What's new

Kashmir Issue: Keep the momentum going

scionofPakwattan

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I have been scanning western Media, one thing is clear: this recent stand-off has finally put the Kashmir issue on the media radar again, now is a good time to keep the momentum going, I was wondering what is/can Pakistan government do to keep it going? Is this the final push? Since even the NYT is saying that Kashmir resolution is inevitable if a nuclear crisis is to be avoided (https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/07/opinion/kashmir-india-pakistan-nuclear.html)

Yesterday's daily briefing:
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/07/briefing/kashmir-china-joe-biden.html

This time another UN resolution is required for Kashmir independence. Otherwise we will listen different stories of both side regarding the UN resolutions, only kashmiris should have rights to raise their opinions and their opinion about Kashmir resolution should be preferred over pak & Ind.

All other Resolutions on Kashmir should be nullified, once another new resolution will be adopted according to the wishes of only kashmiris, right now india is betraying with IOK people by trying to remove Article 35A & 370.

Last edited:
I have been scanning western Media, one thing is clear: this recent stand-off has finally put the Kashmir issue on the media radar again, now is a good time to keep the momentum going, I was wondering what is/can Pakistan government do to keep it going? Is this the final push? Since even the NYT is saying that Kashmir resolution is inevitable if a nuclear crisis is to be avoided (https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/07/opinion/kashmir-india-pakistan-nuclear.html)

Yesterday's daily briefing:
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/07/briefing/kashmir-china-joe-biden.html

Too much circus in the west right now, if you really want to bring Kashmir to the spotlight, you need more than political and media recognition; the power nowadays is with social media and the people, and the only ones who can get this to them are human rights organizations, and people themselves. But then again, too much circus in the west, I don't think it will grab the people's attention.

Pakistan must learn to call "Kashmir Dispute" instead of "Kashmir Issue".

Before 1990s, it used to be "Kashmir dispute", but then India requested Pakistan to start calling Kashmir an "issue" as this was a precondition of talks then. But ridiculous that talks never succeeded and Pakistan is still calling "Kashmir an Issue" instead of "Kashmir Dispute".

Do not disrespect 80,000 Kashmiris who have sacrificed heir lives, and do not trivialise gravity of matter by calling it an issue. Countries do not fight wars on issues. When you say "Kashmir issue", you speak language of your enemy who wanted to trivialise gravity of this matter. Regardless of what India says it, your stance must be reflected in the language you speak.

Kashmir is a dispute. Learn!

A sustained and categorical awareness campaign on social media could do wonders in this day and age. Although many are playing their part, but still the element of aggressiveness is missing. Now is not the time to be lazy. We need to push this matter with a little more zeal.

Why you wish this issue keeps going?
May be you misunderstood the OP.

Kashmir dispute should be resolved according to wishes of kashmiris people.
Enough this indian atrocities with kashmiri people.

Last edited:
What he meant was highlighting of Kashmir issue in media should be kept going.
I think If there are strategic interest for US, Russia or China in Kashmir then we can hope something good for kashmiri people. Kashmir is situated in center along with Pakistan, China & india the most populated countries of the world, I am really unable to understand why the world don't see Kashmir as a strategic location.

I think If there are strategic interest for US, Russia or China in Kashmir then we can hope something good for kashmiri people. Kashmir is situated in center along with Pakistan, China & india the most populated countries of the world, I am really unable to understand why the world don't see Kashmir as a strategic location.
Kashmir is a strategic location for Pakistan and India not the world and the only solution for Kashmir issue is India being thrown out of Kashmir and peace in South Asis which is not in interest of weapons manufactures in USA or Russia.

hqdefault.jpg

Back
Top Bottom