What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Thanks for my friends reminding me about, the Brits - they too felt they would never leave, look forward to the day when we will see a great big statue to Ms Roy in the centre of delhi, where indian's will bring their children to pay homage to the saviour of india.
The courage of Ms Roy humbles us all....

Waah bhai... waah.. badi asaani se humble ho jaata hai tu to...

Buddy she is a 'no_one'... don't compare her to our freedom fighters...

Our freedom fighters sacrificed their lives for us to see today. She just gave one speech and becomes a freedom fighter at the same time living in an air conditioned mansion with all the luxuries that 99% people in both India and Pakistan cannot afford?

Well there is a movement of left leaning indian students in the US and UK and all over the world, that actually think very highly of Ms Roy, in fact they think that the Naxalite movement does justice for the poor.

Some people have gained egress, and you find them raising awareness, by organising exhibitions, about untouchables and tribal's, to them Ms Roy is a hero and a royal model, in fact I have heard them refer to her as a "revolutionary ideal".

Waah bhai... waah.. badi asaani se humble ho jaata hai tu to...

Buddy she is a 'no_one'... don't compare her to our freedom fighters...

Our freedom fighters sacrificed their lives for us to see today. She just gave one speech and becomes a freedom fighter at the same time living in an air conditioned mansion with all the luxuries that 99% people in both India and Pakistan cannot afford?

Hi dezi buddy, IMHO people should be judged on their actions and not by their background, Ms Roy speaks her mind, knowing in a third world society that could get her into serious trouble.

Even if we disagree with her, her bravery for being a woman and an intellectual - are indeed laudable.

@Rafi... her bravery or stupidity (perspectives) is indeed laudable. But your comment about giving her the stature given to our freedom fighters was at best a cheap comment. Respect of that cadre are hard earned.

Well rafi before commenting on ur post i would like to know ur take on
a]why pak is interested in kashmir
and b]solution for kashmir according to you.

Pakistan is interested in Kashmir, because of the big Kashmiri diaspora, throughout the country, who keep pressure on elected officials, regarding occupied Kashmir, it's like your tamils - are concerned for their cousins in Lanka. But the main issue is it is left over of partition, and we feel a brotherhood to the people who feel oppressed. If we had a vote and the people their made the decision to be part of india, as nehru promised them. Then all this war and hatred would be largely dissipated, and both our countries could have a normal relationship.

@Rafi... her bravery or stupidity (perspectives) is indeed laudable. But your comment about giving her the stature given to our freedom fighters was at best a cheap comment. Respect of that cadre are hard earned.

@dezi my friend - I will have to reply with a cliché - one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

Freedom fighters against the Brits were called terrorists.
I am not trying to be facetious - I genuinely think she is being patriotic by calling for withdrawal from IOK.

Reading through all the 11 pages, I am amused at many posts by our beloved friend, Mr. Rafi! From an incident where two CRPF men lost their lives to a cowardly attack by militants to Ms Roy! My my, the discussion has indeed remained on track. Thanks to Rafi!

Hence, I officially declare Rafi to be our new inhouse jester. We miss Mustiliej70 a lot. Rafi, you are the most appropriate and worthy successor to that crown!

Bask in thine glory, oh jester!

Reading through all the 11 pages, I am amused at many posts by our beloved friend, Mr. Rafi! From an incident where two CRPF men lost their lives to a cowardly attack by militants to Ms Roy! My my, the discussion has indeed remained on track. Thanks to Rafi!

Hence, I officially declare Rafi to be our new inhouse jester. We miss Mustiliej70 a lot. Rafi, you are the most appropriate and worthy successor to that crown!

Bask in thine glory, oh jester!

My, my, I have managed to get under the skin of some indians here, to insult is a sign of an argument lost. My friend you are the immature one, if to get a point across, you need to go back to kindergarten.

Allow me to retort - sticks and stones may break your bones, but insults never hurt anyone. :azn:

The indian soldiers died because their own state betrayed them by sending them to occupy and oppress another people, there is a history and a chain of events that led them to their deaths, indians can't pretend it was in some sort of vacuum.

:bunny::bunny::bunny: i am from NWFP/KP and many from my province of Pakistan share one thing that is that we can spit on India trillion times when it comes to Indian terrorism against our country.

We had liberated one part of Kashmir and we are ready to kill every invader soldier in IoK.

Rest you can poke your nose over TTP we dont care what bhartis say as it does not matter :bunny:

For one KP/Balochistan India have two dozen insurgencies

jana ji india gotta dozen insurgencies and we tackle succesfully like northeast and kashmir is today much peaceful than early or late 90s but you have only one but it makes you bleeding everyday ,pakistan is failing to curb this menace accept it...open your morning NP and read the headlines where you had bomblast yestrday ...

mikey don't worry keep gettin your soldiers killed....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom