What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
It's a typical American convoluted manipulation. In the wake of Muslim retaliation threat, U.S. now wants to play a role of mediator in Kashmir than ever before. They want to create an impression that U.S. was uninterested in the matter and it was Kashmiris who were dying for U.S. intervention.

It's a typical American convoluted manipulation. In the wake of Muslim retaliation threat, U.S. now wants to play a role of mediator in Kashmir than ever before. They want to create an impression that U.S. was uninterested in the matter and it was Kashmiris who were dying for U.S. intervention.

So how is the journey here with a false flag going so far?

India welcomes exclusion of J&K from U.N. disputes list

India on Monday welcomed the reported exclusion of Jammu and Kashmir from the list of unresolved international disputes.

“It has been reported that U.N. has dropped Kashmir from the list of unresolved disputed. I think, if this step has been taken, I welcome it,” Minister of State for External Affairs Praneet Kaur told reporters here.

“We have always firmly maintained that Jammu and Kashmir is an integral part of India... This is a very welcome step and we hope that in same way the U.N. addresses our bilateral issues,” she added.

Pakistan's envoy has lodged a protest against the omission of Jammu and Kashmir from a list of disputes under the observation of the U.N. Security Council.

The development has come as a setback to Pakistan which has been asking the world body to intervene on the issue.

The Hindu : News / National : India welcomes exclusion of J&K from U.N. disputes list

Jai Ho ;)

Jammu and Kashmir has been removed from the United Nations list of unresolved disputes, in a setback to Pakistan which has been asking the world body to intervene on the issue.

The omission of Jammu and Kashmir from the list of disputes under the observation of the Security Council was noticed by Pakistan, whose envoy has filed a protest.

“The Jammu and Kashmir dispute was not mentioned in the context of unresolved long-running situations,” Pakistan's acting envoy to the U.N. Amjad Hussain B Sial said. “We understand this was an inadvertent omission, as Jammu and Kashmir is one of the oldest disputes on the agenda of the Security Council,” he said, speaking at the General Assembly session, which was discussing the functioning and reform of the Security Council.

It was organised by the U.K., which holds the presidency of the Security Council this month.

Pakistan has been asking the U.N. to intervene to help resolve the issue, but India has always maintained that the dispute has to be resolved bilaterally.

The Hindu : News / National : Jammu and Kashmir out of U.N. list of disputes

though this news is couple of hours old yet i don't find similar thread anywhere....lets c how members will react to it.... i think what Pakistan envoy is saying is correct, this would be an inadvertent mistake, no???
Sensible decision. We welcome this change.

Sorry man. Keeping flags of India doesn't make you one. Your comments are so typical. Been following your words since yesterday. Please get your real flags out. Why such hesitation to have your real countries' for the world to see?

I'm half-Bhutanese half-Indian and I am proud of both my sides. What's the harm in showing your nationality?

I am waiting for Syed Geelani`s comment

Bechara.... pahle people ne protest karne se mana kar diya or ab UN :rofl::rofl:

Childish indians with updating threads every few seconds, to see what the big, bad, Pakistanis are doing, it is the height of indian self loathing, their whole reason'detre is by posting some obscure little piece of news, their self castration will some how be reversed.

The anonymous nature of the internet lets some indians stick their chest out, when in reality they are very passive, totally subdued people.

I'll allow the Kashmiri's to speak for themselves:-

On August 15, India's independence day, Lal Chowk, the nerve centre of Srinagar, was taken over by thousands of people who hoisted the Pakistani flag and wished each other "happy belated independence day" (Pakistan celebrates independence on August 14) and "happy slavery day". Humour obviously, has survived India's many torture centres and Abu Ghraibs in Kashmir.

As the crowd continued to swell I listened carefully to the slogans, because rhetoric often holds the key to all kinds of understanding. There were plenty of insults and humiliation for India: Ay jabiron ay zalimon, Kashmir hamara chhod do (Oh oppressors, Oh wicked ones, Get out of our Kashmir.) The slogan that cut through me like a knife and clean broke my heart was this one: Nanga bhookha Hindustan, jaan se pyaara Pakistan. (Naked, starving India, More precious than life itself - Pakistan.)

Arundhati Roy

:)

Childish indians with updating threads every few seconds, to see what the big, bad, Pakistanis are doing, it is the height of indian self loathing, their whole reason'detre is by posting some obscure little piece of news, their self castration will some how be reversed.

Dude if you have problems with Indians participating in this international forum talk to the mods.. no need to repeat the same words in all the threads..

And also the later part is irrelavant ...arundhati roy thread is on the other side.. this is about new UN's decision.. please stay on topic and if u have anything to say regarding it , we welcome it.

The human spirit tells me, that if the people continue their fight, the evil fascist indian state will never be able to suppress the valiant people of Kashmir.

A man called Gandhi was also mocked by the British, with their instruments of oppression, Aung San Suu Kyi was held by the Burma regime. East Timor was liberated.

You cannot hold a people in chains forever :)

i think it is not possible to just resolve this as this will go on for eternity....and status quo is the best way that all the nations are satisfied (india pakistan and china ) cause noone in the world wants to raise a new war or even a hot debate over this issue ....................

The anonymous nature of the internet lets some indians stick their chest out, when in reality they are very passive, totally subdued people.

I'll allow the Kashmiri's to speak for themselves:-

On August 15, India's independence day, Lal Chowk, the nerve centre of Srinagar, was taken over by thousands of people who hoisted the Pakistani flag and wished each other "happy belated independence day" (Pakistan celebrates independence on August 14) and "happy slavery day". Humour obviously, has survived India's many torture centres and Abu Ghraibs in Kashmir.

As the crowd continued to swell I listened carefully to the slogans, because rhetoric often holds the key to all kinds of understanding. There were plenty of insults and humiliation for India: Ay jabiron ay zalimon, Kashmir hamara chhod do (Oh oppressors, Oh wicked ones, Get out of our Kashmir.) The slogan that cut through me like a knife and clean broke my heart was this one: Nanga bhookha Hindustan, jaan se pyaara Pakistan. (Naked, starving India, More precious than life itself - Pakistan.)

Arundhati Roy

first of all AR is not a kashmiri,she is like just any other citizen of the country,and she is not the only one with permit to comment about Kashmir,as fellow Indian Kashmir we also have the rights,and we claim Kashmir is India,now we also have a U.N seal on it

And about India's updating the tread in a few seconds,we r also welcome to do the same,but i can watch ur helplessness,u people had run out of arguments.

The human spirit tells me, that if the people continue their fight, the evil fascist indian state will never be able to suppress the valiant people of Kashmir.

A man called Gandhi was also mocked by the British, with their instruments of oppression, Aung San Suu Kyi was held by the Burma regime. East Timor was liberated.

You cannot hold a people in chains forever :)

and u can keep dreaming,dreaming and dreaming,u had done that for 63 yrs,we will not mind if u do that for another 630 yrs:cheers:

Back
Top Bottom