... And The Devotees worship that Beautiful creation of Nature.....The nature has been melting and creating the same Shiva linga for the past 5000 years, might be fake to u, as You do not share Our sentiments, but for us, its divine, Because We consider Divinity is there In every single creation of nature, It will be In You, me, Stone and Everything Created By Nature, is there any harm offering prayers For it???....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom