What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
decide for yourself,if you think the islamic identity is the strongest,then take all the 13.4% of indian muslims into pakistan.this time we ll transport them without any harm,be happy and take kashmir also.why have this whole secular wecular bullshit drama.

Nice idea, Sikhs too have the right of their separate homeland, Take Khalistan, no Indo-Pak border will exist. Transport all Christians to Mini Orissa. Na Rahega Baas, Na Bajegi Baansuri :devil:

map1.jpg

All pro-Hindu individuals and organizations should join hands to transform India into a Hindu Republic of Bharat. :sniper:

Nice idea, Sikhs too have the right of their separate homeland, Take Khalistan, no Indo-Pak border will exist. Transport all Christians to Mini Orissa. Na Rahega Baas, Na Bajegi Baansuri :devil:

map1.jpg

All pro-Hindu individuals and organizations should join hands to transform India into a Hindu Republic of Bharat. :sniper:

lol...you want Gujarat and Rajasthan also.?? this is unfair. :D

Only Pak border districts, no sea-boundary is unfair ;)

hahaha.....well as you wish.

But since you have got Haryana,Punjab what happens to the wresting team and Hockey teams ?? :what:

Change your Avataar. It's disgusting. It would have been okay if the woman was beautiful but this..:tdown:

You better change your avatar and Flags.

Kashmir belongs to Kashmiris (muslims).

You bigot, why should it belong to Muslims? Kashmiri Pandits, other Hindus, Buddhists and Sikhs have been living there for centuries,many of them even before the Kashmiri Muslims came to the picture, nay, even before Islam came into existence.

And now the Kashmiri Muslims kill, ra-pe, loot and drive out Kashmiri Pandits from their homeland and on top of that we hear religious bigots like you make statements like this?!

I can imagine what will be the fate of the Buddhists, Hindus and Sikhs if India gives away Kashmir to the bunch of religious fanatics. This just reinforces my belief that India should never let go of Kashmir.

Musharraf's K formula the second best: Research

IMTIYAZ Ahmad

Srinagar, Oct 31: After the elusive plebiscite under the auspices of the United Nations, former Pakistan president General Pervez Musharraf’s four-point formula is the second best option available for the resolution of the complex Kashmir issue, according to a research conducted by a Kashmiri student.

The findings sum up a research titled ‘Musharraf’s 4-point formula: A study in Kashmir Response’ by Sameer Ahmad, a Kashmiri scholar at the Department of Political Sciences, University of Kashmir. The extensive research, carried out over a period of two years, says a staggering 68 percent of the people in Kashmir believe that the formula is a significant initiative towards normalization of the relations between the two nuclear neighbour-countries.
It was in December 2006 that Pakistan, then led by General Parvez Musharraf, departed from its traditional stand and came out with his four-point formula on Kashmir resolution.

The formula included “identifying certain regions, demilitarizing the identified regions along with curbing militant aspect of the freedom movement to give comfort to the common people in Kashmir, introducing self-rule in these areas and developing a joint mechanism with India, Pakistan and certain degree of representation from Kashmir to oversee self-government and deal with residual subjects common to all identified regions”.

The research shows that a vast majority of Kashmir population (59 percent) believes that the porous border between the two nuclear countries - India and Pakistan - not only helps increase the economic well-being but also facilitates restoring of the much-needed peace in the subcontinent.

On the question of demilitarization, an overwhelming 87 percent people believe that troops have to be withdrawn. There is a widespread notion that Kashmir is a heavily militarised region, not only in South Asia but across the globe.

Although there is some kind of uncertainty over the element of self-governance and joint management, still a significant 43 percent of people consider these as helpful to resolve the over 60-year-old dispute.

The proposal, when floated, received fair amount of acceptability and mention in both the mainstream political circles and the moderate faction of Hurriyat; however, the Hurriyat faction led by Syed Ali Geelani outrightly rejected the proposal. The proposal has also been criticized on the ground that it was said to be based on religious identities.

Says Balraj Puri, noted journalist and human rights activist, “The proposal is based on religious identities which defies the ground realities. A solution to Kashmir problem on religious basis was unacceptable to India as it would threaten not only the secular basis of the country but also the unique Kashmiri identity and peace in the subcontinent.”

Musharraf's K formula the second best: Research

JK: Two militants killed in encounter with security forces

Two militants were killed in an encounter with security forces in Kupwara district of north Kashmir [ Images ] in the wee hours of Monday morning, a police spokesman said.

The encounter broke out when security forces confronted a group of militants at Bhawan forests in Zachaldara area of Handwara, 95 kms from Srinagar [ Images ], late on Sunday night, the spokesman said. Two militants were killed in the encounter which continued till the wee hours of Monday, he said.

The identity and group affiliation of the slain militants could not be ascertained as the search operation in the area was going on when
reports last came in, he said. Meanwhile, the search operation at Ahad Sahib locality of Sopore town, 55 kms from Srinagar, concluded on Monday morning.

An unidentified militant was killed and a civilian was injured during the operation late on Sunday night. "Efforts are on to identity the slain militant," the spokesman said.

Mohammad Afzal War, a resident of Noorbagh locality of Sopore, suffered injuries in his right arm and was undergoing treatment at the Bones and Joints Hospital, he said.

JK: Two militants killed in encounter - Rediff.com India News

The point is that Kashmiris have been compromised between India and Pakistan and right now it is best if we both compromise. What better gift can we give to our fellow Muslims than to accept their wishes?

the ummah brotherhood comes into picture only when one has to find fault with others as otherwise when it comes at taking responsibilities muslims in india become non muslims and not creditable enough even for representation in OIC.:partay:

As far as your statement is concerned Indian muslims are our own blood brothers and what you are asking is that we part from our own brothers just for the sake of some third party. sorry completly disagree with u.:angry:

That was a rhetorical question,pakistanis have to toe one line.whatever be that line,choose it and live with it.If the stand is Kashmir belongs only to Kashmiri Muslims,thats hypocritical.I think the Pundit demand for a hindu homeland within kashmir is fair in my eyes.

Subramanian,

You are not asked to speak for the indian muslims.We know what is
best for us.If you think you cannot agree to indias secular idea it is you who should go out from india.
I as indian muslim is happy tollive in india,and is proud tobe an indian.
My only problem is only some indians(both in hindus & muslims) who cannot tolerate others

I am not suggesting that,but denying kashmiri pundits space in kashmir doesn't sound fair to me.

My stand is the current status quo is the best for all parties.

I would say that partition kashmir into 3,one for muslims(the area bordering *** and Northern areas),North East for the buddhists and the south for the Hindus.

Back
Top Bottom