What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
First tell us your nationality before ranting like a head less chicken son.
Lets us do your dissection and discussion after that. Dont try to be a smart a$$ you are Chinese isnt it a champion of genocide.

Lol u defined urself perfectly.And Dabong isnt chinese hes from AJK(Azad Jammu Kashmir).

as india had 60+ years to inject her 'faithfuls' in kashmir n settling them... why cant she hold a simple census under the UN agenda and whatever the results atleast one party would shutup!!!! either pakistan or india!!!

Islamabad, Pakistan (CNN) -- Three explosions went off in rapid succession near the U.S. consulate in the Pakistani city of Peshawar Monday.

At least one person was killed in the blasts but officials expect the casualty count to rise.

The blasts in the capital of the North West Frontier Province came hours after a suicide attack killed 30 people and wounded 50 others in another part of the province.

Peshawar is about 120 kilometers (75 miles) from the country's capital, Islamabad.

The three explosions went off within a span of 15 minutes in the area of Saddar and Hayatabad Avenue, near the American consulate and the Peshawar headquarters of Pakistan's intelligence agency. The latter was the target of a deadly car bomb attack in November.

The U.S. Embassy in Islamabad would only confirm that an attack had taken place, adding it would offer more in a statement later.

Following the triple blasts, two people were taken to the Lady Reading Hospital -- one of whom later died, said Dr. Abdul Hamid Afridi.

The North West Frontier Province is rife with Islamic extremists and has been the site of recent clashes between Pakistani security forces and militants.

Monday's suicide attack took place at a rally for the province's ruling Awami National Party in the lower Dir district, said lawmaker Mehmood Zeb Khan.

Hundreds of the participants had gathered for a rally to change the name of the province to Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.

The bomber walked into the government building where the meeting was going on and blew himself up, said provincial spokesman Mian Iftikhar Hussain.

Triple blasts hit northwest Pakistan capital near U.S. consulate - CNN.com

is it the work of freedom fighters too???:flame:

cant the Pakistanies discriminate between thses terrorists???? do you realy think Bhagat Sings is one of them!!!!!:sniper:

Islamabad, Pakistan (CNN) -- Three explosions went off in rapid succession near the U.S. consulate in the Pakistani city of Peshawar Monday.

At least one person was killed in the blasts but officials expect the casualty count to rise.

The blasts in the capital of the North West Frontier Province came hours after a suicide attack killed 30 people and wounded 50 others in another part of the province.

Peshawar is about 120 kilometers (75 miles) from the country's capital, Islamabad.

The three explosions went off within a span of 15 minutes in the area of Saddar and Hayatabad Avenue, near the American consulate and the Peshawar headquarters of Pakistan's intelligence agency. The latter was the target of a deadly car bomb attack in November.

The U.S. Embassy in Islamabad would only confirm that an attack had taken place, adding it would offer more in a statement later.

Following the triple blasts, two people were taken to the Lady Reading Hospital -- one of whom later died, said Dr. Abdul Hamid Afridi.

The North West Frontier Province is rife with Islamic extremists and has been the site of recent clashes between Pakistani security forces and militants.

Monday's suicide attack took place at a rally for the province's ruling Awami National Party in the lower Dir district, said lawmaker Mehmood Zeb Khan.

Hundreds of the participants had gathered for a rally to change the name of the province to Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.

The bomber walked into the government building where the meeting was going on and blew himself up, said provincial spokesman Mian Iftikhar Hussain.

Triple blasts hit northwest Pakistan capital near U.S. consulate - CNN.com

:flame:

cant the Pakistanies discriminate between thses terrorists???? do you realy think Bhagat Sings is one of them!!!!!:sniper:
OFF TOPIC.

Then the GoI would be wrong, since the status of J&K is disputed. The status of Swat, FATA and K-P is not disputed. Karan referenced the latter, not AK.

First - Congratulations to the warriors of the IA for killing 6 more pests.
Second - The official position of GOI is Kashmir as a whole is an integral part of India and I as an Indian would beleive only wat my govt says,not an impotent UN or some cyber warriors out here

Thirdly - UN resolutions have lost their meaning or atleast India has lost interest in them ;).No plebiscite is ever going to happen nd no amount of shounting,typing,ranting is gonna change that.

The sooner pakistan wakes up to the reality the better for u guys..Till then bring it on.The lions of the IA are waiting for the pigs. :sniper::sniper::sniper:

not according to the whole world and the Kashmiris themselvs. hell even some educated Indians.

hoohoo...as if we care wat the world or the impotent UN thinks.:lol::lol:

@Karan.1970
hey buddy...plz gimme the link for indian flag. thx

karan-1970-albums-t0-picture2532-flag.gif

Its High time we start adopting Israel's policy of going for the head rather that cutting the nails wich are bound to grow again.
Send Indian agents..take out the terrorist leader scums in their safe havens...Unless we adopt a more pro-active approach this low-intensity conflict will on forever.

@deckinraj & @manish123

I would like to differ with ur views for certain reasons
1. A limited conflict can always escalate into major one, cause such conflicts once begun cann't be predicted....
2. It would bring the International community's intervention just like in Kargil and many compromises would have to be made..Also India wants bilateral settlements without foreign pressure..
3. chances of pakistan bragging about nuclear weapons and following implications on the whole of south asia..
4. the economy gets hit and foreign investors might keep off for years..
5. Heavy mobilization and the cost of conflict even if limited
6. chances of the general masses being hit

But, ur right about the casualty figures ...In my honest opinion the security forces should start secret attacks similar to Israeli agents..although it is not foolproof but it may lead to a kind of internal chaos and possible destruction.....

Think about it.. A limited war will still kill a lot of Indian military men and at the same time kill our economy for next 5-10 years. For our enemies, the second damage actually spells victory, irrespective of the result of the war.. Why give them the satisfaction. The loss hurts, but the IA is increasing its effectiveness over last few years.. The gain is not in terms of their people killed vs ours.. Its thwarting their designs, which is to weaken the Indian nation...

Very valid point that you guys have made...Mind it i am not a war mongerer and i want peaceful co-existence with our neighbours.... I know when it comes to India and Pak emotions run high....Anyways lets look at other figures as well...The number of people who have died in Kashmir(civilians and Armed forces) and the kind of money we have spent in past 2 decades....Also please share with me one single reason that you guys think this will stop in next 2 decades??? Just look at the cost of raising a terrorist vs grooming an officer....

I have a very simple question...Why are we spending so much on our Armed forces if we cannot even save our men dying every now and then??? I know the solution i am proposing is insane(in fact it is not even a solution) but then is there a solution???? Is what we are doing the right step???? Imagine the king of distress the Jawan has to go while on duty and his/her family after he is killed by some fanatic eager to reach heaven...and now complement it with a fact that a meagre amount of money can raise several thousands of such pigs no matter how many you shoot down...Just yesterday our Armed forces said that terror infrastructure is still in tact....Do you see any hope in its dismantling if it hasn't happened even under such circumstances????

Anyways seems like my post has angered and disappointed a few members..So let me clarify...What i said is that i would prefer a limited conflict over a proxy war any time as tragedy in one go is better than a prolonged tragedy...This way both the armies can decide who is the boss of Kashmir...It was a hypothetical wish far from reality... I hope i made myself clear...

Watch your mouth!:angry:.....otherwise you will get as good as you give and the post will end up getting derailed by name calling.
Ummmm i am not sure what offensive words i used??? All i said is about a preference of a limited conflict over proxy war...I did not say we will kick PAk army or anything like that...So can you please share what pissed you off??...if convinced i will go ahead and edit my post..Fair???

Thanks....

Last edited:
Its High time we start adopting Israel's policy of going for the head rather that cutting the nails wich are bound to grow again.
Send Indian agents..take out the terrorist leader scums in their safe havens...Unless we adopt a more pro-active approach this low-intensity conflict will on forever.

Remember it is low intensity conflict for the agressor...Look at the number of people we had/have stationed in Kashmir and the time period involved...IMO this by no means is a low intensity conflict for us....

Very valid point that you guys have made...Mind it i am not a war mongerer and i want peaceful co-existence with our neighbours.... I know when it comes to India and Pak emotions run high....Anyways lets look at other figures as well...The number of people who have died in Kashmir(civilians and Armed forces) and the kind of money we have spent in past 2 decades....Also please share with me one single reason that you guys think this will stop in next 2 decades??? Just look at the cost of raising a terrorist vs grooming an officer....

I have a very simple question...Why are we spending so much on our Armed forces if we cannot even save our men dying every now and then??? I know the solution i am proposing is insane(in fact it is not even a solution) but then is there a solution???? Is what we are doing the right step???? Imagine the king of distress the Jawan has to go while on duty and his/her family after he is killed by some fanatic eager to reach heaven...and now complement it with a fact that a meagre amount of money can raise several thousands of such pigs no matter how many you shoot down...Just yesterday our Armed forces said that terror infrastructure is still in tact....Do you see any hope in its dismantling if it hasn't happened even under such circumstances????

Anyways seems like my post has angered and disappointed a few members..So let me clarify...What i said is that i would prefer a limited conflict over a proxy war any time as tragedy in one go is better than a prolonged tragedy...This way both the armies can decide who is the boss of Kashmir...It was a hypothetical wish far from reality... I hope i made myself clear...

Ummmm i am not sure what offensive words i used??? All i said is about a preference of a limited conflict over proxy war...I did not say we will kick PAk army or anything like that...So can you please share what pissed you off...if convinced i will go ahead and edit my post???

Thanks....

Dont worry mate, I dont think any1 considered ur post as a warmonger since ur just expressing an alternate solution, so no need for ny1 to get angered...

I myself feel really bad when I read/hear of any security person involved losing his life or even getting injured just for the sake that a few lunatics who dont value their own lives and want to trouble others...
But the fact is, u cannot wipe them out/ fight them openly, when a large majority of our masses can be endangered even in the case of a limited war...as we arent fighting a third world country like somalia....we fighting a nuclear power with strong military and arms...
Also, as I mentioned before the war will severely hit our economy which allows us to spend so much amount of money in a race to outrun our adversary in terms of possible fighting capacity ...So instead of fighting a direct conflict we can win hands down by raising our standards so the enemy cannot even think of winning...

The cheaper alternative that they use of infiltrators is more of a stop gap arrangement ....only to irritate and keep the issue burning...

Also, we cannot initiate even a limited scale war unless and until our lands are seized / our existence is endangered...We had a kargil only when they openly seized our land ...the spending that u mention plays an important in such situations where we won standing on the plains and hitting the mountain peaks which was considered next to impossible by the adversary...

There are certain things in the world which even the mightiest cannot change, US didnt win in vietnam, USSR in afghanistan, US now in afghanistan and iraq.....similarly, the terror infrastructure in Pakistan can only be temporarily demolished in the case of limited war but it would vanish only when the people of Pak eliminate it....

Finally, the world is like a jungle my friend, each passing day we have to come across numerous never ceasing difficulties and have to fight for our survival...cause the law of nature says, "Survival of the fittest and not strongest".
:cheers:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom