What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Pak asks world to take notice of HR violations in Kashmir

world to take notice of HR violations in Kashmir[/URL]

No one will listen it !!!!! If the west is busy in anti-pakistan propaganda,then why they will listen to your plea?????

Tense Omar dials Delhi

The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) is turning out to be a bone in the flesh for the government of Jammu & Kashmir.
On Sunday, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah had spoken to Home Minister P Chidambaram and expressed concern at the deaths of civilians at the hands of the central police organisation in the valley.
Eight persons died in Kashmir in police/paramilitary action in the past 15 days.
While last week Abdullah had ordered a massive reshuffle in the police department following the deaths, the administration has no such powers when it comes to the central forces. Hence he has sought New Delhi's help to bring an end "to the cycle of deaths".
J&K Law Minister and senior National Conference leader Ali Muhammad Sagar told the media: "New Delhi will have to listen to us if it has to protect its interests in Jammu and Kashmir. Five youth were killed in a series and it is not a good thing. We are not ready to tolerate human rights violations."
He said the CRPF had lost command and control and the issue must be looked into.
"The CM, as head of the Unified Command Council, has given clear directions to the forces operating in Jammu and Kashmir to exercise restraint and protect human rights. All this (killing) is happening despite the directives. They (CRPF) are working against the interests of country. It will have dangerous ramifications," Sagar said.
"Only yesterday (Sunday) the chief minister ordered the constitution of a commission, headed by the State Human Rights Commission chairperson, to probe the killing of two civilians in Sopore last Friday."
However, the state government had defended CRPF action on June 20, when Javed Ahmad Malla (19) died in Srinagar.
Abdullah had called the protests of Malla and others who were attending the funeral of Rafiq Ahmad Bangroo "suicidal".
Bangroo had died after allegedly being beaten up by the CRPF on June 12.
"When you try to attack a vehicle with armed men, they will react in defence," he had told reporters.
The CRPF refused to comment.
"Our director general (Vikram Srivastava) held a meeting with the state government and assured help," said CRPF spokesperson (Kashmir) Prabhakar Tripathi.
"Our role is defined and that's counter insurgency," he added.

Tense Omar dials Delhi
:D

Ya I understand this fact buddy. But, it kind'a hurts when you listen to the fact that some foreign intruders with guns come into your land and kill some highly-trained soldiers who were trained over-time to handle such menace.

But you are true about the fact that the soldiers cannot just hit anyone especially seeing the violence and riots that have started there due to such casualty of civilians.
The worst fact here is that if a terrorist kills a person, then the people blame the police or the military. But even if a soldier dies killing a militant, then also they would support the militant. And if by mistake, a local civilian loses his life to the police or army firing in the gun battles, then the people just start rioting and all kinds of nonsense. So, at the end of the day, its really a very tough job for the armed force and the local police which they have to execute, swiftly and cautiously.

Yes..... Soldier cannot open fire as like the terrorist... Soldier cannot let a civilian die in a cross fire for purpose... Thats why you have to face the Bullet, But the militant can clear off any one In front Of him and engage, a Soldier cannot do so, He has to wait for his chance and Would be also forced to meet the challenge face to face, And Could also end Up in his Life...

Its depressing that We lost 3 brave Hearts... But also proud that They took 6 Lives before giving up theres.

No matter how much Indians bark here - The fact is all Pakistanis will support Kashmiris be it liberals, moderate or radicals.We will always support Kashmiris - We will never backstab them.

Its time we should penetrate Pak-occ-Kashmir and free it from these terrorists. I dont understand that why is India not acting pro-actively in this regard.(democratically and politically)

Why are we not preassurising Pakistan to give up its control of Kashmir by providing evidence of terrorists in their part of Kashmir. Even if UN doesnt act we have the capability to act on ourselves and seal the fate of Kashmir once and for all.

Long have our brothers lost their lives just trying to defend an almost non-existent and god-forsaken border.I hope that we get rid of these camps which on a territory which is illegally occupied by Pakistan.I hope we make very good progress economically and leave Pakistan in the dust. Maybe when we will have more say in the matters of the world, will the Politicians have the will to dismantle the nest of scum.

Its time we should penetrate Pak-occ-Kashmir and free it from these terrorists. I dont understand that why is India not acting pro-actively in this regard.(democratically and politically)

Why are we not preassurising Pakistan to give up its control of Kashmir by providing evidence of terrorists in their part of Kashmir. Even if UN doesnt act we have the capability to act on ourselves and seal the fate of Kashmir once and for all.

Long have our brothers lost their lives just trying to defend an almost non-existent and god-forsaken border.I hope that we get rid of these camps which on a territory which is illegally occupied by Pakistan.I hope we make very good progress economically and leave Pakistan in the dust. Maybe when we will have more say in the matters of the world, will the Politicians have the will to dismantle the nest of scum.
Good Luck, You'll Need It!

Last edited:
Me too.. i'm kashmiri from IOK, Srinagar.
As far as being " Kashmiri" is concerned, i believe Kashmiri is only those who live within Kashmir valley(which is called kashmir division administratively in IOK). Kashmir valley is entirely on the indian side of the border, and unfortunately whatever 'kashmir ' is in pakistan is not kashmir at all. You can see kashmir valley as a plain stretch of land in google earth, surrounded by mountains on all sides. Srinagar city is in the center of this valley, and it peripherals consist the outlying districts, baramullah, anantnag(islamabad), ganderbal, Kupwarah, pulwamah, Budgam. THe rest of the districts are somehow also kashmir, but ethnic kashmiris dont live there. Jammu and Kashmir as a country does not exist according to me, since we have nothing in common with the rest of the districts. So my political opinions regarding the kashmir issue, is acession to pakistan of Kashmir valley only, while india should be let to keep the rest of the erstwhile state. It serves pakistans interests well, since pakistan's main concern is water, which is almost entirely alleviated by Kashmir valley being part of pakistan. India also does not want a hostile polulation, which is mainly based in kashmir valley, there should be a simple peaceful barter of territory.

Good Luck. My best wishes are with you. :D

Violence spreads in Kashmir Valley; 13 injured

Fresh clashes on Tuesday broke out between locals protesting the killing of youths in alleged CRPF firing and security forces in parts of Srinagar, Baramulla and Anantnag districts, leaving 13 people injured.

With violence spreading to more places, curfew was imposed this morning in parts of Baramulla, Anantnag and seven police station areas of Srinagar as the situation remained tense in troubled Sopore in the wake of the protests.

In view of the violence, mobile services in north Kashmir and SMS service in the entire valley were blocked on the instructions of the state government.

With separatists giving fresh calls for strike, life remained crippled across Kashmir valley, including Srinagar, for the fifth consecutive day on Tuesday.

In Anantnag, 65 kms from here, locals assembled at a bus stand and protested against the killings. Paramilitary forces deployed in the town initially cane charged them but when they refused to budge, they opened fire resulting in injuries to three persons including a teenager identified as Irshiad Ahmad Bhat.

Violence spreads in Kashmir Valley; 13 injured

:frown::tdown:

☪☪☪☪;962518 said:
No matter how much Indians bark here - The fact is all Pakistanis will support Kashmiris be it liberals, moderate or radicals.We will always support Kashmiris - We will never backstab them.

we all indians too support kashmir as an indian state,no matter wat the hell other says,and support :smitten::smitten:
india-kashmir-security-2009-7-27-8-11-40.jpg

Hate to hear these news. Why can't the Indian Army fight some religious crack heads without a casualty. I still don't get that even after so many equipments, this large spending on defence, joint trainings and everything else that is going on to help them improve, they can't just fight these militants without losing their lives.

Anyway, I salute the martyrs and prey to God for their spirits to rest in peace forever and also to support their families.

I completely agree with you brother. If you look at our defence spending, we spend so much on planes, tanks, ships etc. But our jawans are still poorly equipped compared to world standards.

We are well prepared for a war we might fight someday, but ill-equipped for one we fight everyday! If we can spend so much on high-tech war machines, cant we spend a little more on the average soldier who risks his life everyday in Kashmir? Can't we prioritise the lives of our soldiers over high-tech equipment like 'smart' cluster-bombs? better bullet proof vests and communication equipment can really make a difference

I completely agree with you brother. If you look at our defence spending, we spend so much on planes, tanks, ships etc. But our jawans are still poorly equipped compared to world standards.

We are well prepared for a war we might fight someday, but ill-equipped for one we fight everyday! If we can spend so much on high-tech war machines, cant we spend a little more on the average soldier who risks his life everyday in Kashmir? Can't we prioritise the lives of our soldiers over high-tech equipment like 'smart' cluster-bombs? better bullet proof vests and communication equipment can really make a difference

No they don't, one missile worth $10000 will be far more useful than 100 soldiers with $1000 bullet proof vests.

Back
Top Bottom