What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Ok ma'am my knowledge about films is very poor :rofl:

You rule the world. I prefer watching Hollywood movies only

Bollywood only when i have extra free time :rofl::rofl::rofl: or when i hear if a new movie is very unique.

I always considered All Indian movies as bollywood movies (except Tamils) didn't know if this word Bollywood is specifically used for Hindi movies only

India produces films in more than 20 languages.. Bollywood (B for Bombay) means Hindi Film Industry..

Lollywood = L for Lahore
Bollywood = B for Bombay
Dollywood = D for Dhaka
and so on ...

Anywayz,

A newbie from India (her name is Priya) has started at our workplace today. One of my managers said that I should train her. Here is the gist of our brief conversation :-

Me = How are you?
Priya = I am fine
Me = Where are you from?
Priya = Kerala, India
Me = Oh really... ;) You don't look Indian....
Priya (smiling a little) = What do I look like then?
Me = You can pass off as Persian or Latin... but you don't look Indian
Priya (smiling alot) = Thanks, I will take that as a compliment!
Me = Ofcourse you should!! You don't look Indian at all!!
Priya = You are so sweet! You want to go to lunch with me after the training? I will buy you free lunch!
Me = No Thanks... I am going to Applebee's with my Ukrainian friends

:rofl::rofl:

Last edited:
India produces films in more than 20 languages.. Bollywood (B for Bombay) means Hindi Film Industry..

Lollywood = L for Lahore
Bollywood = B for Bombay
Dollywood = D for Dhaka
and so on ...

so by that logic if "Jaipur" starts Film Industry that will be called

Jollywood

If "Chandigarh" starts producing Movies that will be called

Collywood

and best of all - if "Surat" starts a film industry that will be

Sollywood :rofl:

so by that logic if "Jaipur" starts Film Industry that will be called

Jollywood

If "Chandigarh" starts producing Movies that will be called

Collywood

and best of all - if "Surat" starts a film industry that will be

Sollywood :rofl:

I dont know about that .. but thats how they are naming the film industries uptil now...

Pashto Film Industry which is based in Peshawar is called Pollywood...

Pollywood - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

but say if L for Lollywood is taken by Lahore

What if London wants to starts it new film Industry?

are they going to name it as LLollywood :lol::lol:

Hindi film industry is influenced by Hollywood and Pakistani film industry is influenced by Bollywood...

That is why.. instead of coming up with some original names for their respective industries... they started naming them Bollywood, Lollywood...

That was one of the criticisms raised by some people that Bollywood should be called Hindi Film Industry instead of Bollywood... because the name "Bollywood" sounds like it is a cheap imitation or clone of Hollywood.. same goes for "Lollywood" who is a little cheap sister of "Bollywood"

I am sure Britishers can come up with some original name for their film industry..

Hindi film industry is influenced by Hollywood and Pakistani film industry is influenced by Bollywood...

That is why.. instead of coming up with some original names for their respective industries... they started naming them Bollywood, Lollywood...

That was one of the criticisms raised by some people that Bollywood should be called Hindi Film Industry instead of Bollywood... because the name "Bollywood" sounds like it is a cheap imitation or clone of Hollywood.. same goes for "Lollywood" who is a little cheap sister of "Bollywood"

I am sure Britishers can come up with some original name for their film industry..

thanks you indeed have good knowledge about movies........ i only watch movie........ don't care about anything else.

Bye i am in my bed now going to sleep soon :tup:

Kashmiri girlz are very pretty... I have several Kashmiri friends... But Bengali and Gujarati girlz... :undecided::undecided: Nevermind... ;) I will keep my mouth shut this time... :D

What makes the Gujrati and Bengali girls so "ahem ahem"?......

I tend to think Bengali girls are simply oh so umph.....hmm...lets see...

Bipasha Basu
Sushmita Sen
Sharmila Tagore
Riya Sen
Raima Sen
Moon-Moon Sen
Rani Mukherjee
Koena Mitra
Lisa Ray
Tanushree Dutta......

I think u get the point.....The way I see it...theres hardly any punjabi actresses in Bollywood aka...Hindi cinema....except the Kapoor clan....and Priyanka Chopra....and maybe Preity Zinta if u call Himachal as Punjabi....
In fact the most beautiful actress in Bollywood...or lets say representing South Asians... (Aishwariya Rai...personally not a fan)...is south Indian...plus there are more South Indian actresses than Punjabi.....

What does that say about Punjabi women Ms.Lahore?....Do you think in general Punjabi women are unattractive based on the above?....Do you consider yourself in this brackett? ;)

Last edited:
What makes the Gujrati and Bengali girls so "ahem ahem"?......

I tend to think Bengali girls are simply oh so umph.....hmm...lets see...

Bipasha Basu
Sushmita Sen
Sharmila Tagore
Riya Sen
Raima Sen
Moon-Moon Sen
Rani Mukherjee
Koena Mitra
Lisa Ray
Tanushree Dutta......

I think u get the point.....The way I see it...theres hardly any punjabi actresses in Bollywood aka...Hindi cinema....except the Kapoor clan....and Priyanka Chopra....and maybe Preity Zinta if u call Himachal as Punjabi....
In fact the most beautiful actress in Bollywood...or lets say representing South Asians... (Aishwariya Rai...personally not a fan)...is south Indian...plus there are more South Indian actresses than Punjabi.....

What does that say about Punjabi women Ms.Lahore?....Do you think in general Punjabi women are unattractive based on the above?

What I said was that compared to their numbers (3%)... Bollywood have been traditionally dominated by Punjabis (especially in the past)... I think you are forgetting Akshay Kumar, Hrithik Roshan, Lara Dutta and many others who are Punjabis too...

Traditionally, Aishwariya Roy (with no acting skills) is not considered the most beautiful actress of Bollywood.. Madhubala is..

Madhubala | Upperstall.Com

"Madhubala was without doubt the most beautiful Hindi Film heroine ever. ".

Now coming back to your agument.. why you guyz bring some Bengali actresses to show me how beautiful Bengalis or Bangladeshis are. I want to see some good looking Bangla people in real life... Show me some attractive Bangla people from everyday life and I will atleast acknowledge that some exist.. ;)
Same goes for Gujjus :D

One Aishwariya Roy from South India and one Sushmita Sen from East is not the representation of how majority of South and East Indians look..

On the other hand I can show you thousands and thousands of ordinary Kashmiris and Punjabis and Pushtuns from everyday life who are good looking...

And moderators.. I put this matter to rest... now someone named IMADREAMER started the flame again.. so, dont blame me... :pakistan::D

Anywayz... it is useless arguing on this issue...

Ok guyz I agree that Bengalis are very beautiful.. Now leave me alone please!! :pop:

Put this matter to rest!

What I said was that compared to their numbers (3%)... Bollywood have been traditionally dominated by Punjabis (especially in the past)... I think you are forgetting Akshay Kumar, Hrithik Roshan, Lara Dutta and many others who are Punjabis too...

Traditionally, Aishwariya Roy (with no acting skills) is not considered the most beautiful actress of Bollywood.. Madhubala is..

Madhubala | Upperstall.Com

"Madhubala was without doubt the most beautiful Hindi Film heroine ever. ".

Now coming back to your agument.. why you guyz bring some Bengali actresses to show me how beautiful Bengalis or Bangladeshis are. I want to see some good looking Bangla people in real life... Show me some attractive Bangla people from everyday life and I will atleast acknowledge that some exist.. ;)
Same goes for Gujjus :D

One Aishwariya Roy from South India and one Sushmita Sen from East is not the representation of how majority of South and East Indians look..

On the other hand I can show you thousands and thousands of ordinary Kashmiris and Punjabis and Pushtuns from everyday life who are good looking...

And moderators.. I put this matter to rest... now someone named IMADREAMER started the flame again.. so, dont blame me... :pakistan::D

HAHA.....I kinda like your never give up attitude....unfortunately....your "expertise" is in the knowledge of Bollywood....a rather not so revered skill in these circles.....

But "Fursat mein"....I could keep going on till I prove you wrong....

Let me end by quoting my conversation with a Sikh friend:

Me: Yaar...Ye Sardaniyon ko tum Sardar acche kaise dikhte ho?
Jaiveer: Yaar ye sawaal tum Sardarni se pucho.....

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!!

JinxeD Girl....The colonization of our subcontinent happened because we let the color of our skin become our weakness......United we stand Divided we fall....but if we keep finding ways to divide ourselves.....our enemies will find it even easier to tip us over......

Take my words with a grain on salt......But remember that in the country you live and work in....your regionalism is worth Sh!t!!!

PS: Lara Dutta is Bengali....Also..regarding the Gujju girls....if you knew the Gujju Girls at U of M you probably wouldnt be saying this......and trust me...Im not even Gujrati...

HAHA.....I kinda like your never give up attitude....unfortunately....your "expertise" is in the knowledge of Bollywood....a rather not so revered skill in these circles.....

JinxeD Girl....The colonization of our subcontinent happened because we let the color of our skin become our weakness......United we stand Divided we fall....but if we keep finding ways to divide ourselves.....our enemies will find it even easier to tip us over......

Take my words with a grain on salt......But remember that in the country you live and work in....your regionalism is worth Sh!t!!!

PS: Lara Dutta is Bengali....Also..regarding the Gujju girls....if you knew the Gujju Girls at U of M you probably wouldnt be saying this......

Oh!! and here I was expecting the pictures of some good looking Bangla and Gujju girls/boyz in your post... :cry: Have you ever been to those Patel Grocery Shops owned by Gujjus in Minneapolis?... I don't remember seeing a good looking Gujju.. Anywayz.. Beauty is in the eye of beholder indeed!! ;);)

PS: Lara Dutta is Bengali....Also..regarding the Gujju girls....if you knew the Gujju Girls at U of M you probably wouldnt be saying this......and trust me...Im not even Gujrati...

Lara Dutta was claiming on Koffee with Karan Show that she is a Punjabi girl at heart...

You are right, she look more Bengali.. Why she was claiming to be Punjabi ? :angry:;) :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom