What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
India always betrayed Pakistan: Hafiz Saeed - GEO.tv

LAHORE: Banned Jamat-ud-Dawa chief Hafiz Muhammad Saeed says that India has always betrayed Pakistan in the name of talks.

Addressing a Kashmir Solidarity Rally here on Friday, he has asked Indian Home Minister Chidambaram to meet him first in Lahore before heading to Islamabad.

Earlier, he led a rally from Chobrgi to Punjab Assembly to mark the Kashmir Solidarity Day. The participants of the rally were holding placards inscribed with Kashmir slogans.

“While the United States failed to stay in Afghanistan then how could India remain in Kashmir,” he said.

The JuD chief stated India has always deceived Pakistan in the name of dialogue.

Comment - Non state actors holding open rallies? The old plausible deniability? No more, there'll be price to pay.

did this dude lost all his marbles or what ............. is he the pakistani prime minister or the president oops those are just puppets......... is he the army chief or what.................. dude we don't negotiate with terrorist we just kill them on sight.................
:sniper::sniper::sniper::sniper::sniper::sniper:

Correct from the Indian point of view.

Punjab isn't a fair target, since its not disputed territory.

You can't take over Punjab - period. Indian soldiers stepping into Punjab will face gun fire from every household. You tried it in 1965 and were chased back. During the Indian sponsored takeover of the Police station outside Lahore by militants, the public were itching to go in and beat the crap out of the militants.

It is.

Very fair and non hypocritic response.. AA. very impressed.. hats off...

did you just say that we should fight and decide who gets Kashmir??
have you still not accepted the results of two or three similar Pakistani ventures in the past?
and indeed use of force would be preferred by us..as we won't ponder over the "provided it will work" aspect...if you are not happy with the status quo...war is a good option indeed.

We have talked about the wars in many posts. Paritosh. U still keep on assuming that India won all the wars.

whem would u start to speak the truth. man.

U R still living in dreams.

KASHMIR BELONGS TO INDIA

U.N. resolutions say kashmir is a disputed territory.

Stop assuming and start listening to U.N. or quite U.N as u have signed the U.N. charter of a responsible U.N. member and to abide by its rules resolutions and Laws.

:pakistan:

Stop assuming and start listening to U.N. or quite U.N as u have signed the U.N. charter of a responsible U.N. member and to abide by its rules resolutions and Laws.

hence UN should also listen to india

its not my assumptions i am clear in my saying

laato ke bhut bato se nahi mante

Kabhi aaienaa daikh lainaaa, shayid dikh jayee kae konsaa bara bhoot hai. Aur ager naa dikhayee dae, tu samagh lainaa ankhain aur dimagh dono apni jaga per nahien hain.

the UN resolution of 1948 is no longer enforcable.. get over it... UN has.. When did you last see a neutral country of importance raise this issue in last few years??

We have talked about the wars in many posts. Paritosh. U still keep on assuming that India won all the wars.

whem would u start to speak the truth. man.

U R still living in dreams.

I know that if a man of average intelligence wants to believe in a certain 'fact'...then he'd find loop-holes in every counter-argument he gets...which is true for both you and me...
I hope that for the sake of practicality and to an extent righteousness you understand that it is not possible for Pakistan to dunk India out of Kashmir which is logistically connected to the Indian mainland.
If there is a "great battle of Kashmir"...I can guarantee that the status quo would be maintained as it is the most mutually beneficial option of all the other options.

If there is a "great battle of Kashmir"...I can guarantee that the status quo would be maintained as it is the most mutually beneficial option of all the other options.

Status Quo helps India and works against Pakistan. It is in India's interest to maintain the current situation and give up an inch for any resolution.

The more time, India has, the stronger side we become in Kashmir.

Those resolutions are 'recommendatory' not 'obligatory'. What that means is that, you can scream from every roof top with a megaphone, for as long as you like, it will still not be binding on us. We are there, and will continue to do so till eternity, in exercise of our rights granted over to us by a) the Maharaja b) UN.

In fact, presence of Pakistani citizen/national in any part of Kashmir is illegal and against UN writ. May be you should direct your lecture on how to be a 'responsible U.N. member and to abide by its rules resolutions and Laws', to your government.

I hope that for the sake of practicality and to an extent righteousness you understand that it is not possible for Pakistan to dunk India out of Kashmir which is logistically connected to the Indian mainland.
Your argument might stand for Ladakh and Jammu, but you're turning a blind eye to the most populous and rebellious region, the Valley. They will never be satisfied with the status-quo, and hence, you will never be able to achieve true peaceful relations (or righteousness).

If self-determination is not acceptable to India (which it clearly isn't), then at least you must compromise on the Valley so that all parties can be satisfied. Line of Control must move East in the Valley, with about 70% coming into Pakistan and remaining 30% in India. However, this solution will be unnacceptable to you as it will make you seem like you're on the losing side (and any political paty that supports this would never again win a seat in India). Hence, we are in a situation where either India loses territory or it continues to occupy for much longer, and we know which path most of you would prefer.
Status Quo helps India and works against Pakistan. It is in India's interest to maintain the current situation and give up an inch for any resolution.

The more time, India has, the stronger side we become in Kashmir.
Status-quo works against both Pakistan and the majority of Kashmiris in the Valley for whom it has been unacceptable since 1947. It does, you're correct, work for India. But the fact that only India will be satisfied with it alone will ensure that no matter how "strong" India gets there, it will never be able to occupy the people forever. Like I said, you either lose territory now and save face, or you lose territory a hundred years from now and get humiliated.

OR! Here's a crazy idea, let the Kashmiris choose for themselves! Each district gets to choose its destiny, which is a right they've been denied by you thus far.

Edit
Sorry, I must say something about the topic of the thread as well. You all know very well that Hafiz Saeed isn't very popular on either side of the border. The only reason his speaches get so much media coverage in your part of the world is because you want to hang on to some hope that you're not completely in the wrong in Kashmir. It's more for self-reassurance than information.

Similar meetings held by extremist people in India rarely ever get any air-time in Pakistan (and don't you dare argue that similar rallies aren't held in India), because we don't require self-reassurance that we are right in our stand. At least not as long as 14-year old boys get killed while playing Cricket and peaceful rallies are forefully broken up without legitimate reasons in Srinagar.

Last edited:
I don't support JuD to take the fight to Kashmir, especially if their base of operations are going to be in Pakistan. All armed forces serving Pakistan must be subservient to the Pakistan Army and only they can order such a move.

Although it is presently not possible, but nothing wrong in preparing and increasing India's cost of holding Kashmir. Then talks can be offered as a middle route, until we both realize and agree that the only solution is to let Kashmir go free, for the Kashmiris. Neither one of us gets it.

OR! Here's a crazy idea, let the Kashmiris choose for themselves! Each district gets to choose its destiny, which is a right they've been denied by you thus far.
How do you suppose that should happen? As per UN resolutions or you have something on your mind. Please do share.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom