What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Who cares what these Kashmiri thinks.

Wah. Wonder why u raise the slogan "Kashmir hamara hai" if you dont give a damn about them. Thank you for putting the Indian sentiment towards Kashmiris in a open forum :tup:

They are azaad, i.e. free, of Indian domination.
Hence the name Azad (free), as opposed to Indian occupied Kashmir.

Courtesy of the fact that, compared to IOK, there is no comparable movement in Azad Kashmir seeking independence from Pakistan. Pakistan doesn't need to position 600,000 soldiers to quash any indepedence movement.
The 'dispute' as per UN, and agreed upon by both India and Pakistan, is regarding 'ownership' of Kashmir, which includes the Northern areas. Unless 'ownership' is decided, 'dispute' is not resolved.

At least that's the impression that the cheerleaders for UN give. What these cheerleaders forgot to tell us was that Pakistan gets to pick and choose the criteria for 'ownership'. Wonder why, then Pakistanis whine for plebiscite?

Oh well, thats Pakistan for us.
What Pakistan and India say about Kashmir doesn't matter. Pakistan has been trying to internationalize the issue, while India is adamant about keeping it strictly bilateral. The whole point of China's visa action is to make it crystal clear to India that China (a third party) considers Kashmir to be an international issue, thus supporting Pakistan's position.
Wasn't aware of any dispute, where, what the parties to the dispute say, 'don't matter.'

Then again, thats Pakistan for us.

At least that's the impression that the cheerleaders for UN give. What these cheerleaders forgot to tell us was that Pakistan gets to pick and choose the criteria for 'ownership'. Wonder why, then Pakistanis whine for plebiscite?

Or we could let the Kashmiris decide the issue of who 'owns' them.
What a concept!

Oh well, thats Pakistan for us.

Denying the right of self-determination to the Kashmiris.
That's 'democratic' India for you.

Wasn't aware of any dispute, where, what the parties to the dispute say, 'don't matter.'

It "doesn't matter" in the sense that it's predictable.
And more importantly, the real voice that should matter should be the Kashmiris themselves, not India or Pakistan.

Or we could let the Kashmiris decide the issue of who 'owns' them.
What a concept!
Didn't take too long to move that goal post. Did it now.

First you claimed that Pakistan got to decide its ownership on its share of the pie. Now you are claiming that Kashmiris should decide that issue.

Decide which line of argument you want to pursue. If it is the first one, then Kashmirs don't get to decide. If it is the later, then 'Azad' Kashmir is not yet Pakistan's.
Denying the right of self-determination to the Kashmiris.
That's 'democratic' India for you.
Did you say, democratic India? Well I guess, given the fact, that UN requires each party to be responsible for the administration of their individual part of Kashmir, India does give the Kashmiris the right to administer themselves. Thats democratic India for you.

As with Kashmiris right of self-determination, well, you seem to be undecided if it is at all necessary. It would seem that if 'Azad' Kashmir, as well as Northern areas can belong to Pakistan, or that teeny tiny piece of Kashmir can belong to China, then it is not necessary at all.
It "doesn't matter" in the sense that it's predictable.
And more importantly, the real voice that should matter should be the Kashmiris themselves, not India or Pakistan.
You sure thats how Northern areas and 'Azad' Kashmir became Pakistan's. I am not so sure though.

Besides, if thats how it 'should' be, then basically you defeat your own country's stance and actually rally around mine.

Didn't take too long to move that goal post. Did it now.

First you claimed that Pakistan got to decide its ownership on its share of the pie. Now you are claiming that Kashmiris should decide that issue.

Please show me where I said that Pakistan should decide the Kashmiris' future.

I have always maintained that Kashmiris should decide their own future. A right demanded by the UN resolution and denied them by India.

The rest of your post is basically rehashing your unsubstantiated claim above.

Please show me where I said that Pakistan should decide the Kashmiris' future.

I have always maintained that Kashmiris should decide their own future. A right demanded by the UN resolution and denied them by India.

The rest of your post is basically rehashing your unsubstantiated claim above.
Ask and ye shall receive.

Sure, you didn't say 'Pakistan should decide the Kashmiris' future'. But you sure did imply that Pakistan has decided on its part of Kashmir.
Azad Kashmir is part of Pakistan...
If it is so, then it certainly was decided by Pakistan and Pakistan alone, because surely it was not decided by Kashmiris.

Then you clarified that this decision was based on lack of 'comparable movement in Azad Kashmir seeking independence from Pakistan'. That, lack of 'comparable movement' qualifies as a criteria for determining 'ownership', is your and only your proposition. Not of Kashmiris.
2. All dispute regarding 'Azad' Kashmir has vanished into thin air, courtesy some mysterious Djinn.

Courtesy of the fact that, compared to IOK, there is no comparable movement in Azad Kashmir seeking independence from Pakistan. Pakistan doesn't need to position 600,000 soldiers to quash any indepedence movement.
My case rests.

My previous experience tells me, you are now going to play the semantics game, something in the line of, '...but hey, I meant this, not that'

Last edited:
I read somewhere here that during partition, Kashmiris chose to be with India. Now something like that really puts all your claims into perspective. I wouldn't be surprised if tomorrow you claim the Palestinians want Israeli settlements on their land, or that they want to live like prisoners in their own land. The Kashmir issue is as plain as the Palestine issue, though, thankfully for the Kashmiris, they have a country beside them to ensure nothing like the Gaza operation in 2008 ever happens there. There will always be people who defend the oppressors, Israel has massive support in the US, but to the neutral eye, it's a no contest. Justice, InshAllah, will be served eventually. As much you'd like to, history dictates that you can't occupy that land forever unless, somehow, you can win over the majority of the populace. You won't ever do that without giving them what the demand. So its a no-win for you.

Wow! Nice to see some rustic Punjabi behind those mind numbing UN resolutions! :tup:

Of course we all know whose tatte vanished where and when ..... or were they congenitally undescended to start with?

Cheers, Doc
Lol. Why so interested in our tattes, doc?

The residents of British India also voted in elections under the British Raj.

At a basic level people want governance.

Elections reflect their desires in terms of how they wish to be governed, a plebsicite would reflect their desire of which nation they owe allegiance to.

I just cant see India allowing the nonmuslims even if they are minority be subject Blasphemy laws where they can be excuted if they say something agains Islam or the Quran or the women to go to prison for 5 year according to Pakistan Laws if they are raped and they cant get 4 Muslims Men to testife to the rape....I sure would not want Kashmir’ being part of Pakistan,, India is bad enough.

The Kashmir issue is as plain as the Palestine issue, though, thankfully for the Kashmiris, they have a country beside them to ensure nothing like the Gaza operation in 2008 ever happens there.

Operations far worse than Gaza happened in East Pakistan and Balochistan.

Wah. Wonder why u raise the slogan "Kashmir hamara hai" if you dont give a damn about them. Thank you for putting the Indian sentiment towards Kashmiris in a open forum :tup:

One loose comment by a misguided individual does not become the "Indian sentiment".

mother fuckers indians me from waziristan if u dare to attack pakistan pathan will fight with u.like tribals capture kashmir from u........

You be careful with ur language irfan wazir... post reported

Lol. Why so interested in our tattes, doc?

he he .... not your tatte buddy .... I have enough trouble in real life controlling my own, even at what is generally considered to be a responsible sober age.

But I quite liked AM's "tattay vanish" descent from his usually severe poper stiff upper lip stance ..... makes him more human! :)

Also shows slight regional differences in colloquilaisms. Here we say "tatte jaam" ..... as also "gote" when referring to their sudden ascent into mouth.

Par woh sab to theek hai PAFace ..... on the topic of tatte, one absolute truth would no doubt not not have escaped you ..... or AM either .....

Aur woh yeh ki .....

Tatte bhale hi kitne bade kyun na ho jayein,

Aukat to unki l...e ke neeche hi hoti hai.

Khuda hafiz! :toast_sign:

Cheers, Doc

I just cant see India allowing the nonmuslims even if they are minority be subject Blasphemy laws where they can be excuted if they say something agains Islam or the Quran or the women to go to prison for 5 year according to Pakistan Laws if they are raped and they cant get 4 Muslims Men to testife to the rape....I sure would not want Kashmir’ being part of Pakistan,, India is bad enough.

Your needle is stuck just at one point, can you think and post something out of the box ? Taking few exceptional incidents and generalizing on whole Pakistan or on Islam is not the way.

You will find much worse incidents then the ones you are referring on every thread in present and past associated with different religions of the world and happening in different countries, even we see worse incidents in the so called developed and civilized countries and nations.

And if you have no knowledge of Islam and the laws given, then poking your nose in religion related discussions is not a proper thing.

Instead of ranting about these exceptional incidents and generalizing it, it would be better if you study Islam (specially if you are a Muslim) and know about the real solution of the issues you are referring to provided by Qur'an and Sunnah.

Any action done by religious extremist after twisting or doing the interpretation of Islamic laws for their own use does not makes Islam and its laws draconian or human rights abuses.

And the people of Kashmir know all these things, they prefer being with Pakistan rather then serve under occupation and going though daily Indian atrocities which are many times more brutal then the ones you keep referring everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom