What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
National anthem used the word Sindhu instead of sindh::::

"Punjāba Sindhu Gujarāṭa Marāṭhā
Drāviḍa Utkala Banga
Vindhya Himāchala Yamunā Gangā
Ucchala jaladhi taranga"

i am saying though It may be used for Sind province earlier ,It CAN NOW be used for sind river,,sind basin or sindhi people....

Sindhu is used .... even "Punjab's" old name was "Sapt Sindhu"

Ok good... then I am sure you guyz would have NO objection with "K" in Pakistan if you want to use that excuse... If 0.01% of Sindhi Hindus can represent the "cultural diversity" in your national anthem... so can all the Kashmiris (Butt's etc) who have settled in our Punjab region can represent the "K" in Pakistan whether K remains independent or part of India...

Ok good... then I am sure you guyz would have NO objection with "K" in Pakistan if you want to use that excuse... If 0.01% of Sindhi Hindus can represent the "cultural diversity" in your national anthem... so can all the Kashmiris (Butt's etc) who have settled in our Punjab region can represent the "K" in Pakistan whether K remains independent or part of India...

You can use single, double or triple K s in your name all up to your choice.. But reminding that only K s... nothing else.:lol:

OK no problem,, you can use for kashmiri people living in pakistan....but do not use it for kashmir region :cheers: as it is a part of India.

OK no problem,, you can use for kashmiri people living in pakistan....but do not use it for kashmir region :cheers: as it is a part of India.

Anywayz, you guyz should consider changing your national anthem which was composed in December 1911, precisely at the time of the Coronation Durbar of George V. It is pretty outdated anthem and was composed when Pakistan was part of India. Look at all the controversies associated with it :D:D

Jana Gana Mana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am sure if Allama Iqbal was alive AFTER partition.. he may have changed his poem "Sarey Jahan sai acha Hindustan Hamara" to"Sarey Jahan sai acha Pakistan Hamara".. When he wrote that poem ... Pakistan didn't exist.. :D

People have to accept realities and change with times... :D

Bye I am going to bed now..

Anywayz, you guyz should consider changing your national anthem which was composed in December 1911, precisely at the time of the Coronation Durbar of George V. It is pretty outdated anthem and was composed when Pakistan was part of India. Look at all the controversies associated with it :D:D

"Vande Mataram"(owe to motherland) was the unofficial national anthem during the freedom fight....
it was accepted in 1937

After Independence there were controversies that some communities who opposed idol worship were offended by its depiction of the nation as "Mother Durga", a Hindu goddess.
{{Though it was great idea ,, nation was compared to god}}

SECULAR leader of India then adopted Jana Gana Mana as national anthem to avoid controversy

first president of india said ::
""The composition consisting of words and music known as Jana Gana Mana is the National Anthem of India, subject to such alterations as the Government may authorise as occasion arises, and the song Vande Mataram, which has played a historic part in the struggle for Indian freedom, shall be honored equally with Jana Gana Mana and shall have equal status with it. ""

but the controversies continued... :rofl::rofl:

presently there is no controversy on our national anthem: Jana Gana Mana
((there are many controvercies to our national songs 'Vande matram'
which some muslims declaredm they will not sing))

in 2005 the case was filed in Supreme Coart of India to deleat the word sindh from nationalal anthem but was rejected....

Every indian sees the National Anthem with respect
((Most indian sees the national song with respect))

presently there is no controversy on our national anthem: Jana Gana Mana
((there are many controvercies to our national songs 'Vande matram'
which some muslims declaredm they will not sing))

in 2005 the case was filed in Supreme Coart of India to deleat the word sindh from nationalal anthem but was rejected....

Every indian sees the National Anthem with respect
((Most indian sees the national song with respect))

I am not Indian and controversies don't involve Indians only... :D I object to using Punjab and Sindh in your national anthem.. You can stick with your own opinion and I will stick to mine.. :D:D hehe

Good night... I am really tired now... we will continue with this tomorrow... :pakistan:

I am not Indian and controversies don't involve Indians only... :D I object to using Punjab and Sindh in your national anthem.. You can stick with your own opinion and I will stick to mine.. :D:D hehe

Good night... I am really tired now... we will continue with this tomorrow... :pakistan:

Oh go & sleep now......i will outanswer you tommorow :bunny::bunny:

More than 7,000 Kashmiris take exams to join police

By IANS,

Srinagar: More than 7,000 Kashmiri youth across the Valley Saturday took examinations to join the police force.

"More than 7,000 candidates who had passed the physical tests for selection to the posts of sub-inspector of police sat for the written exams in the Valley," Owais Ahmad, inspector general of police, told IANS.

"Similarly, 6,000 candidates sat for the same exam in the Jammu region," he added.

Thronging the various examination centres in the state's summer capital Srinagar, the candidates were very enthusiastic to join the local police department.

"It has been my dream to join the police department. The concept of the service has completely changed over the years. If one is sincere and dedicated, he can do a lot for the society being a police officer," said Shakeel Ahmed, a candidate who appeared at one of the examination centres here.

The response by the locals to join the police department is a far cry from the early days of violence here in 1990 when Kashmiris would fear even admitting they had relatives or friends in the police force.

"The uniform has its own dignity and grace. If more and more qualified youth join the police department the ages-old mindset about the police being a ruthless, merciless force would change," said Bilal Ahmad, 51, who accompanied his son Arif to one of the examination centres.

However, some of the candidates said they had decided to join the police department as they had no other avenue of employment.

"I have passed my masters in computer applications and would have liked to join a department where my skills would be put to some better use.

"Anyway, I must do my best to make it to the selection list," said Muzaffar Ahmad, 25.

Asked to comment on Muzaffar's remark that the knowledge of computers would not have much use in the police department, a senior police officer said: "It is strange some candidates don't have the right notion about the use of computers and information technology in the police department.

"The state police force is using information technology in every field of its activity and we plan to put every police station in the state online by employing computer technology within the next few years," he added.

More opportunities for youth of Kashmir should be created its pointless for thousand of ppl joining the police not because they want to but because they have limited opportunities :hitwall:

Hope to see more opportunities in the valley :cheers: the government & the private sector must increase their investment.

More opportunities for youth of Kashmir should be created its pointless for thousand of ppl joining the police not because they want to but because they have limited opportunities :hitwall:

Hope to see more opportunities in the valley :cheers: the government & the private sector must increase their investment.

Exactly. The Kashmiri youth should be provided the same opportunities as any other youth in India. However, this is a good step forward. Things are definitely getting better.

get rid of article 370 and allow all indian conglomerates to open industries in J&K. It will solve for itself

Back
Top Bottom