What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
I think people need to realise and understand that the PARTION boundaries and subsequent borders after the Kashmir war in 1948 HAVE been drawn with blood.

No one is going to yeild an inch NOT pakistan NOT india.

The only option is for disaffected people to migrate to the side of Kashmir that they wish to reside in. IE pAKISTAN held Kashmir or India held held kashmir.

Millions of punjabis did this in 1947 SO WHY CANT KASHMIRIS who do not want indian rule.

When Punjab was split it was on the basis of Muslim, Sikh majority areas. Currently India occupies massively Muslim majority areas and the ten million people would never agree to leave their lands.
A district wise referendum is probably the best bet. India would get to keep Jammu and parts of Ladakh, while Pakistan would probably get Kashmir valley. Strategically, not much would change as India still wont get access to Central Asia and Pakistan wont get access to Himachal Pardesh.

Neither country should aim to occupy people who dont want to be with them. And bearing that in mind, nobody can say for sure who wants what, without conducting a referendum first. The people in power will have to make that decision if they want this dispute settled. If that decision is not made, then nobody should be pretending they are for Indo Pak peace and stability.

listen buddy..dont u guuys try to be over smart IOK is a disputed region.world doesnt give a dousche wat india thinks....nor do i care to remind u wat nehrus stance was in UN.Which is still by the way the SAME.
About gandhi i hope there was much more anyways leave tht.
Last and most imortant point dont call me a mian......coz wife use the word mian for thier husbands.......And i aint tht kinda man.
So kindly keep it in mind.
Thnks

dude watever u say,it's better to have a soln of kashmir issue,but upto max india can't free the kashmir or give it to pak.billions of indians are ready to die.and any indian govt will never think to be thrown out 4 ever.and one thing more in 65 ,the last chance to get kashmir is gone,at that time india was weak.now nothing.watever talks are going on,it is u.s pressure which means just passing time.
and u.s will upto max don't want to loose india just 4 afpak.this is diplomacy.

abt miyan,i watched a lot of serials in which miyan is usually used in the same style in which i was stating.

A district wise referendum is probably the best bet.
India would get to keep Jammu and parts of Ladakh, while Pakistan would probably get Kashmir valley. Strategically, not much would change as India still wont get access to Central Asia and Pakistan wont get access to Himachal Pardesh.

If u want a district wise referendum..sorry sir that not possible as the UNSC resolutions dont allow it.
Nd moreover according to UNSC resolutions ,if a referendum is conducted it should be for the entire J&K during the Raja's reign(including P-O-K,Northern areas,Areas under Chinese occupation) not on a piecemeal basis that suits you.

Crisply put the referendum will take place when :

1) The millions of Kashmiri Hindu Pandits who were chased out of their homes by the terrorists are allowed to come back to the valley.and this may include the Mirpuri muslims on ur side also.

2)The settled Pakistanis in P-O-K are sent back to their original places

3)the areas under Chinese occupation (Shaksgam valley,Aksai Chin) are returned to India so that referendum can be conducted there.

Neither country should aim to occupy people who dont want to be with them. And bearing that in mind, nobody can say for sure who wants what, without conducting a referendum first. The people in power will have to make that decision if they want this dispute settled. If that decision is not made, then nobody should be pretending they are for Indo Pak peace and stability.

The referendum willl be conducted wen all the above UNSC mandated conditions are met.
And mind u after all the wars fought,millions of lives lost on both sides even if the referendum is conducted do u think any of the side will agree to it...? -NO- in my opinion.
And it is not just land at stake..its the National honor(though it shuldn be) thats at stake.

The only realistic option that both nations can sell to their respective ppl of not succumbing to the other is converting the LOC into IB.
and in my opinion it will ultimately burn down to that.

Last edited:
y dont u reverse the condition to pak,even pak is in more trouble.toilets,education level,clean drinking water,environment etc.govt is doing it's work.but it will take few years to c the result.watever we are watching some modernization in india ,it is due to the steps taken in 90's and then after not in 2009.every thing has a time.i m building my own country ,u shud also do same.not trying to interfere in others matter.again n again plz don't repeat nuclear threat.u shu think so only if u will not get awesome reply.have a very gud night sir:cheers::cheers:

We are very well aware of our problems but at the same time we want these issues to get resolved so that we can concentrate on well being of our masses, but your govt. seems uninterested which is not helping.

If all Pak cares is for the Kashmiris, they can have the people. All the people who do not want to live in Indian administered land can just go to Pakistan.

Kashmir problem is much more complex than this. The way Indians and Pakistanis see this problem is very different. Pakistanis have been fed this theory that Kashmir is a troubled region, people are being raped and killed, massacred in a way. But this is the not entirely true. This hysteria was created by Pak govt and Army to get support of Pakistanis and justify the military action on Kashmir and India, be it 1948, 1965 or Kargil.

Now after 60 years, the belief has become concrete. Its something Pakistanis believe in because this is what they have been hearing from their parents, grandparents, media, government, everywhere.

And I don't blame the Pakistanis for it. This kind of hysteria gets created in India too.

But Pakistanis being the super emotional beings regarding their religion have taken this matter as their highest priority, which is not the requirement.

Kashmir today is developing just like every other state of India. We have airports, roads, railways, IAS officers, singers, industries developing in Kashmir. Tourism has been the biggest boost. People are more than happy in major cities of Kashmir.

The problem started in 90 when cross border terrorism was at its peak. Terrorist outfits started operating in Kashmir and bomb blasts became a norm. This is when the brainwashed people starting advocated for free Kashmir.

The problem with a plebicite is that millions of Kashmiri Pandits originally from Kashmir have been relocated from Kashmir and refuging in other states. If they participate in plebicite, that won't be acceptable to Pak. Another problem is that a religious plebicite could spark religious violence in India. India is a secular country and no religion should be given special rights. That would be against the meaning of secularism itself.

Neither India, nor Pakistan is ready to let go of any territory. India is ready to cement the current LOC into International Boundary. It is Pakistan that is singing the same old tune. Pakistan needs to change its attitude towards the problem and understand that no country in the world would give away an inch of its territory. It can never be a take take situation.

If u want a district wise referendum..sorry sir that not possible as the UNSC resolutions dont allow it.
Nd moreover according to UNSC resolutions ,if a referendum is conducted it should be for the entire J&K during the Raja's reign(including P-O-K,Northern areas,Areas under Chinese occupation) not on a piecemeal basis that suits you.

Crisply put the referendum will take place when :

1) The millions of Kashmiri Hindu Pandits who were chased out of their homes by the terrorists are allowed to come back to the valley.and this may include the Mirpuri muslims on ur side also.

2)The settled Pakistanis in P-O-K are sent back to their original places

3)the areas under Chinese occupation (Shaksgam valley,Aksai Chin) are returned to India so that referendum can be conducted there.

The referendum willl be conducted wen all the above UNSC mandated conditions are met.
And mind u after all the wars fought,millions of lives lost on both sides even if the referendum is conducted do u think any of the side will agree to it...? -NO- in my opinion.
And it is not just land at stake..its the National honor(though it shuldn be) thats at stake.

The only realistic option that both nations can sell to their respective ppl of not succumbing to the other is converting the LOC into IB.
and in my opinion it will ultimately burn down to that.

also Pak should be ready to take back 150 muslims living in india, because at that time this was the case.
imagine 320 million people living on that tiny patch of land ...lol....

The article is from a Pakistani source - The Friday Times. Instead of the usual plebiscite-UN-you are the aggressor rant, shouldn't Pakistanis here be concerned that they have successfully alienated the people in Pak-administered Kashmir? Most terror groups you created have turned on you - except the likes of Lashkar and Jaish. Guess what buddy - in 10 years, they will turn on you too. Hard as you try, India is not going to agree. Heck, if the likes of Lashkar had adopted Satyagraha or non-violent forms of protest, the Indian public would even have had sympathy with them and perhaps forced the Indian govt. to consider - but with the method adopted to "force" India - Pakistan has sealed Kashmir's fate.

this is a hurtful post to indians. think about your prophet first and then talk about what gandhi did or did not

I agree it was uncalled for, but actually it is not entirely true what you are referring to, Aisha was neither 9 or 6 as islamophobes tend to say, but in her early 20s when she married Muhamed (pbuh) according to the most current research

but just ignore him...

kashmir is integral part of India
end of dispute:cheers:

you are rite by saying that India doesnot want to resolve Kashmir issue.
India also dont want to resolve other issues like saichen, water, sir chreek etc.

because India is not gonna benefit from this.
pakistan is gonna be in gain not India:partay:

well kashmir is not your integral part and NEHRU admitted to it! so your theory doesn't have legs to support it! :coffee:

Those who are saying Kashmir is part of India must watch this debate "Its time to give Freedom to Kashmir's" they say Pakistan zindabad Hindustan Murdabad.:victory:

Last edited by a moderator:
The only dispute we have is about the kashmir under illegal occupation of pakistan, As soon as that part is given back to India then we have no dispute.

Can you tell me how Pakistan and India was divided ? Areas with most muslims will go to Pakistan and other will go to India right ? 99% of Kashmiries were muslims but Mahraja was hindu. He betrayed his ppl and gave Kashmir to India. When Pakistan relasied that they sent there troops and captured area which is called Azad Kashmir now. UN asked bother countries to stop war and let kashmiri ppl decied. Both countries agreed on that term but since that India has not done what they promised.

So i am woundring why India agreed on UN terms if it was there area ? Why UN let Pakistan keep Azad Kashmir and asked for election which India rejecting now. What are u afriad of ? After 60 year Kashmiri dont call them Indias.

Why India is interrested in Kashmir ? Its is because they want to controll water noting else.

Can you tell me how Pakistan and India was divided ? Areas with most muslims will go to Pakistan and other will go to India right ? 99% of Kashmiries were muslims but Mahraja was hindu. He betrayed his ppl and gave Kashmir to India. When Pakistan relasied that they sent there troops and captured area which is called Azad Kashmir now. UN asked bother countries to stop war and let kashmiri ppl decied. Both countries agreed on that term but since that India has not done what they promised.

So i am woundring why India agreed on UN terms if it was there area ? Why UN let Pakistan keep Azad Kashmir and asked for election which India rejecting now. What are u afriad of ? After 60 year Kashmiri dont call them Indias.

Why India is interrested in Kashmir ? Its is because they want to controll water noting else.

India agreed UN term in 1947...UN asked for election in both Kashmir and asked pakistan to withdraw its army from kashmir
United Nations Security Council Resolution 47 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
which Pakistan didnt done....
now that resolution is expired...so no need to implement that

I agree it was uncalled for, but actually it is not entirely true what you are referring to, Aisha was neither 9 or 6 as islamophobes tend to say, but in her early 20s when she married Muhamed (pbuh) according to the most current research

but just ignore him...
no i did not mean that. I meant that if you think about what the prophet taught, you would not insult others in such a crude way. I put it wrongly

Back
Top Bottom