What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
If that be your argument, you should have stuck to that rather than making a disingenuous offer of population transfer of primarily Buddhist & Hindu areas. That opens up the argument to the natural corollary that i have put forward. My point stands.

you ve put forward transferring population of kashmir valley to P-O-K.But when there is independent united J&K then there is no question arises of kashmir valley question that is to be answered is that are Jammu and Laddak people wish to live in united country of J&K.if yes then most welcome.its there wish if they wish to move over to india.

Thanks but NO thanks for the link.
Keep dreaming ... not going to happen without a war ... and we all know how it has been in the past. We have already discussed at length in this forum on full independence and I don't want to get into that discussion all over again.
If India is ready to commit genocide of 10 millions then so be it.but india wont get J&K without bloodshed.

not at all a practical solution. the practical solution would be

1. converting Loc into permanent border.

Agreed !

2. demilitarisation of J&K

Not complete and immediate de-militarisation. As a gradual process and ultimately only the BSF should be in the borders.

3. enhanced autonomy to J&K.

Autonomy within the ambits of the Indian constitution whereby Currency,External Trade,Foreign Affairs and Defence are managed by India. Rest they can take care of themselves.

4. enhanced economic copperation between POKand IHK.

Unfortunately I dont agree --- Until and unless pakistan too commits itself and agrees J&K to be a part of India this should not happen.Even then I am sceptic about this point and free travel across LoC as it may facilitate rogue elements also.

5. better economic package and job opportunities to people of J&K.

Only way is to encourage private investment there. Once a Tata or a reliance or a Birla sets shop there, I dont think there is any turning back.

But there are two important point :

1. All this should be considered only after the Pandits who were forced out of their homes are allowed to re-settle and are guarenteed their safety.
  2. And I dont think the people of Jammu and Ladakh want to be treated specially.They want to be Indian citizens and so the autonomy can be granted to the Valley alone.

If realities would ve blurred over 6 decades of J&K sstruggle then india wouldnt ve been struck over there in same situation as it was when it first stepped onto J&K soil.
If realities would ve been blurred then india would not ve been negotiating for the contours of the solution for J&K whom it considers as integral part.
Sorry to say its india who is stuck in time wrap not J&K.

Go refresh your history on who stepped into JnK soil first and therefore created this problem at the first place. Kashmir was just fine till external forces started fomenting problems in the area... It was a downhill slide after then because of the heavy military presence.
Think what caused the heavy military presence in the region at the first place. I don't know how old you are, but I remember Kashmir was jannat in 70s and 80s till militancy crept in and then followed by Kargil incident.

Well I am not interested in what you want, I am commenting about what Chidambram meant when he said "Contours of solution for J&K soon" and if you believe he will be offering Azadi to Kashmir the all I can do is :rofl:
Well if indian govt is being forced to negotiate contours of solution over J&K then it will sure be forced for azadi to it just the matter of time.

you ve put forward transferring population of kashmir valley to P-O-K.But when there is independent united J&K then there is no question arises of kashmir valley question that is to be answered is that are Jammu and Laddak people wish to live in united country of J&K.if yes then most welcome.its there wish if they wish to move over to india.

Says who ??

Did you just forget "WE" still control Kashmir and if anybody(Kashmiri Muslims) is unsatisfied they very well know where the door is.

If India is ready to commit genocide of 10 millions then so be it.but india wont get J&K without bloodshed.

I pity you since you seem not to know that we have already got J&K. :lol:

Go refresh your history on who stepped into JnK soil first and therefore created this problem at the first place. Kashmir was just fine till external forces started fomenting problems in the area... It was a downhill slide after then because of the heavy military presence.
Think what caused the heavy military presence in the region at the first place. I don't know how old you are, but I remember Kashmir was jannat in 70s and 80s till militancy crept in and then followed by Kargil incident.
you ve gone there on the invitation of J&K ruler not its people.

Only way is to encourage private investment there. Once a Tata or a reliance or a Birla sets shop there, I dont think there is any turning back.

Interesting. Does the central govt. give any subsidies/tax exemptions etc. to companies who do business in J&K??

Well if indian govt is being forced to negotiate contours of solution over J&K then it will sure be forced for azadi to it just the matter of time.

Well the last time I checked Kashmir has been a part of Indian union since the last 60+ years

Indian Government is working on an internal problem but if you think any Indian Government will be forced to offer azadi and that is a matter of time all I can say is keep on dreaming or better still grow some balls, wage a war and take it from us

Interesting. Does the central govt. give any subsidies/tax exemptions etc. to companies who do business in J&K??

I am not sure whether the Govt gives subsidyto private companies or not, but it sure gives subsidies running into thousands of crores annually to the J&K Govt.

I am not sure whether the Govt gives subsidyto private companies or not, but it sure gives subsidies running into thousands of crores annually to the J&K Govt.

We all know how efficiently that money is used. It'll be better to give subsidies to private sector instead in the form of SEZs etc.

Says who ??

Did you just forget "WE" still control Kashmir and if anybody(Kashmiri Muslims) is unsatisfied they very well know where the door is.
And soon gonna kicked out too.And door has already been shown to u.

I pity you since you seem not to know that we have already got J&K. :lol:
Nah dont pity me.pity urself.An aspiring global superpower ,shining india, and claimant to UNSC has been bought to its knees just by bunch of stone throwing kids.No,u never had control over J&K.u are juggling with it like a hot potato for 63 yrs.

Back
Top Bottom