What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
So Nehru was jackass, thanks to Sardar Patel.

Interesting read there... looks like Manekshaw still has that punch of humour.

I couldn't restrain myself, and said, 'That will raise their morale sir'.

iTs not a kahani buddy.... its d Decesion making capability of som jaka$$ who literaly given away the whole nation in pocession of intruders n UN and also som of the FINEST Men an Iron Men whose sacrificies made us to Breath now with sennse of Security without any fear that till such men are thier we can kick ne1s A$$ to its destination.

Good that Patel was not the PM ,otherwise not just Indian occupied Kashmir but Azad Kashmir would have been also lost its azadi.

The Maharaja was coming out of one room, and going into another saying, 'Alright, if India doesn't help, I will go and join my troops and fight (it) out'.

Thats the Dogra spirit.:tup::tup:

As usual Nehru talked about the United Nations, Russia, Africa, God almighty, everybody, until Sardar Patel lost his temper. He said, 'Jawaharlal, do you want Kashmir, or do you want to give it away'. He (Nehru) said,' Of course, I want Kashmir (emphasis in original). Then he (Patel) said 'Please give your orders'. And before he could say anything Sardar Patel turned to me and said, 'You have got your orders'.

No wonder the Iron Man of India.

We must thank our stars that the same God that gave us Nehru also gave us a Sardar Patel.
karthic-sri-albums-mine-picture3771-india.gif

Well, No one is 100% perfect and yet i maintain that Nehru was a man who gave India due to which we are.... What we r today.

One Perfect Example : IT WAS NEHRU'S BLIND FAITH ON HIS MEN... LIKE DR. HOMI BHABHA.. WHICH LED TO THE BIRTH OF AEC, BARC AND ISRO.

NOW TELL ME.. THAT JACKA.SS GAVE U THE VISION OF A MORDERN INDIA. AND LOOK THAT INDIA HAS GROWN MORDERN ENOUGH TO CALL THE FATHER OF MORDERN INDIA .. A JACK.***..

DO THINK.. INDIA AND PAKISTAN STARTED TOGETHER... BUT WHERE DO WE STAND TODAY ? AND WHY ?

Well, No one is 100% perfect and yet i maintain that Nehru was a man who gave India due to which we are.... What we r today.

One Perfect Example : IT WAS NEHRU'S BLIND FAITH ON HIS MEN... LIKE DR. HOMI BHABHA.. WHICH LED TO THE BIRTH OF AEC, BARC AND ISRO.

NOW TELL ME.. THAT JACKA.SS GAVE U THE VISION OF A MORDERN INDIA. AND LOOK THAT INDIA HAS GROWN MORDERN ENOUGH TO CALL THE FATHER OF MORDERN INDIA .. A JACK.***..

DO THINK.. INDIA AND PAKISTAN STARTED TOGETHER... BUT WHERE DO WE STAND TODAY ? AND WHY ?

Cannot agree more. Also educational institutes started under Nehru are now among the best in the world. We cannot forget his contribution in aviation industries. The airport that were built during his time are still being used in most cities.

To all those who are replying me and alleging ethnic cleansing. Well, how can 2 deaths a day be ethnic cleansing ? If we apply your logic, Pakistan should be ethnically cleansed by now because almost everyday at least one Muslim suicide bombs himself killing several other Muslims, almost every week dozens of so called militants are killed like dogs by the Indian army. How does it matter ? The dogs will never stop comming in. 2 deaths is too little for "Ethnic cleansing". What Israel is doing is also not ethnic cleansing. What Hitler did WAS Ethnic cleansing. You people have simply lost it.

Someone said Karachi is a city like Mumbai and cannot be compared with Kashmir. I appreciate you making an effort trying to make sense here, but you fail. Both are regions within respective territories controlled by sovereign governments. How can you take care of Kashmir when you cannot take care of Karachi or even Balochistan ?

:what:

Nehru and Morarjee are the only two Prime ministers who actually did the country good.

You mean the same Morarji Desai who phoned up Zia and bragged about how RAW/CIA had told him about Pakistan's nuclear plans. ? :hitwall:

Seriously you could have picked a better choice.

nehru was azzhole. please raise your hands in democratic manner. feel free to disagree

How easy to be dismissive of Nehru, to describe him in a pejorative manner as you do! A man who went to jail many times, including once with his father for this country's freedom, who gave us the India that we have today; a secular, free country. So free that someone like you can actually use an epithet like you have to describe the single greatest contributor to the modern Indian republic. The man who built all the dams that Pakistanis keep wishing that their leaders had, the man whose vision for an incredibly poor country included Institutions like the IIT's & IIM's at a time when many argued that the money would be better spent elsewhere, the man who started India off on a nuclear journey that would one day give his successors the ability to exercise the options that they did.

Easy to remember the few mistakes of the man than to acknowledge the greatness that reflects itself today in the institutions of India.

You mean the same Morarji Desai who phoned up Zia and bragged about how RAW/CIA had told him about Pakistan's nuclear plans. ? :hitwall:

Seriously you could have picked a better choice.

Probably not the best statesman but promoter of peace and harmony.

Back
Top Bottom