What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
I have to confess that Qureshi is a very clear, calm and straight forward FM, one of the best we had lately. :tup:

---------- Post added at 02:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 AM ----------

and you accused me of posting stuff to increase my post count??

:rofl:

just a piece of information to share with you :enjoy:

they always do that.....this is not something new.....just open a thread and see for yourself

Kashmir ka to pata nahi, par Pashtunistan aur Free Baluchistan ka nazaara to zaroor dikhayi de raha hai. Don't believe me, read on here.

I newer knew that hallucinations of Goras are that very famous among the BR kids. :D

Keep it up. You have every right to believe in anyones hallucinations..;)

@On topic...

Well said. :tup:

Keep crying and keep holding protests, Pakistani populace has a passion for holding protests for any issue anywhere on the globe!

Meanwhile India doesnt give a damn and keeps forging ahead.

We will change the map in no time once we decide to teach you a lesson just like we beat you in kargil by capturing the kargil peaks.

So I want to draw an analogy between Israel and Pakistan. So, today, a Jewish person is free to go and settle down in Israel and engage in gainful employment. Is this the case with pakistan as well? Can any Muslim around the world (or maybe just from South Asia??) apply to settle in Pakistan and engage in gainful employment? If this is the policy, has this happened? Have Muslims from the world/south asia applied to become Pakistanis and, if yes, how many? Any Stats? This would be a clear indicator that the idea of Pakistan is valid. If we see a barrage of applications from Indian Muslims who stayed back out of fear with the Pak Embassy, lets say in Delhi, then we can readily see that Indian Muslims are suppressed. I am trying to think logically here, instead of propagandizing.
For instance, the artiste MF Hussain was kicked out of India due to religious intolerance by some Hindu folks, but he does not seem to have applied for a stay in Pakistan (I believe he is in Qatar), clearly showing that pakistan is not the preferred place for leftover Indian Muslims.
Also, why isnt there a clamor from people in Bangladesh to remerge with pakistan, now that much water has flown under the bridge?
Doesnt this negate once again the idea that Subcontinental Muslims would automatically choose Pakistan, given they have a choice?
Extending the arguments further, why would subcontinental Kashmiri Muslims choose Pakistan as well?
The same goes for Hindu India as well. For example, Nepal being predominantly Hindu and Sri Lanka/Bhutan being predominantly Buddhist have not chosen to merge with India.
Why are there several Muslim countries around the Middle East, instead of one federation?
All evidence points to the fact that people do NOT want to merge on the basis of religion. They do not even want to merge on the basis of race. Look at Africa.
They are together or apart because of leaders and the way they do politics. A political leader who gains because of staying apart is not going to want to become part of a federation and lose his or her powers. On the other hand, a leader who enjoys power within a federation would not want the federation to break apart. I dont think religion has anything to do with it. Ergo, Kashmir can only be a political issue and not a religious issue as some leader there who thinks that his or her power structure would be greater would want an independent kashmir he/she can rule over. Once again, the argument that they would want to automatically merge with Pakistan has little validity here.

The same goes for Hindu India as well. For example, Nepal being predominantly Hindu and Sri Lanka/Bhutan being predominantly Buddhist have not chosen to merge with India.

Nice argument, except a small factual mistake.
India isn't Hindu, and therefore cannot form religion as a basis for Nepal or Bhutan to join itself. In fact, it was Nepal that was the only hindu country till recently, and could have asked India to join it by that logic.

There is no point arguing why not conduct the plebiscite promised by Nehru under UN supervision the world's largest democracy can afford a democratic referendum or plebiscite can't it!

the fact of the matter is, the presence of the occupational forces (the sissies) is only to hindustan's peril. Ask any Kashmiri and they will say that they loathe their presence. Occupied Kashmiris always declare August 15th as a black day; this is an annual phenomenon

these alone are very telling signs!

"integral part" argument = no credibility; no truth in it whatsoever; laugh-worthy at best

I wonder why the same Kashmiris recorded the highest percentage of voting in both State level and National elections.

Or may be it was the fudged numbers by the Bharti Media/Govt :azn:

Nice argument, except a small factual mistake.
India isn't Hindu, and therefore cannot form religion as a basis for Nepal or Bhutan to join itself. In fact, it was Nepal that was the only hindu country till recently, and could have asked India to join it by that logic.

utter hogwash.

your 'vande mataram' is a song expressing hindu nationalism, with hindu references, and here you are saying hindustan isn't hindu

you are within your right to dub it a secular country; at least on the outside (as opposed to grass-roots level)

We will change the map in no time once we decide to teach you a lesson just like we beat you in kargil by capturing the kargil peaks.

Will change... ;)

I will own 3 mercedes S class in next 3 months

:rofl:

so if you are confident in those so-called elections, pray tell me why hindustanys are the most insecure, quivery people on the face of earth every time plebisite topic is brought up?

why? b/c realities (the GROUND REALITIES in Kashmir, not ToI/hindu ''realities'') on the ground suggest that hindustan ALREADY HAS lost occupied Kashmir.

why do the people of this disputed territory declare your independence day as a black day? That alone is a huge snub.

utter hogwash.

your 'vande mataram' is a song expressing hindu nationalism, with hindu references, and here you are saying hindustan isn't hindu

you are within your right to dub it a secular country; at least on the outside (as opposed to grass-roots level)

That way easter and X Mas are declared holidays in the US but Eid is not. So next you will say that US is not secular as well..

Or may be the fact that the Haj airfare from India is subsidized for Muslims by GoI makes India an Islamic state??

I guess you do need to read up on what a secular state means..

Secular state - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

so if you are confident in those so-called elections, pray tell me why hindustanys are the most insecure, quivery people on the face of earth every time plebisite topic is brought up?

why? b/c realities (the GROUND REALITIES in Kashmir, not ToI/hindu ''realities'') on the ground suggest that hindustan ALREADY HAS lost occupied Kashmir.

why do the people of this disputed territory declare your independence day as a black day? That alone is a huge snub.

A couple of years back, a lot of traders wore black bands on the independence day to protest against the Sealing of illegal commercial establishments in New Delhi. The situation went bad enough for the police to open fire resulting in deaths of 2 protesters. That was a snub too I guess. :disagree: Will not make us hold a plebiscite in New Delhi. It follows a 5 year cycle of State elections.. just like J&K

About plebiscite, till our constitution doesnt recognize the concept of plebiscite for a state of the republic, that concept is just a rant which the world has forgotten, but Pakistan hasnt.

No skin off India's back.. Pakistan cant do much except unsuccessfully rake up the issue at UN and get snubbed by both the UN Sec Gen and the US state Department. If you are looking for a snub, you will be better looking in that direction..

Karan i don't need lectures from you on anything. Thanks for your offer.

by the way, every time a U.S. President takes oath --he touches the Bible. There are references to God (e.g. pledge of allegiance).

But even then, i would assert U.S. is more or less a secular state; except for maybe some ultra-nationalist conservatives, especially in the southern or other rural regions where religion plays a more dominant role --incidentally less diverse areas (look at utah for example)

U.S. post depression cannot be equated to hindustan, which is hardly 6 decades old. The values are totally different. There is still a lot of religious intolerance in hindustan; even among people with political power.

but now we are deviating from the topic....

Back
Top Bottom