What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
I'm going to take all three responses and roll them into one.
You may disagree with me, but I speak the God honest truth, you can always act like champs of this issue but nobody quite understands it as I do(I don't mean to gloat). As an analyst and as someone who has actually seen action on the LoC, I know that this issue isn't that tough to resolve at all. The people are willing, the GoP is willing the only nod that they are looking for is from the GoI. It's a simple referendum supervised by the UN which will be much simpler(in terms of area to foresee) than the elections that our countries hold every 5 years but that simple election will save hundreds of thousands of lives that will be lost if this issue continues to be ignored.
Infact, you might as well not hold the referendum, a quick visit will tell you that most of the people will only agree to being declared either independent or a special administrative region somewhat like Azad Kashmir but with Independent armed forces and currency(pegged to Pakistani/Indian rupee).

You may disagree with me, but I speak the God honest truth, you can always act like champs of this issue but nobody quite understands it as I do(I don't mean to gloat). As an analyst and as someone who has actually seen action on the LoC, I know that this issue isn't that tough to resolve at all. The people are willing, the GoP is willing the only nod that they are looking for is from the GoI. It's a simple referendum supervised by the UN which will be much simpler(in terms of area to foresee) than the elections that our countries hold every 5 years but that simple election will save hundreds of thousands of lives that will be lost if this issue continues to be ignored.
Infact, you might as well not hold the referendum, a quick visit will tell you that most of the people will only agree to being declared either independent or a special administrative region somewhat like Azad Kashmir but with Independent armed forces and currency(pegged to Pakistani/Indian rupee).

lol Itna simple bhi nahin hai yaar. :tsk::tsk:

Anyways,

you do not speak 'The Truth', you speak what YOU think is 'The Truth'.

See, there are three types of truths:

1. Your truth.

2. My truth.

3. The true truth.

Your above post is the first type of truth.

And even Kashmir has lost steam outside Kashmir, now.

All else I might agree with but you are truly mistaken if you believe what you just wrote.
These things have a funny way of coming back to haunt you when you think they are gone. An ideology once concocted never dies out completely, it just thins out and comes back another day.
Take for example Nazism(Facism), Talibanization, Nuclear politics.
They should all have "Lost Steam" but they are all staging a come back.

i respect ur knowledge in this case but i think as far as plebiscite is concerned no country will do that. inegrity & national pride will come in way.

Laat marke bhagao gaddar ko. He is the worst politician i have ever seen. For some political gain and benefit he is ready to sell his soul. He is sold he is sold he is utterly sold out.

lol Itna simple bhi nahin hai yaar. :tsk::tsk:

Anyways,

you do not speak 'The Truth', you speak what YOU think is 'The Truth'.

See, there are three types of truths:

1. Your truth.

2. My truth.

3. The true truth.

Your above post is the first type of truth.

Very well put, Dear friend..............
A very wise man once said "A war(in this case an ideological clash) is never between a wrong and a right, it is always between two rights. It just depends on which right can over power the other"
Therefore I cannot simply refute your point of view, hence we carry on with this fruitless issue that will most probable never be solved. People will lay down their life, thinking they will make a difference but to no avail.

But Farooq Abdullah didn't say that Kashmir is the (or will become) part of India. Did he?

You may disagree with me, but the referendum is not that simple. Times have changed. 1947 was different. Lot of blood has flowed since then. Nationalistic identities are much stronger now. World has moved away from Kashmir. China has become one of the stakeholders. Demographics have changed. India’s National stakes are stronger in Kashmir then they were back then….so, as it is unthinkable for Indian to get hold of P-O-K and GB, it is impossible for Pakistan to get hold of J&K…the best solution is recognize the status quo and move on

True Struggle has to end some day with the achievement of goal.

If India go the way what China and Israel did,the world will not hear any stories about the struggle,thanks to Indian restraint they r allowing this fake struggle

The topic and story should be like kashmir will never become part of india ... simply or part of no one and a seperate state let the people of kashmir live in peace for GOD's sake .

Back
Top Bottom